Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#11101 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 1:29 PM Last edited by lexylu : 27th Jul 2021 at 1:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
Why wouldn't you want them to die?

Personally, I just don't wanna work on a relationship with an animal for it to just die and you need to start over again...
I really like the gameplay so far but having a big farm is really a lot of work. Makes it easier when chickens and bunnies already like me and is stays this way.

Bunnies do help with the weeding, but if they die you need to find a new one and befriend it to ask for help again.

But it defo depends on the type of gameplay. Right now I am playing more for fun to get to know the pack so I don't want a huge challenge.
I know that I will play with all the lot challenges and animal aging at some point. It just depends on what you are in a mood for and having an option to choose is great I think.

I think there could never be "too much" gameplay options. I actually wish more packs had certain things you can opt out of if you wish.
Loved the adjustable lifespans in Sims 3.

Also, let's not forget that children do play this game. Some parents might not want bunnies to keep dying.

On another note, I am surprised how this pack is actually intergrated with Knifty Knitting.
You can use the llama wool for knitting and knit anmial clothes that come with Cottage Living. With basegame you can only purchase them from the Creature Keeper I think.
I feel this is a good example of a proper integration, which never happens...

With that said, a lot a things are broken as usual or not integrated at all. You can't sell Honey at the produce shop for example.
This is pack is gardening heavy, I can't believe they didn't comb through everything from Seasons to see what can work together. Beekeeping is such an obvious addition to a farm.

EDIT: Just got an idea for my next test. I wonder if having a "butcher" sim would be profitable. Keep trading animals for meat and selling the meat.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#11102 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
Also, let's not forget that children do play this game. Some parents might not want bunnies to keep dying.

Don't worry, EA's got that one taken care of.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#11103 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
Personally, I just don't wanna work on a relationship with an animal for it to just die and you need to start over again...

Yeah that's why I had been playing with the animal aging turned off. But then I noticed that it mean the chicks weren't growing up. So I turned it back on and forgot about it...that was a mistake lol

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#11104 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Yeah that's why I had been playing with the animal aging turned off. But then I noticed that it mean the chicks weren't growing up. So I turned it back on and forgot about it...that was a mistake lol

That's a weird one- you'd think that they'd at least allow the chicks to age up to adults before stopping them there.
Instructor
#11105 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 3:47 PM
Deligracy challenged Simmers to tell her something new that she didn't know and I didn't know a quarter of the things they came up with.

https://twitter.com/Deligracy/statu...230647314993155
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#11106 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 9:45 PM
Sims 4 patch update that came out 7-27-21:

Update 7/27/2021

PC: 1.77.146.1030 / Mac: 1.77.131.1230

Console: Version 1.45

Hello Simmers!

This update resolves issues from our last game update. Thanks again for your patience and feedback. We appreciate it.

-SimGuruRusskii

Bug Fixes

Before telling you about the bug fixes we made in this update, I wanted to mention that in the last patch notes there was a slight mistake when referring to the improvements for Gallery and downloading a lot made with the bb.moveobjects cheat. For players, it actually means that you don't need to manually activate the cheat prior to placing a lot from the Gallery for the objects to be exactly where the creator put them. Sorry for the confusion!

Oh! And if you are worried about Trophies and/or Achievements, this improvement doesn’t hinder either.
Consoles

For Simmers on PlayStation, Cottage Living now appears among the Expansion Packs in the “Packs” section of the Main Menu. We also reinstated Cats & Dogs there as it had wandered off as well.
For Simmers on Xbox, Cottage Living now shows its price on its information page from the Main Menu. Cats & Dogs and My First Pet Stuff have also returned and now take you to the bundle page on the Microsoft Store instead of a page saying it was Unavailable.

The Sims 4

Actors, Decorators, and Freelancers all… Sims in Gig-based careers once again can accept Gigs from the Career panel to earn those precious Simoleons. Make it werrrrk!
Zoomers Food Delivery has trained their delivery Zoomers (or is it Zoomies? Think about it!) to ACTUALLY deliver the food Sims have ordered. We apologize for all those missed meals.

Cats & Dogs

Pets in pre-existing households now are back with their households. Their absence just was not right - Pets are as much part of the Household as the Ghosts… just sayin’.

