Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 23
Scholar
#26 Old 15th May 2010 at 3:02 PM
Hi Delphy,

I'm still getting the empty file warning message when using custard even though the files are present and working okay. I reloaded my game and thought Custard was working for me okay now so I reupload three lots. Two are still in the moderator queue under Sir Charming (team account). There was a problem with Lake Barrett lot and so I reuploaded using the newest verison of Custard but still had empty file warning problem. With the new version of Custard my sim3pack had a much smaller file size (??) if that is of any significance. This is such a great tool. I really wish it would work for me. Let me know if you need me to send you anything on the lot files for further analysis. Thanks.

suzetter
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th May 2010 at 3:29 PM
The error with missing files is not a problem with CUSTARD, it's a problem with the upload script that checks Sims3Packs. The new CUSTARD seems to be working fine - I just tested it on the Lake Barrett lot.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th May 2010 at 12:10 AM
Delphy I can't help you much because of my poor english language but I want to thank you for this tool. It found corrupted files from my downloads (from 2 sets from Vitasims and other). Also its perfect tool to check what sims3pack contain for example from exchange, if item have some cc stuff, naked stuff (that are main problems from exchange) etc thanks a lot! You made good work with dashboard and with custard
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#29 Old 30th May 2010 at 11:00 PM
Would it be possible have the Uncheck all Images button static to someplace else? Or maybe so that it moves when the app is resized so the button doesn't stay in the same place covering stuff? (see pic) Or even in the menu somewhere on top? Shiny buttons are awesome but I like to view the app a bit bigger than the default size. Being able to uncheck all images is nice, but did I miss being able to uncheck all except the lot? Would be nice for lots with tons of sneaky packages hitching a ride.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 2:17 AM
Default I wish...
I really wish I can understand this but I don't. I download then there's 3 files or whatever in my .Rar. Now what do I do?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#31 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:22 AM
Test Subject
#32 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 8:02 PM
Delphy,

I'm trying to help a friend clean up some of his files, that the doll got to, using this program..

He keeps getting error messages that look almost exactly like the ones in the first reply post here..

I've had him remove it, and sent him a copy, via yahoo, of the .rar I had saved on my pc, downloaded from here.. On my pc the program runs just fine.. I do notice, however, that after a save, I DO need to close down the program and reopen it or the descriptions tend to ghost over to other items.. (I'm at work right now so cannot check, but when I get home, I will verify I have the most recent version.. It was just last week or so when I downloaded it.. as did he.)

My questions are involving his error messages tho. I've verified that he has .Net framework 2.0, he's running Windows XP, SP2, and has properly unpacked the custard files into a folder all by themselves.

He has tried to do the fixes both inside the dl's folder, as well as outside it, in a backup folder on his desktop.

Do you have any ideas, suggestions, or work arounds?
Scholar
#33 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:29 AM
Hi,
I tried Custard on a new lot that has CC windows and furniture and the cc didn't show up on the custard list. I'm patched to date with Ambitions and my mods folder is now in the /my documents/EA... location. I'm wondering if Custard is not picking up the cc files or if the cc files are not being exported with the lot due to the new changes with how the game is recognizing and handling cc. Your thoughts?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 5:06 PM
suzetter: If it's not in the list that shows up in custard, then it isn't in the sims3pack, plain and simple. So in other words, the saved / exported sims3pack from the game doesn't contain the cc.

Scholar
#35 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 9:35 PM
Okay, thanks. This would mean that the game now identifies custom content and doesn't export it with the lot. Cool.
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:25 PM
Default Doll and sims 3 pack cleaner
Hi, I saw that thread on that doll and it lead to this remover but the file is in the DC backup folder and on another drive too that backed up to. I have one question, will removing those files that contain the 0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package be good enough or should I reinstall Windows or the Sims 3? My game has been crashing like mad here. Let me know and thanks! :D
Also. using this tool does not show that the file is open. There is nothing listed to see.
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:18 AM
I found a corrupted file and unchecked it and went to save and I got an error saying

'Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attemt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Acess to the path 'C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\A Berry Historical Library.Sims3Pack' is denied.'

And i click continue and nothing changes.

Also, what am i supposed to to with the 'MadScience.dll files that come with it?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 6:37 AM
littlebird: The MadScience files are required for the program to work. You aren't supposed to "do" anything with them - just have them in the same folder.

kathy: The doll wont be causing your game to crash. It'll be something else.

Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 2:07 PM Last edited by xdeadmanzbabiix : 19th Jun 2010 at 2:18 PM.
Delphy, ok so, this is my problem..

