Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#401 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zeron
Here it is
Hope you can do something cuz it is german :P

Okay! There were some tiny typos in the main file that just needed fixing for the career to show up. It shows up in game now, so you should be good to go! I've attached the fixed file for you
Attached files:
File Type: zip  JavaProgrammierer_Career.zip (13.8 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Fixed

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Advertisement
Space Pony
#402 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
Okay! There were some tiny typos in the main file that just needed fixing for the career to show up. It shows up in game now, so you should be good to go! I've attached the fixed file for you

And the master of careers returns.
Glad to have you back.
Scholar
#403 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
And the master of careers returns.
Glad to have you back.

Haha, thank you. Things have been hectic, but I'm back properly now!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Test Subject
#404 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:06 PM
Hey everyone,

i will make a private school like nraas mod.
I've already tried the careers tutorial,and after this i go to game
select school rabbithole but didn't find the number wich i must take in s3pe.
This mod will be only for teens and children.

what should i do,to make custom school?

Ps.:I've upload my package,may someone look at this and tell me what i can do better or wrong?

thanks for answers!!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SteinerPrimarySchool_Career.zip (6.3 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#405 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:36 PM
Hi guys,

I am literally at breaking point I have been trying to get my career to work for a week now and have spent 40+ hours into making it work. It shows up in the game with the numbers but no matter what I try it just doesn't ever go any further than that.

I'm obviously doing something wrong but I've gone through all the comments and have taken on your advice but it must be something I'm overlooking. I've spent so long on it I don't want to give up on it.

If someone could look at the file for me to see where I am going wrong I would truly grateful for whatever assistance anyone could provide.

thank you for any help you can give,
Melissa
Space Pony
#406 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melimoo
Hi guys,

I am literally at breaking point I have been trying to get my career to work for a week now and have spent 40+ hours into making it work. It shows up in the game with the numbers but no matter what I try it just doesn't ever go any further than that.

I'm obviously doing something wrong but I've gone through all the comments and have taken on your advice but it must be something I'm overlooking. I've spent so long on it I don't want to give up on it.

If someone could look at the file for me to see where I am going wrong I would truly grateful for whatever assistance anyone could provide.

thank you for any help you can give,
Melissa

Can you please upload your career file? Also, what do you mean by it not going any further than the numbers? Do you mean that you're getting blank areas when you try and enroll in the career?
Test Subject
#407 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:04 PM
Can you please upload your career file? Also, what do you mean by it not going any further than the numbers? Do you mean that you're getting blank areas when you try and enroll in the career?

Yes, sorry that's what I meant to say! I've used missyhissy's comic book career as reference throughout the entire process and used ThomasRiordan's tutorials. I'm now at a stage where I can't even process the code it just hurts my head. Any help you could give I would sincerely appreciate!

Here is a link to the mediafire download: https://www.mediafire.com/?twyozb113i3qrgr
Space Pony
#408 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 8:14 PM Last edited by gamefreak130 : 5th Oct 2014 at 10:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by melimoo
Yes, sorry that's what I meant to say! I've used missyhissy's comic book career as reference throughout the entire process and used ThomasRiordan's tutorials. I'm now at a stage where I can't even process the code it just hurts my head. Any help you could give I would sincerely appreciate!

Here is a link to the mediafire download: https://www.mediafire.com/?twyozb113i3qrgr

Hi, melimoo!

After some dabbling, I got the strings fixed up! It involved a problem in the hashes. I had the exact same problem when I first made my career. For me, it seems like there's no predetermined way to make the strings. I just have to tinker with different combinations of hashing until I find something that works!

