Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #9: Waterfall & River (neighborhood effect) *UPD 30-APR*

by Numenor Posted 29th Apr 2005 at 10:55 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2005 at 12:08 PM by Numenor : Added "Splash" and "Stream" effects

223 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 205 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Field Researcher
#51 Old 5th May 2005 at 5:18 PM
Wow..great that you found this..its amazing!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 6th May 2005 at 12:25 PM
Awsome! Woo thanks for finding this! Yay
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th May 2005 at 3:07 AM
This is great, I will use it too. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 7th May 2005 at 3:45 PM
This is Great!!!

It would be awesome if we were available to use it in lots...
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 7th May 2005 at 9:49 PM
Thanks
this is awesome
#56 Old 10th May 2005 at 10:53 PM
That is just sooo cool! Wonder why maxis left it out of cat?
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 12th May 2005 at 4:56 AM
That is amazing thank you so much.
Test Subject
#58 Old 12th May 2005 at 1:03 PM
1000 thanx :gidea:

:wave: TPol
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 12th May 2005 at 7:13 PM
Waterfall and river do not show up in my game. The other lost and founds do but not this.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 12th May 2005 at 8:51 PM
Don't they show up in the catalog or in the game? If they are in the catalo, when you place them on the ground they will look like plain rocks: you have to wait a little (up to 2 minutes) to let the game create the water flow.
Check if you have the details set to high.

If nothing works (setting to high details and waiting 2 minutes), maybe your graphic card can't render it...
Scholar
#61 Old 13th May 2005 at 12:32 PM
These are beautiful, but then I think waterfalls are awesome anyway. I hope they will work in my game. My video card is integrated, but seems to do ok. I will let you know, as soon as I get a chance to try them. Thank you so much for these.

Teresa
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th May 2005 at 5:39 PM
I like waterfalls, thank you so very much! for finding this hidden feature
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 18th May 2005 at 7:58 PM
WOW!!! Thanks soo much Numenor!!!!
Test Subject
#64 Old 19th May 2005 at 11:58 AM
Ahhh... I LOVE waterfalls... but I have a disturbing feeling this won't work on my "barely meets minimum performance requirements" computer. I'm going to download it and give it a try anyway... Great find!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 29th May 2005 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The Waterfall is a neighborhood object that Maxis (lord knows why) decided to exclude from the catalog.

Maybe Maxis has started doing some of this on purpose just to see if foks WILL find them...

But thanks for doing so...
Like someone else mentioned, I'd love to be able to use this on an individual lot!(hint, hint, nudge, nudge)

Gillian
Test Subject
#66 Old 30th May 2005 at 5:44 PM
Thanks a bunch! I downloaded the Garden of Edan and for some reason the waterfall didn't show up but someone sent me a message saying that you have found the waterfall and river and had it for download. One question though, could you make that a zip. file, please? If you do, please e-mail me so I know.
Thankies! :elephant: :clap: :yippee: :dsausage:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 31st May 2005 at 7:46 AM
Gilliansl: LOL, your theory may be correct! As for an individual lot version, I absolutely have no clue how to do it, or eve if it's possible: the waterfalls are not "objects", with a 3D mesh; are just a graphic effect, probably limited to neighborhood view.

Lost_Sorrow: no ZIP, sorry; haven't you noticed how many problems has recently experienced the download server? We can't make the problem worse by duplicating all the attachments. But follow the link next to each RAR: all you need to know in order to open a rar is there.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 31st May 2005 at 9:01 AM
thank you, for all the work you do, to make our game so much more enjoyable. :bow2:
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 7:23 PM
i cant download it something is wrong can u help
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 9:08 PM
Sometimes the Downloads go offline. Try again later on.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 8:56 AM
I find some of the what the expert modders here at this site take the time to do to be amazing. There seem to be a select group of major-time modders here, numenor amongst them. To all of you I bow. Awesome find.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 3:56 PM
cant downlode
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 4:00 PM
been trying to download this since yesterday and still wont let me
Test Subject
#74 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 1:10 PM
Oh Mu Gosh You Maded My Day Thank You Very Very Much. Spasiba, Eyxaristo, Fala, Hvala, Blagodarim, Etc
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 10:03 PM
Nutty, the downloads come and go... You have been unlucky to try in the moment they were off. Anyway, now they are working.
Page 3 of 9