Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Eco Kitchen Stuff - Custom Stuff Pack [UPDATED 01/06/21)

by littledica Posted 3rd Apr 2021 at 5:44 AM - Updated 1st Jun 2021 at 8:35 PM by littledica

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 2:11 AM
I love your mods!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 12:46 AM
Wow! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 6:35 PM
I'm really liking this kitchen set <3
I have a small request, though. Would it be possible to make the fridges and the oven to be used with custom recipese and the fridges to be used with littlemsam's transfer inventory mod ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 10:27 PM
Hey, thanks for an amazing pack! I used this fine until the most recent update - now my sims won't wash any dishes in the sink or put them in the dishwasher. Not sure what changed.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neo7
Hey, thanks for an amazing pack! I used this fine until the most recent update - now my sims won't wash any dishes in the sink or put them in the dishwasher. Not sure what changed.

This was happening to me too but it has nothing to do with this mod. You have some content in your mods folder that is out of date after that last update.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Test Subject
#56 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 3:35 AM Last edited by neo7 : 17th Oct 2020 at 4:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nintai
This was happening to me too but it has nothing to do with this mod. You have some content in your mods folder that is out of date after that last update.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. I've removed all the mods *except* for this one, and my sims *still* won't use the sink or the dishwasher - the "Load Dishwasher" interaction simply sends them to the nearest sink that's not in this pack (in my sims' case, the bathroom). Little frustrating to be honest.

EDIT: I started a new save with *only* this mod in it and no others and deleted the sink in the bathroom so any dishes wouldn't be washed in there. I had the new sim eat a meal and then tried to get them to wash it in the dishwasher - the "Load Dishwasher" interaction is greyed out and I only have the option to throw the dish away in the trash. They simply will not use the sink or the dishwasher as intended. This is very frustrating.
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 3:00 AM
I have an issue with the interactive screen that is supposed to be on the fridge. I have moveobjects on but it doesn't show up on the fridge for whatever reason.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 1:58 PM Last edited by Minakie : 29th Oct 2020 at 9:55 AM.
This is such an awesome set! I especially like the fridge overlays and the H&B EcoBin trash can. I also like the fact the stove has slots, so that we can put a deco pan or pot in it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 7:23 PM
You are a great creator! I love all your CC. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neo7
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. I've removed all the mods *except* for this one, and my sims *still* won't use the sink or the dishwasher - the "Load Dishwasher" interaction simply sends them to the nearest sink that's not in this pack (in my sims' case, the bathroom). Little frustrating to be honest.

EDIT: I started a new save with *only* this mod in it and no others and deleted the sink in the bathroom so any dishes wouldn't be washed in there. I had the new sim eat a meal and then tried to get them to wash it in the dishwasher - the "Load Dishwasher" interaction is greyed out and I only have the option to throw the dish away in the trash. They simply will not use the sink or the dishwasher as intended. This is very frustrating.

I don't know what would be causing that. Sims are loading the dishwasher normally for me. Did you try to delete your "localthumbcache.package" file? Did you try to create a new game, and try it in a household on that new save? Sometimes there can be persistent issues on a save file.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 8:29 PM
Thank you. I love this! You did an outstanding job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 4:59 AM
The display for the fridge doesn't work, even with moveobjects on
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skullduggery

Disable auto-counters
Test Subject
#64 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littledica
Disable auto-counters

That did it! TYVM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 10:40 PM
Really nice stuff pack! Also, I am having trouble with the timber shelves. The pictures show a single shelf that can be placed above the fridge and the EcoPurify but I can't find it. Is it on a separate file or is there something that need to be done with the double shelves that I'm not aware of? I started playing Sims 4 only recently
Test Subject
#66 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 3:29 AM
for some reason it wont work for me?
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 1:43 AM
Any idea why the fridges look like this in my game?

Screenshots
Test Subject
#68 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 6:55 PM
Try turning off laptop mode?

Quote: Originally posted by by_thyades

Test Subject
#69 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 6:56 PM
Try holding down ALT button when trying to place obviously with testingcheats and moveobjects turned ON.

Quote: Originally posted by Skullduggery
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 4th May 2021 at 9:15 AM
Amazing! Like your work.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 23rd May 2021 at 11:59 PM
Default Mod Issues
I love that everything here is upgraded. However, TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions Mod came up with several exceptions for the kitchen. I couldn't get a report (I can try again sometime if it helps) because my computer crashed. And the one I had saved to the desktop disappeared. (sigh - such is life). I hate that I have to remove your kitchen until you have a chance to update it. Thank you for your eco items. I need as many as I can get!
Forum Resident
#72 Old 24th May 2021 at 5:20 PM Last edited by Starry Might : 25th May 2021 at 6:31 PM. Reason: Further testing results so far.
Quote: Originally posted by celticlass64
I love that everything here is upgraded. However, TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions Mod came up with several exceptions for the kitchen. I couldn't get a report (I can try again sometime if it helps) because my computer crashed. And the one I had saved to the desktop disappeared. (sigh - such is life). I hate that I have to remove your kitchen until you have a chance to update it. Thank you for your eco items. I need as many as I can get!

