Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#376 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
Whoa......This is a lot more complicated of an error as I thought.
I found and fixed the problem with the careers file. It was a problem with the spacing in the names. Also, I redid the strings, as you seem to have gotten the strings confused. Just have a look at it and compare it to your old file and you'll see why.
However, there is a problem with hashing the strings file that I can't seem to figure out. The career won't show up, and it's not making ay script errors, and I know it's a problem with the FNV64 hashes on the strings. I've tried some different things, but I can't seem to get it working. Sorry.
I uploaded the file with all the changes that I made. I hope you can figure it out.
Edit: I also took out the tones file entirely, since it was causing problems and you said that you didn't have any custom tones anyway.

HI!
So the career showed up in my game. I got the number for my career. Although it is missing a few things, two of my tone for work don't show up, they're just blank spaces and my coworker descriptions don't show up. However, these are small so I'm not too upset about it. The career itself looks fantastic though!! I am so glad it worked. I appreciate all of your help, I can't tell you how thankful I am that you helped me. I was so excited to see it appear in the game. :D
Advertisement
Space Pony
#377 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxasloverXIII
HI!
So the career showed up in my game. I got the number for my career. Although it is missing a few things, two of my tone for work don't show up, they're just blank spaces and my coworker descriptions don't show up. However, these are small so I'm not too upset about it. The career itself looks fantastic though!! I am so glad it worked. I appreciate all of your help, I can't tell you how thankful I am that you helped me. I was so excited to see it appear in the game. :D

Huh. Weird. I couldn't even get it to show up in-game, although I think I know what went wrong.
Anyway, glad that I got it at least somewhat working! I absolutely hate doing the strings and don't really know how to fix it, so best of luck to you that you can figure it out yourself!
Test Subject
#378 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 4:28 AM
Huh. Weird. I couldn't even get it to show up in-game, although I think I know what went wrong.
Anyway, glad that I got it at least somewhat working! I absolutely hate doing the strings and don't really know how to fix it, so best of luck to you that you can figure it out yourself!

Thanks! I absolutely hate the strings as well. They were WAY confusing! Although, the one bit I think I have an idea. For whatever reason there's two spaces where the descriptions for those work tones are located in the stbl file. So I'm thinking that's causing the issue for that. As for the work tones... I think it's going to take some studying. I might just leave it and use it as is so I can finally let my Sims join it.
Test Subject
#379 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 6:11 PM Last edited by RossAl : 16th Jun 2014 at 7:34 AM.
Hi all!
Well, I'm pretty sure I did everything right. The problem seems to lie with the resource.cfg file. When I was finished editing my career names and I saved the mod, I pasted resource.cfg file into my TS3 directory under (computer - local C - program files - electronic arts - the sims 3 - game - bin) and I hit play. A few seconds later a message comes up saying "TS3 has stopped working".
I have all of the expansions and stuff packs, so I tried pasting the resource.cfg into my Into the Future directory. The game worked, it just didn't read my mod. (The mod is located in the documents - ea - ts3 - mods - packages)
So as of now I'm pretty sure that the problem lies with the resource.cfg
I copied and pasted the text that Creon said we must into Notepad. I saved as ("all files" in the dropdown) Resource.cfg
Any thoughts?
-Ross

Edit: Nevermind, it's working!
Test Subject
#380 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 7:39 PM Last edited by kjpeterson18 : 28th Jun 2014 at 8:51 PM.
Default Can't get my thing to work?
So I have been working on my career for a few days now and I am having the problem that everyone else is having where it still shows in game, JoinCareer####### with no text, description, but my hours and pay is correct. I have tried what everyone else has said, still nothing worked. This is starting to make my brain hurt because I have no idea whats wrong. Could anyone please help me?

EDIT: So apparently I uploaded a file that wasn't completed so I may have to restart. Ugh...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Marine_Career.rar (8.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Marine_CareerREVISED2.rar (9.3 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Space Pony
#381 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kjpeterson18
So I have been working on my career for a few days now and I am having the problem that everyone else is having where it still shows in game, JoinCareer####### with no text, description, but my hours and pay is correct. I have tried what everyone else has said, still nothing worked. This is starting to make my brain hurt because I have no idea whats wrong. Could anyone please help me?

EDIT: So apparently I uploaded a file that wasn't completed so I may have to restart. Ugh...

