Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#29101 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Is there a way to get notifications every time someone posts feedback on a download? I feel like I'm missing something. The only thing I see is that your uploads get added to your subscribed threads, but I never remember to check there. (I feel terrible because I've missed messages, for like months, even though I'm on MTS several times a week...)

I use My Links/My Feedback. I usually unsubscribe from uploads after I've submitted them, as I use my subscribed threads to keep track of tutorials and such. Otherwise, you are subscribed to your own uploads, and then view My Subscriptions as kestrylln mentioned, then you will see new comments. I just find My Feedback more direct.
Advertisement
Theorist
#29102 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Darling, you can't simply 'make' them gay. Sims are born this way.
Well, you see, yes, but actually, no, but then again,
Theorist
#29103 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 11:55 AM

No. Sims are whare er you tell them to be. Yeah there's that sexual preference bar you can see in Simpe, but in my experience it has very little influence on the game.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#29104 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Yea, "random". But EVERY randomizer in the game is BROKE. I've read of a complex way to fix them...

I noticed that if I went to a community lot, the random population would persist for a few visits, despite that the time of departure was done by walking and not exactly the same. What I did to solve this was add a bunch of changing variables from globals like time and object IDs, then did a mod on the sum to the desired range.

That is what our western current culture claims now. But it ain't technically so. I believe that autonomous reactions take it into account, but it's been a long while since I played vanilla. I hid romantic interactions altogether when the preference has fallen too far into the negative.
Lab Assistant
#29105 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 5:20 PM
Do you guys use a lighting mod? I tried out the Radiance lighting and also "Cinema Secrets" but I'm finding that in both of them, I feel like things are too dark indoors during the day and too glaringly shiny-bright when lights are on indoors at night, which means that you can get really pretty pictures if you set things up just right (or are outside on a sunny day) but most of the time it looks worse. Which I guess is more realistic to the real world, but less conducive to gameplay...... I really like the way these lighting mods look in other people's game pictures but I feel like I'm doing something wrong because it just doesn't look like that for me.
Lab Assistant
#29106 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 6:47 PM
What clothes/hair do Sims default to if the currently assigned ones aren't available?
Mad Poster
#29107 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 7:06 PM
Other random clothes and hair of the same type. There's no consistency about it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#29108 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 7:58 PM
Should I allow my neanderthals to use the genie lamp that was somehow rewarded to one of the toddlers? This is in my TOT challenge. There's nothing in the original rules or pleasantsims rules that specifically say neanderthals can't use it. But idk if it's cheaty because it's a challenge?
Mad Poster
#29109 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
No. Sims are whare er you tell them to be. Yeah there's that sexual preference bar you can see in Simpe, but in my experience it has very little influence on the game.

It affects with autonomous socials sims do, which sims they have chemistry towards, and if you have sufficient mods, which interactions they accept, and who they have the attraction reaction to. But you have direct control over the sexual preference bar, so.
Inventor
#29110 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 8:56 PM Last edited by Softlism : 12th Jan 2022 at 9:19 PM.
How can I check in SimPE to which Accessory mesh an unknown Recolor is linked? In the Mesh Overlay XML, I only see a name of a Maxis glasses.
Mad Poster
#29111 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Should I allow my neanderthals to use the genie lamp that was somehow rewarded to one of the toddlers? This is in my TOT challenge. There's nothing in the original rules or pleasantsims rules that specifically say neanderthals can't use it. But idk if it's cheaty because it's a challenge?

It's a solo game. Who would you be cheating? The prime question is not, "Is it cheaty" but "Would it be more or less fun for me?"
The fun of a challenge is in the imposition of structure and limitations which make a game more interesting to the player. In any challenge, a player is going to find certain limitations more frustrating, confusing, or tedious than normal game play, which is why there's different sets of rules for the same challenge. That's not cheating. That's customisation.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#29112 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 3:06 PM
I have attached a Downtown subhood to my main hood by accident. No sim lives in it but of course the downtownies have been created by the game. Can I delete it or does it have to stay because of corruption possibilities? If it does have to stay, does it also have to stay if I attach another downtown subhood to the main hood or can I delete it then?
Mad Poster
#29113 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 4:34 PM
If you decide to delete the downtown, first move the graves in Gothier Green Lawns and the House of Fallen Trees to a graveyard in a portion of the hood that you're keeping, to be safe. If you delete the downtown, the living downtownies will still be in the neighborhood, but you won't see them. If you want to add a different downtown, do it before deleting the first one, or you'll get two sets of downtownies with different names. A second downtown added while the first downtown exists won't generate downtownies, but if you delete one to add another, the game doesn't realize that the new one is the second downtown added and assumes you need new downtownies.

Field Researcher
#29114 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
I have attached a Downtown subhood to my main hood by accident. No sim lives in it but of course the downtownies have been created by the game. Can I delete it or does it have to stay because of corruption possibilities? If it does have to stay, does it also have to stay if I attach another downtown subhood to the main hood or can I delete it then?

From what I remember, you can safely delete the Downtown: the downtownies won't be deleted along with the hood, they will just be "strays" until you add another downtown for them to wander on.