Quote: Originally posted by LOOKIE its jessy
I can't see anything. I'm not sure if it's the game it's self, my neighborhood, or maybe the code, but I can't select sims. When I move my curser over them it acts like it's gonna let me click on them, but when I try to it doesn't let me; no intereactions what-so-ever comes up. Before I switched all my codes over, it was only showing the teenagers and one of the adults in the side, now it's showing noone in the side and noone in the bottom. I can't even expand the sim panel to find out there needs or anything now. Before I switched the codes over it did let me do that. I don't know if this has been a problem for other people or not, but it's really weird that everthing would go hay-wire right after I installed ambitions.

At first, I uninstalled all the cc (the .package ones) and it didn't help. So I uninstalled Ambitions and reinstalled.. didn't help. But everytime I went to a different household, everything showed up, I just couldn't click them. Then I uninstalled all sims 3 games, still did not help. It was the same as before, I could see everything fine, I just could not interact with any sim! So I again took out all the cc (only the .package ones again) and it's been working fine. I can click other sims and everything, just as I should. And that's with the Sims3Pack files in it. I've got the doll that was pictured on the sims 3 official site. I never downloaded it, but I downloaded your cleaner to try and get rid of it. Thing is, I checked every Sims3Pack file and no 'doll' appeared it them.

Do you think that there's something eles, or can the 'doll virus' attach to .package files? And if so, is there a cleaner that I can use to see where it's at in them?

†<¤ℑ£§§¥¤>†
Forum Resident
#40 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 4:01 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the doll that caused my game to crash. As soon as I removed it all crashing and saving errors stopped. I made no other alterations to my game. I guess I could reinstall it and see if it starts crashing again, but no thanks.

EA took the whole doll debacle seriously enough to issue warnings and is rapidly culling assets. It's probably broader though, there's a lot of bad CC on the Exchange, not just the doll. That's why this tool is so helpful and should be used to check every Sims3Pack before it is installed.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#41 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmtmom
I'm pretty sure it was the doll that caused my game to crash. As soon as I removed it all crashing and saving errors stopped. I made no other alterations to my game. I guess I could reinstall it and see if it starts crashing again, but no thanks.
Well, it would still be nice if you would make sure of it. AFAIK nobody successfully re-enacted anything but the attaching to exported content so far. When I tested it it certainly didn't cause any crashes - or anything else out of the ordinary. There's a lot of FUD and poorly documented charges against this doll around. With the internets being what they are, falsehoods have a habit of spreading and overgrowing the truth.

I don't want to neglect your experience BTW. I just ask for wariness when making such claims.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#42 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:18 PM
Thanks Delphy! I had gotten a doll that needed to be deleted and though I manually did this, it kept showing up. Your program seems to have done the trick. I appreciate it and you rock.
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:20 PM
Also, my game quit crashing but I think that was due in part to having so many cheats running at the same time. :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#44 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:24 PM
Buzzler: Pescado already looked at the doll, and it basically doesn't do anything harmful, only attaching itself to sims3packs (not packages) when they are saved.

Can we, however, keep discussion to usage of this program, and not on CC issues? Thanks.

Test Subject
#45 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 3:08 PM
when i click the link to download your clean installer, i get a window that says 'save' or 'find'. when i click find, another window picks up with .rar and .zip installers. i'm not sure if its supposed to do that, and if so, could you please lend a hand? i just found out about the creepy doll today and what it can do to my game, and have actually just had a baby born with weird skin tone and then grow up into a toddler with womens boots for legs. any help would be much appreciated.
Test Subject
#46 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:29 PM
Default Doesn't work with Windows 7?!?!?
I downloaded the program and tried to open via WinZIP but as soon as i did it says that the program has stopped working. Has anyone else on windows 7 had this problem? How do you fix it?
Screenshots
Scholar
#47 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:38 PM
I want to thank you for creating this tool, it is something we really need in this community. Thank-you Delphi!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#48 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 6:27 PM
lmatt34 extract the program before use

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#49 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 6:29 PM
wileywriter - That's due to stuff you already have in your game. CUSTARD isn't going to help with that - and those problems are not due to the doll. See the Help section for info on removing problem custom content.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 2:49 AM
This is great Delphy you're wonderful Sorry gotta ass kiss, you don't happen to be a donkey do you? It would be less embarrassing for me then ... Ahaha *coughs*

Anyway I was wondering if you could make this able to batch open? Or make a program as such. You know for us CC whores *points at self* that have WAY too many sims3packs to go through one by one?

Just a suggestion! If it's already been suggested than uh just read the top ass kissing part :D
Page 2 of 23