In your unhashed keys file, you have a space after almost every line. However, the FNV64 hashes are set to what the line would be if the space wasn't there, if that makes sense. If you don't already know, even one space can completely change an FNV64 hash.

You're either going to have to remove the spaces, or redo the entire file using the lines with the space in them.

Personally, I think it's a pretty obvious choice.
Test Subject
#382 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 10:02 PM
I want to add a "sleep at work" tone to a custom career. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that with the coding.

How do I add that AND get my sims to gain energy from selecting that tone?

Can anyone tell me how to do that, or direct me to a tutorial that tells me? I have read the whole tutorial on the wiki that this thread is based on, but it doesn't tell me how to do this in enough detail for me (I'm pretty new to this).

Thanks so much for any help!
Space Pony
#383 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaShade
I want to add a "sleep at work" tone to a custom career. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that with the coding.

How do I add that AND get my sims to gain energy from selecting that tone?

Can anyone tell me how to do that, or direct me to a tutorial that tells me? I have read the whole tutorial on the wiki that this thread is based on, but it doesn't tell me how to do this in enough detail for me (I'm pretty new to this).

Thanks so much for any help!

In your <CareerName>.Careers file, there should be a line somewhere that says "<SleepAtWorkTone></SleepAtWorkTone>." All you have to do is fill in that line, make the name and description using strings, and the tone should automatically be added into the career.

The game's code will interpret the tone as a "Sleep at Work" tone, regardless of what the name and description are, and as such it will give sims the appropriate energy gain and work performance decrease.

Of course, I don't think I have ever gotten around to actually testing all of that, as I don't like my sims using that tone, but it should work.
Test Subject
#384 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 5:52 PM
In your <CareerName>.Careers file, there should be a line somewhere that says "<SleepAtWorkTone></SleepAtWorkTone>." All you have to do is fill in that line, make the name and description using strings, and the tone should automatically be added into the career.

The game's code will interpret the tone as a "Sleep at Work" tone, regardless of what the name and description are, and as such it will give sims the appropriate energy gain and work performance decrease.

Of course, I don't think I have ever gotten around to actually testing all of that, as I don't like my sims using that tone, but it should work.

Okay, thanks! I'll try that.

I haven't tested it yet, but what I did was in my .careers file, I copied and pasted the Sleep At Work tone line from the top of the notepad down to where I had my other tones and their titles, and then I filled in the name, etc. I also added it to my unhashed keys notepad with my other tones. Is that wrong?
Test Subject
#385 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 9:19 PM Last edited by AnnaShade : 1st Jul 2014 at 9:57 PM.
Default Script error for .dll file in custom career
Okay, so I think I finished the career (called "Corporate" - my first I've tried). The career is not showing up in-game. At first NRAAS said there was an error with one of the .dll files. That is probably the problem, but I'm not experienced enough to know. If it is that file, what should I do?

The error for the .dll file says:
NRaas.Careers
Script Error
16516152695333.dll
Corporate.Careers

The career is supposed to be in the Business/Journalism building. But I do not get the option for the career at all.

What should I check? Any common problems like this? (I tried researching it but I only got threads on problems with DLC in general, which is not my issue here).

Thanks for any help you guys can give! And if you need more info just ask.
Space Pony
#386 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:27 AM
Okay, so I think I finished the career (called "Corporate" - my first I've tried). The career is not showing up in-game. At first NRAAS said there was an error with one of the .dll files. That is probably the problem, but I'm not experienced enough to know. If it is that file, what should I do?

The error for the .dll file says:
NRaas.Careers
Script Error
16516152695333.dll
Corporate.Careers

The career is supposed to be in the Business/Journalism building. But I do not get the option for the career at all.

What should I check? Any common problems like this? (I tried researching it but I only got threads on problems with DLC in general, which is not my issue here).

Thanks for any help you guys can give! And if you need more info just ask.

Would you mind uploading the full career package as well as the full script error?
Test Subject
#387 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 8:25 PM
Would you mind uploading the full career package as well as the full script error?

Sure. I switched the building to the combo restaurant/business building to see if that'd do anything (it did nothing).

