Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#126 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 1:19 AM
lol Ill be updating tonight so keep an eye out :D

Visit my site http://geocities.com/fairy_goddess922/

I love Plumbob!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#127 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 2:36 AM
Default Chapter 18
Chapter 18

Over the next few weeks Emily and Caleb had their hands full with the 3 boys. Even at a month old they were such a handful for the 2 of them. Molly had taken a week off work to come by and give them a hand. Everyone worked in shifts and everyone took a nap here and there when they could. They were trying to get the babies all sleeping at the same time but it wasn’t working out too well.

One very cold and dreary day while all the mayhem was going on in the Harrison household the phone was ringing as it usually does but no one was able to answer it. The machine picked up and after the beep this message was left. “Mr. or Mrs. Harrison this is Nurse Sarah one of your daughters attending nurses. She is going into surgery right now please give us a call…….”
“Hello, Hello” Emily said frantically trying to hand Jayson to Caleb who already had Logan and Austin in his hands.
“Hello is this Emily?” The nurse asked.
“Yes this is what’s wrong with Gracie?” Emily asked with tears in her eyes.
“They are taking her in to surgery right now. Our fears of a brain bleed have been confirmed by MRI and we are afraid it’s a grade 3 bleed, the worst of all. She will need surgery right away. We don’t know what her outcome will be. We thought you should know so you could get here as soon as possible.” The nurse said.
Emily assured her that they would be right there and hung up the phone. She didn’t have time to cry. She had to call her mom and get her over to the house to watch the boys. She had to make sure her mom could handle it and then they had to hit the road.

Once they got to the hospital Gracie was already in surgery. The nurse told them they would have to wait in the waiting room and a doctor would be out soon with an update. The wait seemed like it took forever even thought it was only 2 hours. Finally a doctor they had never met before came out. He was a younger man, tall with dark hair. He shook Caleb and Emily’s hands before motioning for them to sit down so they could talk.
“We have just finished the surgery; it went better than to be expected. Grace did well but the real challenge will be these next few days. The first 46 hours are critical. She may also have some sort of brain damage but we really won’t know until she is older. It will mostly be delayed motor skills, she might not walk when the boys do or she may not talk right away. We won’t know the extent of the damage for some time.” The doctor was very nice and said that Caleb and Emily could wait in Gracie’s recovery room while they finished up in the OR.

I love Plumbob!!!
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 2:46 AM
Nice update!!!

Good luck with Grace!! I hope everything goes well, gosh !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#129 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 3:24 AM
Thanks Danielle!!

Ok everyone only one more chapter to go, I want to see some more comments before I post it :D

I love Plumbob!!!
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 6:07 AM
Yeah people get to commenting because I can't wait to see the ending, I KNOW I'm not her only fan!
Instructor
#131 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 11:06 AM
Such heartbreaking updates ferris I am hoping now that the boys have arrived that Gracie will have a much better outcome than she currently is, she has made it this far and I am sure she will make it all the way and beat the impossible

Sorry, I haven't commented in so long (I've missed out on so much truthfully)

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Scholar
#132 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 6:53 PM
One more chapter to go?!?!... You can't stop now... lol Great update! I'm all caught up now.
#133 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 8:59 PM
Oh goodness! I hope Gracie makes it through the next few days of recovery! Great update!! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#134 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 9:04 PM
Default Chapter 19
Chapter 19

It took almost 3 weeks after the surgery for Gracie to be well enough to go home. Caleb and Emily were elated but yet again scared for what was ahead of them. They were already having a hard time with 3 babies at home but once they added Gracie to the bunch it would be harder. Emily knew she wasn’t going to sleep at all the night she came home. They picked her up from the hospital on a Saturday afternoon. There was a fresh coat of snow covering the ground. Emily made a mental note to tell Caleb to drive slowly going home. Once again Emily’s mom stayed with the boys while they drove up to the hospital. They got to Gracie’s room and walked right up to her crib. She was in a normal crib now because she was well enough to go home and she didn’t need to be in the incubator. Emily picked her up right away and gave her a big hug and kiss. She grabbed the diaper bag and immediately changed her into her going home outfit. The nurse came in and had them sign the paperwork for her to be discharged and take out her IV’s. Emily couldn’t believe that her babies were already 10 weeks old and she was just now getting to bring Gracie home. That night she didn’t sleep a wink. She sat in a chair watching her babies sleep. She finally had the family she had dreamed about.

Time seemed to fly by for the Harrisons and before they knew it the babies were celebrating their first birthday. Everyone they knew made it for the occasion even Molly and her family. Her boys loved playing with the quads. They had a good time at the party. Despite everything the doctors have said about Gracie not being able to do the things her brothers can do she has shown many signs of that not being true. Gracie was the first one to take her first steps at only 11 months old while the boys were still crawling around. She is also showing some signs of understanding things Caleb and Emily say.

The doctors say there is no way to explain why Gracie is doing so well. Through all of their studies and what has happened to other children in the past with her extensive brain bleed they are all in one way shape or form handicapped in some way. Caleb and Emily know how to explain it though. Just like the miracle of being blessed with 4 beautiful babies when they didn’t have a hope in the world to have a family, Gracie is nothing short of their Little Miracle.

I hope you all enjoyed this story as much as I have. I have one more little surprise for you that I will try to get posted in the next few days. I also will be putting the Harrison's up on my web site for upload so you can play them too if you want to in the next few days.

I love Plumbob!!!
#135 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 9:11 PM
This was a great story, Elaine! The ending was very sweet. You did an awesome job! :1st
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 9:15 PM
im so glad Gracie is okay!! great end to a great story!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#137 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 9:28 PM
Thanks everyone, i was going to make it a little longer but I figured it would just be dragging out the inevitable. I'm glad you all liked it. I love writing for you guys :D

I love Plumbob!!!
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 9:52 PM
Great job, hun! can't wait for the little surprise. <333
Test Subject
#139 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 12:11 AM
where'd you get the baby swing thing in the last picture?
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 12:20 AM
That was a sweet story ferrischick
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#141 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angelthatishonest
where'd you get the baby swing thing in the last picture?

Its a pay item from Eclectic Sims if you still want the link let me know

And thank you Starwyn.

I love Plumbob!!!
Instructor
#142 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 12:51 AM
Awww such a great ending to a great story, well done ferris

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Test Subject
#143 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 8:39 PM
so whats your website ferris?