Was it a Patch Day report about Necrodog recipes as mentioned before? I've also started seeing that a while back, actually:
Quote: Originally posted by Copypasta from BE's PatchScannerReport
necrodog:stove_StartCrafting-no-oven-recipes | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for enabled in Instance: 11429283984718769825 (necrodog:stove_StartCrafting-no-oven-recipes), Types.INTERACTION. Expected 'U', got 'E'
necrodog:stove_CookGourmet-no-oven-recipes | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for enabled in Instance: 10817660302435941596 (necrodog:stove_CookGourmet-no-oven-recipes), Types.INTERACTION. Expected 'U', got 'E'

I'm not sure if this is actually game-breaking or not, though, since I don't have any of his recipes.

EDIT: Oh crud, this is for the Eco Kitchen that I haven't gotten yet. I thought it was Modern Kitchen Stuff. Maybe I should test...?

EDIT #2: Okay, I didn't get any LE's with this so far, and the BE Patch Scanner said nothing about it. (More testing is needed, though.)

Something's definitely off about the dishwasher, though, since it goes unused. (It didn't break my other dishwashers nor any sinks in my current test save, though. I should mention I use Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop [LeRoiDeTout's current version], in case that makes a difference.) (I also didn't test the smart screen, because I'm unsure if it's safe or not.)

Otherwise, very nice set as always, @littledica!

EDIT #3: I think I figured out the dishwasher problem. It's caused by having an upper cabinet that is too low, which also blocks EA and other CC dishwashers, as well as sinks. (When I changed the upper cabinet in this pack to the one picture in the shot I added, the dishwasher works just fine.) I'll do more testing.
Screenshots

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 6:29 PM Last edited by celticlass64 : 5th Jun 2021 at 10:30 PM.
Thank you for the update. Are you on Patreon? Or Ko-Fi?

Also, since this set is compatible with the ecoliving pack, I was wondering if the walls and floors have a green ... not sure what it's called but basically have a +2 Green for example?
Test Subject
#74 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by by_thyades

I actually have the same issue on my Mac with the appliances from this pack, I don't play on laptop mode and I've played around with reflections, object detail, etc. in my graphics settings.

When zooming in and out, or when panning the camera around, I've noticed that these stripes make up some sort of room. Panning the camera around makes you see the different "walls" of that "room". Zooming in and out actually makes the stripes on the objects larger when zooming out and smaller when zooming in as if it were attached to the camera.

Does anyone know if it's a Mac incompatibility or if it's coming from the object texture/reflection "behaviour" perhaps?
I really don't know enough about modding/meshing/texturing/etc. yet to give you the right nouns or a theory of what could cause this yet unfortunately.
Test Subject
#75 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 8:41 PM
Default Here my solution how to remove these reflections...
Quote: Originally posted by Gee98
I actually have the same issue on my Mac with the appliances from this pack, I don't play on laptop mode and I've played around with reflections, object detail, etc. in my graphics settings.

When zooming in and out, or when panning the camera around, I've noticed that these stripes make up some sort of room. Panning the camera around makes you see the different "walls" of that "room". Zooming in and out actually makes the stripes on the objects larger when zooming out and smaller when zooming in as if it were attached to the camera.

Does anyone know if it's a Mac incompatibility or if it's coming from the object texture/reflection "behaviour" perhaps?
I really don't know enough about modding/meshing/texturing/etc. yet to give you the right nouns or a theory of what could cause this yet unfortunately.

I had the same issue and I found out how to solve the problem to get rid off these reflections, you need the Program S4S ( Sims4Studio) and you make some easy Texture editing...

1. Step install the S4S and open the program:
2. Go to File an Open the package file with the reflections Problem. (for example Littledica.H&B.ecoPortal.package)
3. Now you click on Texture and you will see 4 Tiny PNGs.... You see 2 PNGs That is Black and White and a other that a is green and White...You replace this with a Black PNG (2048x2048). You click on the PNG that you want replace with the pure Black Square and then click on import. Now search fore the Black Square and finally click on Save..

https://imgur.com/a/sU60g54

https://imgur.com/a/huPimyi
Page 3 of 4