I'm sure there's some sort of mistake(s) I made or something I missed that is the issue here, but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to spot it or even know where to look. Thanks again for your help! I appreciate it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  New folder.rar (21.3 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: .package file and also the script error notepad.
Space Pony
#388 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 4:32 AM
Sure. I switched the building to the combo restaurant/business building to see if that'd do anything (it did nothing).

I'm sure there's some sort of mistake(s) I made or something I missed that is the issue here, but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to spot it or even know where to look. Thanks again for your help! I appreciate it.

There are actually 2 parts to this error: The tones file and the careers file. The good news is they're both super easy fixes. Uh, you may want to sit down for this, though...

I'll start with the tones file. At the end of the file, you have this:
</Tone>
<Tone>

The problem with this is the second line needs to be </ToneList>, rather than <Tone> (Make sure not to forget the slash. I've had a lot of headaches over that. ). This is so that it matches the beginning of the file, which is <ToneList>.

Next, in your careers file, about where you start listing the info about the individual levels of the career, you have this:
<Corporate>
<Blahblahblahrandomcareerinfo>
</BLANK>

You never changed the line </BLANK> from the tutorial to </Corporate>. This is a repeating pattern down to the very end of the file, so make sure that you fix all 11 of those.

Also, there are a couple of lines (Namely the two when you're listing the "Executive Assistant" and "Division Manager" levels) in which the start of the line is <Corproate> rather than <Corporate>. Those need to be fixed as well. Small spelling mistakes like that can totally break a career .
Test Subject
#389 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 6:42 PM
There are actually 2 parts to this error: The tones file and the careers file. The good news is they're both super easy fixes. Uh, you may want to sit down for this, though...

I'll start with the tones file. At the end of the file, you have this:
</Tone>
<Tone>

The problem with this is the second line needs to be </ToneList>, rather than <Tone> (Make sure not to forget the slash. I've had a lot of headaches over that. ). This is so that it matches the beginning of the file, which is <ToneList>.

Next, in your careers file, about where you start listing the info about the individual levels of the career, you have this:
<Corporate>
<Blahblahblahrandomcareerinfo>
</BLANK>

You never changed the line </BLANK> from the tutorial to </Corporate>. This is a repeating pattern down to the very end of the file, so make sure that you fix all 11 of those.

Also, there are a couple of lines (Namely the two when you're listing the "Executive Assistant" and "Division Manager" levels) in which the start of the line is <Corproate> rather than <Corporate>. Those need to be fixed as well. Small spelling mistakes like that can totally break a career .

I figured it was things like that. I'll try those changes out and then hopefully it'll work! Thanks again for your help so far - you're seriously awesome! :D
Test Subject
#390 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 3:23 PM
Hello! Sorry if this counts as reviving an old thread but I need some help. I used Thomas' explanation to fix up my strings file, and my career shows up in-game, and the name of the career is displayed correctly. All the text is showing up. However, the metrics that should show up next to the performance bar (mood and the skills) aren't there, and I get this error:

I'm not sure how to fix the UI problem because I definitely didn't do anything in the code to edit it, so I don't know if I'm just missing a line (or several) in the code somewhere. And I can't, for the life of me, figure out where the other errors are, because I literally printed off all of the lines of code (the .careers and .STBL), and looked through it, plus compared it to a custom career that I know works in my game (OtakuFan17's SOLDIER career) and even though I corrected a couple of mistakes in my code, I didn't manage to fix the issue. Any ideas? :c
Space Pony
#391 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LenneDalben
Hello! Sorry if this counts as reviving an old thread but I need some help. I used Thomas' explanation to fix up my strings file, and my career shows up in-game, and the name of the career is displayed correctly. All the text is showing up. However, the metrics that should show up next to the performance bar (mood and the skills) aren't there, and I get this error:

I'm not sure how to fix the UI problem because I definitely didn't do anything in the code to edit it, so I don't know if I'm just missing a line (or several) in the code somewhere. And I can't, for the life of me, figure out where the other errors are, because I literally printed off all of the lines of code (the .careers and .STBL), and looked through it, plus compared it to a custom career that I know works in my game (OtakuFan17's SOLDIER career) and even though I corrected a couple of mistakes in my code, I didn't manage to fix the issue. Any ideas? :c

Can you upload the full ScriptError and career package for me? Thanks!
Test Subject
#392 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 4:41 PM
Can you upload the full ScriptError and career package for me? Thanks!