If the new downtown you want to add is populated, you MUST delete the old one first, because for some coding reason if you add multiple downtowns every one but the first is added WITHOUT its sims. I guess this also causes corruption so I suggest avoiding the risk!
If the downtown you want to add doesn't have characters, then you can add it regardless.
In both cases, the downtownies from the hood you added by mistake will populate the new downtown you're adding.
Forum Resident
#29115 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer
Do you guys use a lighting mod? I tried out the Radiance lighting and also "Cinema Secrets" but I'm finding that in both of them, I feel like things are too dark indoors during the day and too glaringly shiny-bright when lights are on indoors at night, which means that you can get really pretty pictures if you set things up just right (or are outside on a sunny day) but most of the time it looks worse. Which I guess is more realistic to the real world, but less conducive to gameplay...... I really like the way these lighting mods look in other people's game pictures but I feel like I'm doing something wrong because it just doesn't look like that for me.

If you're interested, I use dreadpirate's Maxis Match Lighting Mod. I'm a Maxis Match player who wanted some variety with the lighting and this mod has done just that for me; it's Maxis lighting but improved upon and has even added dawn and sunset lighting. I found that other mods were too dark for my liking too, which is why I'm suggesting the first one I liked. I'm not sure what your game style is and whether you wanted to stray from Maxis stuff, but it's just a suggestion. There are a lot of mods out there and surely one should take your fancy

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#29116 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer

I think it depends on which lights you use, and how many/how you place them. I use dreadpirate's version of the Radiance mod (I used to have the 2.4 version on my old computer), and I often feel pictures look better indoors than outdoors, but I have tried without the mod and wasn't too happy with the look. The lights seemed even more glaring if I used more than one...
Alchemist
#29117 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 7:40 PM
Default No shovelling food
Question...what are people doing to alleviate the food spray when sims eat? I suspect my recent CC cleanup has removed something which was severely reducing this 'feature' - unless all the sims I've looked at since are sloppy. Yesterday's example was a sim with three Neat points, who shouldn't be using extreme behaviours.
I do have Cyjon's NoEatCrap.
I've looked for a mod, but can only find one or two very old ones. Sim99Fanatic's mod might be okay, but the comments suggest it slows eating down a lot, and may even prevent sims from filling their hunger bar. Can anyone comment?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Instructor
#29118 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 8:43 PM
Does anybody else get unreasonably nervous each time there's the lag from sunburn? I always think it's about to crash. I waited years for some reason to get the 4gb patch so I got very used to regular crashing and now I've not had a single crash in good long while but I still am always on edge
Inventor
#29119 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 11:35 PM
Yes, the skin overlay change causes a massive CPU usage. But luckily it happens infrequently from hot or cold temperature.

What slows down eating the most is the talking loops. Sloppy eating has a proportional chance of occurring up to 599 points of neat, and doesn't help with speed for eating food that need to picked up by hand (hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwich).
Alchemist
#29120 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Try this mod.

Thanks, I will try it. Did you make it?

Inventor
#29121 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 1:49 AM
Yes, I ripped it out of my bigger package, and tested it in isolation in Mansion. The two aspects of it can be separated, in case you like the conversation, or mind that sometimes a sim is "rude" and doesn't respond. I find conv. inefficient in building relationships because it seems only one person can talk at a time.

I don't really mind the fast eating of adults and teens, and am surprised it happens as high as 5 blips. But children are particularly sloppy waving the left hand too pushing air into their mouth.
Field Researcher
#29122 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 10:02 AM
Hi! Is there a way in SimPE or some type of hack to spawn a written novel, without having to wait for a sim to write it? I would like to be able to choose the title, description and bubble icons of the novel too.
Alchemist
#29123 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Yes, I ripped it out of my bigger package, and tested it in isolation in Mansion.

It seems to work well in my game so far (only adults observed at this stage) No more food spray, and they do still talk at times. Thank you!

New question for clever people: Visiting a community lot, I met a townie with no body at all, just a floating head. Presumably there's some problem with her clothing.
I took note of her name. I suppose I can summon her to a house and force-change the assigned outfit, which will probably give her a body. But I don't think that will locate the broken thing. What's the best way to find and fix the clothing?

Top Secret Researcher
#29124 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
It seems to work well in my game so far (only adults observed at this stage) No more food spray, and they do still talk at times. Thank you!

New question for clever people: Visiting a community lot, I met a townie with no body at all, just a floating head. Presumably there's some problem with her clothing.
I took note of her name. I suppose I can summon her to a house and force-change the assigned outfit, which will probably give her a body. But I don't think that will locate the broken thing. What's the best way to find and fix the clothing?

Extract her with SimPE, clone her in body shop and then package her. Then open the package with Clean Installer and there will be the name of the clothing (as well as everything else the sim has on).

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#29125 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed

A floating head simply means a missing mesh. The clothing is probably fine, but you don't have the mesh it needs.

As Pideli suggested, packaging the Sim and looking at the items in Clean Installer should give you the clothing. But you will then need to find the mesh which that clothing needs.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Page 1165 of 1346