Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #9: Waterfall & River (neighborhood effect) *UPD 30-APR*

by Numenor Posted 29th Apr 2005 at 10:55 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2005 at 12:08 PM by Numenor : Added "Splash" and "Stream" effects

223 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 205 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
#76 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 8:01 AM
great find!!! deff. gonna use this on!
Field Researcher
#77 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 3:47 AM
Numenor, I downloaded this and put it in my game. Looks beautiful and I want to thank you for making it available to all of us. The only thing I've noticed that doesn't seem to work is the rainbow, but who cares.
Test Subject
#78 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 5:35 AM
so cool!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 6:05 PM
Thanks this is great, off to download
Forum Resident
#80 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 5:54 PM
Wow I love this it is sad why Maxis disables some of the cool stuff in a hidden object but am glad you are here to fix that wow nice. By the way how can I make my waters refective in my game in the neighborhood. I have reflection on and dose not show relective at all. Is there another way I can make this happen? Thank you!
Test Subject
#81 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 7:26 PM
thanks!! its awesome!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 9:44 PM
I was just wondering is it possible to get the flying birds from Nieghboorhood to live mode. As I read that the swans were too low poly count but I zoomed quite close to the birds and they looked good.
I tried finding the file myself but I have no idea where to look
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 8:24 PM
You remember well: the birds, the swans and many other NH objects have too simple meshes to be ported to live mode.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 9:35 PM
Ah but would it be posible for me to make the birds meshes then get the right animation files from those birds in neighborhood and then make them buyable?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 10:01 PM
Nope. The animation visible in the NH will not work anyway in live mode. As far as I know.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 6:36 AM
:lovestruc

Hmmm Thinking....
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 7:29 PM
Ah well it was worth a try. Is there anyone that can make their own animation files. I could take a moving object and change it so the animation vertices where still there only then somebody could change the animation files.

I determined to get birds for live mode but when I get them no doubt i'll be annoyed with them after a week but besides that.
Test Subject
#88 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 7:38 AM
It works great! Yet, the stream is choppy looking. Anyway, I was wondering if you knew whether or not in Nightlife this would show up when we can see neighborhood objects from our lots?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 8:02 AM
I didn't even know that in the Nightlife it will be able to see the NH effects from the lots I can't answer to your question, sorry, I wish I was Maxoid Numenor, but I'm not... :D
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 10:44 PM
Could somebody put it in zip. for me?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 11:00 PM
Songberd, as you know I put a great effort in all my creations, and I give them for free to all the users.
The least you can do is to put a little effort in following these instructions, and finally be able to manage rar archives:

How do I install this .rar custom content?
Test Subject
#92 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 6:46 PM
That's great!
Test Subject
#93 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 6:23 PM
*sobs* This is sooo awesome, but I don't have winRar! *cries* and I'm not allowed to download it.
*cries harder*
#94 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 10:13 PM
wow...thanks so much!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 10:15 PM
If you are not allowed to download WinRAR (and I absolutely can't understand why), then visit this site:
http://www.7-zip.org/

It's free, easy to use and safe to install.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#96 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 10:21 PM
Pilot - or go to snapfiles and download Zipgenius. It can zip and unzip .zip, .rar, and many other types of compressed files. I've used this for awhile and haven't had any problems.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/zipgenius.html
Test Subject
#97 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:22 AM
Great !! ^o^
I like it. Thanks a lot. :D
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 8:03 AM
This is really awesome and I have been enjoying it in my game for some time now. I was wondering if it was possible to change the color of the stream? I made a volcano neighborhood and it would be really cool to have a red waterfall to look like lava. Once again thanks for finding this in the first place

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, & loudly proclaiming WOW!! What a ride. -anonymous
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 8:40 AM
It would be cool, I agree; but I don't think it's possible to chenge the colour of the stream: it's not an "object", there isn't a mesh to recolour.

Lab Assistant
#100 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 9:40 AM
Bummer! Oh well it never hurts to ask thank you for the information.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, & loudly proclaiming WOW!! What a ride. -anonymous
Page 4 of 9