Just so you know, this is a personal mod that I won't be uploading anywhere for public use (it bears a striking resemblance to an existing career mod I was having issues with so I thought I'd try to create a career that uses the same skills-but it's still a rip-off so I'm not going to put that out there for other people to use). Disclaimer aside, here are the attachments :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LenneDalben_Career_Package_and_Script Error.zip (16.3 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Space Pony
#393 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:01 PM
Just so you know, this is a personal mod that I won't be uploading anywhere for public use (it bears a striking resemblance to an existing career mod I was having issues with so I thought I'd try to create a career that uses the same skills-but it's still a rip-off so I'm not going to put that out there for other people to use). Disclaimer aside, here are the attachments :D

Exactly when in your testing did the ScriptError appear? Was it when you were trying to enroll in the career?
Test Subject
#394 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:05 PM
Exactly when in your testing did the ScriptError appear? Was it when you were trying to enroll in the career?

Yes, immediately after my sim got the job, the error appeared. She was leaving the rabbithole and then it popped up.
Space Pony
#395 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:34 PM
Yes, immediately after my sim got the job, the error appeared. She was leaving the rabbithole and then it popped up.

I think I finally worked it out...sort of.

I just got done testing the career in my game, and joining it works fine (i.e. The career tab is updated with the job information), except for one problem. The metrics are not showing up, which I figured was the problem. I just got done testing, so I'll edit this once I figure out exactly what the problem is.

Edit: oops, sorry. I guess you already knew about the metrics not showing up. I must have completely skipped over reading that part.
Test Subject
#396 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:46 PM
I think I finally worked it out...sort of.

I just got done testing the career in my game, and joining it works fine (i.e. The career tab is updated with the job information), except for one problem. The metrics are not showing up, which I figured was the problem. I just got done testing, so I'll edit this once I figure out exactly what the problem is.

Edit: oops, sorry. I guess you already knew about the metrics not showing up. I must have completely skipped over reading that part.

Lol it's ok it happens
Space Pony
#397 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:58 PM

Ok, now this is just getting really freakin' weird.

I didn't really find anything wrong with the metrics, so I did some more testing. I found out that when I had the career package installed, ALL of the skills my sim in the career had were not showing up in the skills tab. Not just the ones required for the career, but ALL of them.

Needless to say, I kind of freaked out.

I quit without saving, removed the package, reloaded, and the skills were back, so at least it didn't leave any lasting damage. However, if you don't have any sims in the career at the moment, remove the package from your game IMMEDIATELY until we can tame this possessed career.
Test Subject
#398 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:10 AM
UI Issue Resolved (Alchemy Business)
Ok, now this is just getting really freakin' weird.

I didn't really find anything wrong with the metrics, so I did some more testing. I found out that when I had the career package installed, ALL of the skills my sim in the career had were not showing up in the skills tab. Not just the ones required for the career, but ALL of them.

Needless to say, I kind of freaked out.

I quit without saving, removed the package, reloaded, and the skills were back, so at least it didn't leave any lasting damage. However, if you don't have any sims in the career at the moment, remove the package from your game IMMEDIATELY until we can tame this possessed career.

Greetings and salutations! After scouring the internet for an answer, I finally figured out what the problem was: the first error listed, about metric titles, is referring to Alchemy. It seems that in the game code, it is actually called Spellcraft. Upon fixing this in the code for my mod, all UI issues were resolved, and I received no more errors
Happy Simming!
Space Pony
#399 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:16 AM
Greetings and salutations! After scouring the internet for an answer, I finally figured out what the problem was: the first error listed, about metric titles, is referring to Alchemy. It seems that in the game code, it is actually called Spellcraft. Upon fixing this in the code for my mod, all UI issues were resolved, and I received no more errors
Happy Simming!

Ha! Glad to see you figured it out!

See, I have Supernatural, but I barely, if ever, use the alchemy skill for anything since I like to focus on realism (I really only got Supernatural for the new stuff for children, lol ). I didn't even know it was called spellcraft in-game!

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.
Test Subject
#400 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 8:19 PM
Default My Career for missyhissy to take a look at
Here it is
Hope you can do something cuz it is german :P
Attached files:
File Type: zip  JavaProgrammierer_Career.zip (19.4 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Page 16 of 23