Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#101 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 3:04 PM
How do you guys get the icons for your family trees?

I've come to realise that I may need one soon in order to keep track of everyone.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:16 AM
Here's mine

http://familyecho.com/?p=XVUFU&c=cu...4667#view:XVUFU

I'm having trouble locating some of the headshots in simpe, idk why they don't show up so I can't add them. Also some Sims died as elders before I figured out how to do these, but from now on I'll stop updating the pics once they're adults. Anyway, the family is pretty big now, started as many different families and just sort of...happened :P
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 8th May 2014 at 8:52 AM
Default Brandi and Skip Broke's family

The new Broke family after reinstalling the game.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:57 PM
Mad Poster
#105 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 2:06 PM
The Weiss-Oake Family

The Weiss-Oake family live in Emerald Groves. They are the family that I am using to try out Heimlichburger's "Adam & Eve" challenge. I'm certainly enjoying it so far!

Quote: Originally posted by Liv
The Tischners' family tree :D

That's so cool, Liv - it's great to see the changes in the years you've been playing! :-)
Scholar
#106 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:43 AM
Eww. I don't want to imagine that.

"Dad I'm pregnant with twins"
"Who's the father? "
"You. Oh and your grandson in law, you know my son in law?"
Michael stares with horror. So does Dougal o'malley when he entered the room.

Too late.
Mad Poster
#107 Old 19th May 2015 at 4:03 AM
Default correction (I thought Douglas had a "child"line)
Douglas is having babies with Mandy, and HER mom. Just your usual Sim problem of not knowing what bed to sleep in. I'm sure it was just an accident...um, twice.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#108 Old 19th May 2015 at 10:59 AM
Thanks for pointing that out Whoward69
No one knows your sims family trees better than you.

The irony of disagreeing with my own post.

Now I see it was Michael's daughter-in-law not a biological daughter, I must have been tired when I posted.
Nice looking family you have though.
(Do they check who they're sleeping with?)
Mad Poster
#112 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 11:38 PM
On the other hand, I am not above causing a sim to have a child by himself! I just wish I had the patience to even USE a family tree. Sometimes I have to write an ancestor info in a persons bio, as the real parent won't show up if I have offended the game.

#113 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 12:59 AM
Well...this is an awkward family tree. Mortimer was electrocuted to his death and Bella's just kind of stuck like that.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#114 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:52 PM
It must be really easy to CREATE a family tree, there seem to be many ways (programs) to do it - some are very pretty. But I have no clue how to CREATE one (and google was no help). Please, someone, can you give me some clues? Also, I assume I will have to put it...somewhere -with a link (even though lately the trees posted are large). The only program I've used is Photobucket, but don't know how I would use that to create a tree and share it...

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#115 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:48 PM
I used to use My Heritage because it allowed you to create multiple trees in one file (I was interested in having all my Little Carping families in one place) and because it allowed marriages between the same sex - also you could show parents as not married (though you had to mark them as partners). Some family tree makers don't let you do this sort of thing. When I got the new computer in November though, I didn't reinstall it because I don't like the crap ware that comes with it (and you can't opt out of). For that reason I wouldn't recommend it though it is good for allowing you to build a community picture - for me, a community obsessed player, this was a bonus. I'd be interested to hear what others are using and can you do the sort of thing I describe above?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#116 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 8:48 PM
So I don't see a non-commercial way to do it. Will see if there is not some windows program that allows amounts to drawing, balloons, and picture attachment

Test Subject
#117 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 3:02 PM
The Marchewka family
http://i.imgur.com/WCyOgIS.png
Test Subject
#118 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 8:52 PM
Instructor
#119 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 9:20 PM
The Sawyer Family
Test Subject
#120 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 11:51 AM
So cool seeing all these family trees! Here's mine: http://familyecho.com/?p=X8YTC&c=kq...2273#view:START
Field Researcher
#121 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 4:03 AM
The descendants of Alvin and Elise Larson, parents of pre-mades Jason & Jodie, who were among the first settlers of my hood. Now on the fifth generation (zoom in to read it better)

Test Subject
#122 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 8:36 PM
Default Everdeen Family Tree.
I can't believe I've lasted this long but I'm currently playing the 4th Generation of my Everdeen family. 4 GEN'S doesn't sound like much but I've decided to play every single sim, and I love large families.
I'm currently at 206 sims.

Take a look:

http://www.familyecho.com/?p=ON1R1&...030498742323606
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shawnaleighx
I can't believe I've lasted this long but I'm currently playing the 4th Generation of my Everdeen family. 4 GEN'S doesn't sound like much but I've decided to play every single sim, and I love large families.
I'm currently at 206 sims.

Take a look:

http://www.familyecho.com/?p=ON1R1&...030498742323606

Every sim!? Wow!! That's awesome!!
Top Secret Researcher
#124 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:44 PM
Cool! I've found other people who are obsessed with family trees as I am. I made mine late in the game so the older sims only had pictures of them as elders. I just recently re-did my tree and fixed them to have pictures of themselves in adulthood. I had to bring them back to life, age them down and dress them in the clothing they wore as adults. Really tests your memory!

I love looking at a sim's family tree to see who they look like the most or what facial traits they got from who. (Like a great grandparent) I started my game with two pairs of sims in college; Stella Terrano and Mark Harris and a CAS couple. Later I added another CAS couple, the Travellers and Malcolm Landgraab. Its kind of crazy to see how much the families and neighborhood has grown from just few sims. :lovestruc

My tree is in my signature :D
Inventor
#125 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 10:54 PM Last edited by SuperSimoholic : 10th Feb 2016 at 11:51 PM.
Family Tree for the sim I'm focusing on, Veronica Brent. She's a toddler now but I've downloaded ACR and I want to see what's going to happen to the tree after some time!
Page 5 of 6