Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Third Person Mod

by QuackGames Posted 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:04 PM - Updated 8th Aug 2019 at 1:54 PM by QuackGames

281 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 180 Feedback Posts, 100 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 12
Test Subject
#226 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 11:20 AM
Wow, this is awesome! A must have, essential mod for all simmers! ♥ thank you for your hard work
Test Subject
#227 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 8:17 PM
Just discovered this, hope I'm not too late to report a bug!!

When the alt camera mode is active theres no keyboard bind to rotate the camera. the default < > doesnt work anyway, but also the Q/E doesnt work either after pressing Alt + C.

THis normally wouldnt be a big deal if using the keyboard and mouse, but I am trying to use this mod to bind the controls to a gamepad in steam, so theres basically no way to see where youre going once you turn.

this mod is really awesome btw, and thanks. its even worth the fact that it pretty much overrides all my custom Camera_0x25858b5c89c00944 xml tunings in gameplaydata.package.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#228 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 10:54 AM
I love you <3
Test Subject
#229 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 11:25 PM
an annoying bug i found was when using max weight for sims... the walking animation has the arms clip for females.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#230 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 2:37 AM
WOW!
I log in here after months, click Downloads > Sims3 and see the very thing I've always wanted in SIms3 but never thought anyone would actually do it!
I hope this mod lives on and gets more updates.
Being able to play with a controller would be an amazingly awesome thing and just so much more immersive than Sims ever was.
Test Subject
#231 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 11:46 AM
Third Person Mod not working due to F1 being assigned to mute volume
Quote: Originally posted by QuackGames
WASF? That's a weird one. Implementing a key binding interface isn't really feasable. But luckly, The Sims 3's keyboard trigger system is pretty straightfoward. You can easily edit the keys if you open the QuackGames_ThirdPerson.package file with S3PE . Open the package and go down to the ThirdPersonMovement.triggers file, and you'll see something like this:

Here you can clearly see all the mapped keys of the mod. Just right-click this file and go Export -> To File... to export it into a .triggers file. Save it anywhere in your computer, just don't rename it. Edit the exported file with Notepad++ or any text file editor, and change the following line:

from
?shift ?control d = MoveRight
to
?shift ?control f = MoveRight

Yeah, it's that simple. Once you've changed and saved the file, just import it back to the package by right-clicking anywhere in S3PE and going Import -> From File... and selecting your edited .triggers file. S3PE should automatically replace it. After that just save the package and you should be good to go. Let me know if it worked!

I can't enter the third person view because my laptop's F1 key is assigned to mute my volume. Is there a way to edit this key ? :c
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 1:35 PM
I CANNOT imagine how long this must've taken you. My fiancee and I both watched The Sim Supply's video on this mod and it is completely mind-blowing to our little brains haha. Great work!
Test Subject
#233 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kys.sushi
I can't enter the third person view because my laptop's F1 key is assigned to mute my volume. Is there a way to edit this key ? :c

Do you have an "fn" button? If so hold the fn key and press F1 (my F1 key is assigned to go to the windows 10 help page so I getcha)
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 3:26 AM
I wonder if anything could be done about walls. It's really unfortunate how cutaway walls put down all but exterior walls and it makes it look lame indoors but walls up doesn't work very nice with the mod :'(
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#235 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 10:44 AM
Controlling the boats in Island Paradise would be nice. Hope you work on it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#236 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 9:47 AM
Awesome. I was commenting to say that it's a shame you don't make it possible for left hand mouse users to use this, but read how to fix the keybindings. You should add that to the main page. (Left hand mouse gives access to arrow keys, home keys, crtl/shift/enter/backspace & the numpad by touch without ever having to look at the keyboard & turns games with large numbers of hotkeys to easy mode. Takes a few days to get used to, and well worth the effort for any gamer, but makes it a royal pain to play the rare games that don't allow config of keybindings. I've uninstalled games rather than deal with WASD nonsense. Arrow keys were made for a reason people...)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#237 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 1:55 PM
It has been recently brought up to my attention that the keyboard camera rotation wasn't working while Third Person was activated in Alternative Camera mode (Alt + C). This small update aims to fix that issue.

Changelog:
  • Fixed alternative camera rotation: Now the "<" and ">" keys will properly rotate the camera while Third Person is activated in Alternative Camera mode (Alt + C).

I would also like to take this opportunity to ensure you that I still plan on updating this mod in the future, and I'll try to add some features that a lot of people have been asking for (such as controlling vehicles). I can't make any promises right now as to when these updates will come, but rest assured that they are not crossed out from my to-do list.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#238 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 3:29 AM
Thanks! This is awesome. It adds so much gameplay depth. I can't play the sims 3 without this mod now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#239 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 3:33 AM
Glad to see that you still working on it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#240 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 12:36 AM
It's like the Wii version, in which you can move your character around
Test Subject
#241 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 10:38 AM Last edited by naofuku2 : 6th Sep 2019 at 10:54 AM.
Japanese Translation
modの日本語翻訳です。
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_QuackGames_1835459_ThirdPersonStrings_JPN.zip (1.3 KB, 703 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#242 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 7:49 PM
WOW. Thank you so much for this! Reminds me of the days of playing Sims 2 on PS2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#243 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 12:35 AM
wow thanks thats amazing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#244 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 12:07 PM
日本語ありがとう
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#245 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 7:36 PM
Wow!
Test Subject
#246 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 3:56 PM
My game crashed as soon as I hit the button to enter third person view and then kept crashing every time I tried to reload or load another game. I uninstalled the mod but my game still wouldn't run right. I had to reinstall my game. Shame, it looks like an awesome mod.
Test Subject
#247 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 2:26 AM
Looks super cool, but it crashes the game before it even loads up.
Test Subject
#248 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QuackGames
On The Sims 3, adding a first person camera wouldn't be an easy task. If possible, at all. I am, however, developing a Direct Controls mod for The Sims 4, which does support the game's first person view. If you're interested, the new mod is due to release in a few days.

Just had to log in and say that this is absolutely amazing. Wouldn't even think that it would have been possible.
1+ here is to hoping if you decide to take a look at creating a first person mod for the Sims 3. Regardless, what you've already done is absolutely stunning.
Test Subject
#249 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 12:22 PM
Default Some feedback
I am just trying this for the first time now. I got the message asking me if I wanted to disable free will for the selected sim, I said yes, but it was still on.
I went into the options and turned off free will manually. But after that my sim was still acting on his own. Only when disabling free will for all sims it worked. But then my sim still decided to go back home on his own.
I don't seem to be able to climb up stairs neither.
I wanted to test out more and give more feedback but then my game crashed.
Seems like a fun mod though. I noticed that it has tank controls at the moment, it would be nice to have regular directional controls.
Test Subject
#250 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 5:48 PM
Hey is it possible that this mod be used as a base to create a first person mod because of how close to first person it is? All someone would have to do is find a way to move the camera from the over the shoulder view to the in the head view. I'm not a mod creater but this mod gives me an idea to create a mod that gives a person a view from your sim's POV. If the mod creator would respond I would happy to go over some of the ideas.
Page 10 of 12