I also corrected some typos and nonexistent references to Missyhissy's Comic Artist career.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Fashion_Blogger_Career_FIXED.rar (15.8 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#409 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:37 PM
Oh wow! Thank you so much, I am really grateful for your help! I am probably more excited than I should be about playing this in my game now! Once again, a massive thank you and loads of virtual hugs
Test Subject
#410 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:34 AM
Hello, I have the same problem as melimoo does. I get JoinCareer[Random Numbers] and I tried using http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:_Complete_Guide_to_Career_Modding_for_Beginners! to fix it, but I tried to turn it into FNV64 using S3PE and it didn't work. I tried using the tennis example, and when I turned it into hash, it was different from the correct one. Any ideas?
Space Pony
#411 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 4b4b4
Hello, I have the same problem as melimoo does. I get JoinCareer[Random Numbers] and I tried using http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:_Complete_Guide_to_Career_Modding_for_Beginners! to fix it, but I tried to turn it into FNV64 using S3PE and it didn't work. I tried using the tennis example, and when I turned it into hash, it was different from the correct one. Any ideas?

Strings are just generally a pain in the neck for me. Oftentimes, I find that S3PE adds unnecessary spaces to the ends of some of the STBL lines, and just the one space at the end throws whatever the FNV64 hash is for that line completely out of whack.

You might want to try this. Edit the Unhashedkeys STBL in S3PE, selecting the entire line (including the space if it exists), then copying and pasting it into the FNV64 hash input box. Do this for all of the lines in the unhashedkeys strings file.

For the JoinCareer interaction to work properly, copy and replace the hash from the JoinCareer unhashedkeys line to the JoinCareer English line. In other words, if you were to compare the unhashedkeys and English string hashes, only the JoinCareer lines would match.

I don't know if this strategy will work for you, but it worked for me and Melimoo, so I would try it out and see what happens.

*Edit* - There might be some hashes other than the JoinCareer ones that are the same between the unhashedkeys version and the English STBL version. It shouldn't screw anything up. The point is to make sure that the JoinCareer lines are the same.
Test Subject
#412 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:15 AM
Glad to see this thread alive and thriving, I have a two-part question.

a- Can we only add four skills/factors for each career or can it be more?
Is it possible to have five skills AND mood AND coworker relationship as promotion factors in one career ?

b- Also, can hidden skills also be included in this list? For example, can I create a gambler career, which would obviously need the gambling skill, which is not only hidden, but also part of store content?

Hoard - Collect - File - Index
Catalog-Preserve-Amass-Index
Space Pony
#413 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Portokalia
Glad to see this thread alive and thriving, I have a two-part question.

a- Can we only add four skills/factors for each career or can it be more?
Is it possible to have five skills AND mood AND coworker relationship as promotion factors in one career ?

b- Also, can hidden skills also be included in this list? For example, can I create a gambler career, which would obviously need the gambling skill, which is not only hidden, but also part of store content?

Well, I'm about the only one left answering questions on this thread.

As for your questions, I'm not entirely sure. On the Career Modding walkthrough, it says "These are the metrics that you can alter depending what you want the requirements for promotion to be. Add or delete them as you see fit." So I'm assuming that you could have more than four metrics, if you want a really hardcore career.

In theory, one could also assume that if you knew the id of a hidden skill, you could apply it to the metrics and tones, but there would be no sign of the hidden skills increasing because they're hidden.

If that doesn't bother you, then it should work, but I've never tested something like that before so you might want to make a backup or something first.
Test Subject
#414 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:08 PM
Well, I'm about the only one left answering questions on this thread.

As for your questions, I'm not entirely sure. On the Career Modding walkthrough, it says "These are the metrics that you can alter depending what you want the requirements for promotion to be. Add or delete them as you see fit." So I'm assuming that you could have more than four metrics, if you want a really hardcore career.

In theory, one could also assume that if you knew the id of a hidden skill, you could apply it to the metrics and tones, but there would be no sign of the hidden skills increasing because they're hidden.

If that doesn't bother you, then it should work, but I've never tested something like that before so you might want to make a backup or something first.

Oooh thanks for the reply!

I was wondering all this, because in UL one can benefit from social influence, which is basically a hidden skill. Same goes for ShT for Singers, acrobats and magicians and their particular skills-also hidden.

