Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 23
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:45 AM
Thanks for this tool
Just a suggestion, can you make it open multiple sims3pack files. It's very tiring looking through borked stuff in around 3200 files.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#77 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:57 AM
Myshia: Sorry, wont happen. It's designed for Creators to open up individual files, to make sure they can remove any unneeded custom content etc, prior to upload,

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:10 PM Last edited by Firestaar1 : 18th Jul 2010 at 4:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
Hey Delphy I'm not a creator however I've found this tool quite useful. I wanted to give you some feedback in case you're still needing any. I have no problems opening up the Sims 3 pack files, however seeing exactly what the other content is only happens when I run the file over S3RC. Most of the time when I do that, and uncheck all the added stuff I don't want to DL into my game then save the edited copy it works fine. However I've run across a couple houses that once I do this the launcher will not install the house. To me that's no big deal as I figured if I HAVE to DL the CC just to get the house that's one house I don't need.

Anyway as I said just a little feedback for your, and thank you so much for the wonderful tools you develop that helps our Sims 3 game experience be more enjoyable
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:49 PM
I have a very strange issue. I use a Mac (using Mono and X11), and I can open the tool just fine. Only it seems that after a few files, the tool is no longer checking for Sims3Pack files in new folders I designate. Instead, it seems to be 'stuck' on the last file I used. I have a kind of a 'history' in the 'file name' box when I click the arrow, and the program seems to be stuck on whatever is listed in there.
The only thing that helps is logging out, logging in again, restarting Mono and opening the program again...
Test Subject
#80 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:21 AM
Hi Delphy
When i check worlds with your tool it shows red like corupted file does. Why?
Sorry about my english
Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 6:18 AM
I may be a dweeb, but I've read this thread, and I just don't seem to understand how this program works. I can definitely benefit from this, since I am having major problems with my game, and CC from the Sims 3 official site, exchange, and store installing into my game...especially via the launcher... I am getting the "installation failed..please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again".....I have been uninstalling/reinstalling over and over again for several months now...I haven't even been able to play Ambitions yet! I want to get this game right first...could you please explain to me how to use this, and maybe if I could also use your other programs, or one or two, to help me fix my problem? I've tried loading a few files, and a few are shaded in pink, but I don't know what that means!!!! I don't even know if I have my .package files in the correct place or not..(I just moved them to the documents/electronicarts/sims3/mods/packages folder...I assume that is the new location for .package files? from what I read....I need your help....your awesomeness!!! lol! I read the wikis too, and have them on standby to help me as well.... I am running windows 7, and am pretty positive I have all of the patches/updates for each expansion pack and HEL stuff pack..(I have every EP so far) I would really love it if you could help me....I can't seem to find it anywhere else....
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#82 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:51 AM
bgrateful32: This tool is for creators to clean up Sims3Packs of custom content they don't want to include or upload anywhere.

If you need help with your game please go to the help section.

yampkin: No idea. Does it show on the world or one of the others?

Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:40 AM
Please Help! Now my launcher is crashing, and I can't start my game at all! I have no clue what to do at all...except cry....I am at my wits end with this game and the problems I am having....
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#84 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 5:37 PM
If you have game issues please go to the help section. The only help I'll give here is specific to this tool only.

Test Subject
#85 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 2:32 PM
Am I clicking the wrong link to download the program (modyourpanties one) or is it broken?
Test Subject
#86 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 6:02 PM
is this broken?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#87 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 9:10 PM
The modyourpanties domain is in the process of moving. Should be fixed in a day or two.

Test Subject
#88 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
The modyourpanties domain is in the process of moving. Should be fixed in a day or two.

Didn't know that, thank you so much.
Test Subject
#89 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 4:29 AM
please do let us know if its fixed already. Cant wait use this. Btw, am i doing the right thing.. downloaded the modyourpanties then extract to specified folder w/c is my desktop then open the icon?...just making sure. Thanks
Test Subject
#90 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 7:52 PM
Default I get an error!
Help! Whenever I try to click the Install button for the installer, I get this message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MadScience.Helpers, Version=1.1.3827.33743, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'MadScience.Helpers, Version=1.1.3827.33743, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at FrameworkInstaller.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FrameworkInstaller
Assembly Version: 1.0.3827.34180
Win32 Version: 1.0.3827.34180
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Main/AppData/Local/Temp/wz3d2f/FrameworkInstaller.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Why does this happen?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#91 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:28 PM
friendlies: Cuz you need to extract the full rar, not just double click on the exe inside it.

Inventor
#92 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 9:26 AM
Hi Delphy,

I have a question. I found this house in the exchange which I can't install. I looked at it with custard and about half of all the files in there say: CORRUPT(Not a DBPF). There is also one that says CORRUPT(Bad Index). What does this mean ? Are the files in there actually faulty or did something go wrong while the person uploaded that lot ?

It does have the doll in it which normally does not show up this way which makes me think that it is not actually those files but that something went wrong uploading that lot.
Test Subject
#93 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 12:17 AM
Default Program worked well but no corrupt content- game still crashing
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
wileywriter - That's due to stuff you already have in your game. CUSTARD isn't going to help with that - and those problems are not due to the doll. See the Help section for info on removing problem custom content.

I've used the program and everything runs great- after going through all my appropriate files it reported everything as safe. NO red files. To be honest I was in part checking for corrupt CC that may have been causing crashes that bring me right back to my desktop. I saw the quote above and wondered if possibly Custard wasn't recognizing the content as corrupt because it's all already applied in my game?

Thanks for the program and your time.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#94 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 9:47 AM
crinrict: It basically means that the Sims3Pack is totally borked. Try downloading it again, but if that doesn't work... well, then they uploaded it wrong.

Inventor
#95 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 11:56 AM
I've downloaded it three times. I think the upload is borked (someone else couldn't install it either).

I was just wondering if the files in the sims3packs are 'bad downloads' in general or if the sims3pack made them a bad download (so to speak).
Inventor
#96 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 7:26 PM
@Alexurt: I just use the MultiInstaller found somewhere on this site to get all the packages inside. Then you have all the Packages Files and you can just copy/paste the numbers from the file names.
Test Subject
#97 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 1:50 PM
Hi! I've read that this tool is mainly to delete custom content in a sims3pack file. I mainly use this tool to check for bad cc. If for example, I downloaded a sims3pack file and checked it with CUSTARD, and has extra items with it, not necessarily bad cc, if i uncheck the extra items and save it, will those extra items disappear? Or will it still install with the game?

It must be a dumb question, but I really need clarification :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#98 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 6:20 PM
The extra items will disappear.

Test Subject
#99 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:16 PM
yay thanks!

i really love this tool lol
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
SIMCITIZEN: I did take a look and I couldn't reproduce the issues here. I might have fixed it somewhere in the code in the meantime without knowing though...

Hi Delphy, I am still getting this problem and have since downloaded this program twice (even though you haven't said that there is a new version) on the off-chance that it might have changed.

Are you going to be uploading a version with the fixed code and if not do you have any suggestions on how I am to overcome this error.

As you have probably seen someone else (post #66) has also had this problem so it does not seem to be an isolated problem.

Thanks.
Page 4 of 23