Again, thank you for the reply and the insight! Much appreciated Once I get a grasp of all this and experiment a little bit, i will post anyway, sjust so others can know if this stuff is do-able ,if anyone interested...

Hoard - Collect - File - Index
Catalog-Preserve-Amass-Index
Test Subject
#415 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 4:34 PM
Default Female Job Titles
Hiya!

I'm from Brazil and i'm translating custom careers. But, because of my language, i have to create gender-specific titles. It has already for males, but i have to create specific job titles for females. Can you help me?
Space Pony
#416 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 4:50 PM Last edited by gamefreak130 : 2nd Dec 2014 at 9:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by vini15
Hiya!

I'm from Brazil and i'm translating custom careers. But, because of my language, i have to create gender-specific titles. It has already for males, but i have to create specific job titles for females. Can you help me?

I don't believe there is a way to make gender-specific job titles, but you can make gender-specific promotion messages.

Edit: Well, I was wrong. Nevermind.
Scholar
#417 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 10:46 PM
@vini15 : It's easy to do gender-specific titles. Just copy the code line for the male title and add '_Female' to the end

Test Subject
#418 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 11:14 PM
@vini15 : It's easy to do gender-specific titles. Just copy the code line for the male title and add '_Female' to the end

What "code line" I have to write?
Scholar
#419 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vini15
What "code line" I have to write?

When you're translating a career, you see lines of code like this:
Quote:
<KEY>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/Builder:Painter</KEY>
<STR>Your Male Title Here</STR>

To add a female title to the career level, just add this underneath it:
Quote:
<KEY>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/Builder:Painter_Female</KEY>
<STR>Your Female Title Here</STR>

Hope that helps

Test Subject
#420 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 3:51 AM
Default Help, please?
Hi, all!

I've been trying to create a custom career for days now as per Creon's tutorial instructions, and so far I've followed all of the relevant advice on this thread - specifically to use ThomasRiordon's method to create an STBL - but for some unknown reason I can't get my career to show up in game. FYI: I understand all of the instructions and have followed them perfectly (as far as I know), so I don't understand why my career wouldn't work... Anyway, I'm wondering if someone could take a look at it for me and let me know how to solve any problems I may have? I'd really appreciate it

I've attached my career file as well as two script errors that appeared in my The Sims 3 folder - in case that helps. Sadly I have no idea how to read them myself...

Thanks in advance!
Keri
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Basketball_Career.zip (23.6 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Description: career and script errors
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#421 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 6:33 AM
keri_maniquet, you have some malformed XML in line 164. Make sure every opening tag has a corresponding closing tag. Just the smallest error in that will make the XML unreadable and the career non-functional.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#422 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 4:01 PM Last edited by keri_maniquet : 3rd Dec 2014 at 6:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
keri_maniquet, you have some malformed XML in line 164. Make sure every opening tag has a corresponding closing tag. Just the smallest error in that will make the XML unreadable and the career non-functional.

Thank you for your answer - I'll go over everything again to see if I missed any typos or tags or... anything!

Edit: I found and corrected two errors in my code, and then my career finally showed up in game! So, thanks again for your advice

Now I have another question: how would I make a promotion dependent on a win/loss record?
Test Subject
#423 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 11:07 PM
When you're translating a career, you see lines of code like this:

To add a female title to the career level, just add this underneath it:

Hope that helps

Actually, I don't see it like this. Which program I have to use to see this line code? Sorry for bothering you...
Scholar
#424 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 2:26 PM
@vini15, if you're translating a career made by somebody else, then you should be using Notepad. Are you creating your own career, or simply translating?

Test Subject
#425 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 4:15 PM Last edited by vini15 : 6th Dec 2014 at 6:48 PM.
@vini15, if you're translating a career made by somebody else, then you should be using Notepad. Are you creating your own career, or simply translating?

Never mind... I made it!!!!! Thanks a lot!
Page 17 of 23