Island Living

New Mermaids no longer lose their tails and Hydration bar when swimming. For Mermaids made between the previous update and this one, you can restore their “Mermaidness” by eating Mermadic Kelp to become human and eating it again to become a Mermaid. You can also use the cheat "traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE" as a workaround as well.
Lab Assistant
#11107 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
Deligracy challenged Simmers to tell her something new that she didn't know and I didn't know a quarter of the things they came up with.

https://twitter.com/Deligracy/statu...230647314993155

I love how one player mentioned that the Sims 4 is the most stable game in the franchise. What about the simulation lag? What about the devs making entire "laundry lists"?
Scholar
#11108 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
I love how one player mentioned that the Sims 4 is the most stable game in the franchise. What about the simulation lag? What about the devs making entire "laundry lists"?

They stated with the last patch they did have a brief look at simulation lag and they said they "fixed" and "improved" performance with some activities like fishing, computer, but i've seen so far, they have only made it even worse.
Mad Poster
#11109 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir

To be fair, TS1 is the stablest of the most all but that game is rarely acknowledge by everyone as if it doesn't exist.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#11110 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 2:40 AM
Yep. Sims 1 is the only Sims game that never crashed on me, not even once.
Scholar
#11111 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG

I always had so little RAM and and old computer, and TS1 crashed on me constantly, but when I got a new computer and the TS2 it wasn't so bad, but I still had too little RAM and a crap Video Card, and crashes were still common, TS3 I had very few crashes which was good, but i had many Save Game errors which was just as bad as a crash since I couldn't save the game anyway.

So all it all depends on your hardware at the time really.
Lab Assistant
#11112 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 7:58 PM
I was so happy to see that they did an "emergency fix" patch for once...and then deflated like like a dying balloon when I realized that they hadn't fixed the "teleportation" glitch. Sigh.
Instructor
#11113 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG

Yes, and if I remember those days correctly Maxis produced an app to check up on errors too. They were so wanting to help us play the game in those days. Sigh.
Mad Poster
#11114 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
So all it all depends on your hardware at the time really.

Well ofc games gonna crash if you're running an application that isn't suitable for your machine. I don't expect GTA 5 to run full speed on my grandma's windows 98 (figuratively speaking) toaster without crashes when my ram is a numerical with a minus. Games will crash (one of the reasons why) if it doesn't meet the specified requirements of the machine it's running on.

Top Secret Researcher
#11115 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
To be fair, TS1 is the stablest of the most all but that game is rarely acknowledge by everyone as if it doesn't exist.

That's because many of the newer players arent born yet, or old enough to experience the game at the time the game came out.

It's like people who crowned FF7 as the best FF of all time, but they never even played the masterpiece, which was FF6.
Mad Poster
#11116 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 1:56 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 31st Jul 2021 at 2:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by emino
That's because many of the newer players arent born yet, or old enough to experience the game at the time the game came out.

It's like people who crowned FF7 as the best FF of all time, but they never even played the masterpiece, which was FF6.

Except there also been players, who did play The Game still tend to forget about it, just because how outdated and limited that game is to todays standards. Even in which is the best game fights, ppl just compare 3D Universe Games while leaving TS1 unmentioned. TS1 is hardly played and committed to when players much prefer to play out storylines in a 3D-Environmemt World and week days exist along with complete life stage set and aging feature. Like how many of you would devote the same time playing and talking about TS1 today when you got optiona like TS2, TS3 or TS4? I'd say even less, because how it's excrutating difficult to take care of the Sim's and have them progress, all while not getting bored of the isometric view and limited four angle oprions. That is not to shit on TS1, no - is that I doubt ppl religiously and invest the same amount of long time to play it than with 3D prodecessors.

Your analogy with FF7 and FF8 could be applied more to TS3 or TS2 with TS4.

I personally just not long ago tried my hands on the original The Sims game for the first time, but even prior getting inti it I aknowledge that it exist when I first time waa introduce to series (started with TS2 as a child, and because I coild read that the game had a initial number in its title, it was common sense to me it had a prequal). And I wouldn't had dare to state that a particular game I tried is the most stable one when I haven't tried them all four of thrm, lol.

Now, back to the thread's subject at hand....

Clint's/LGR's review about the expansion pack. Pretend I pasted the video right, cuz I'm on mobile.

Top Secret Researcher
#11117 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 7:50 AM
Except there also been players, who did play The Game still tend to forget about it, just because how outdated and limited that game is to todays standards. Even in which is the best game fights, ppl just compare 3D Universe Games while leaving TS1 unmentioned. TS1 is hardly played and committed to when players much prefer to play out storylines in a 3D-Environmemt World and week days exist along with complete life stage set and aging feature. Like how many of you would devote the same time playing and talking about TS1 today when you got optiona like TS2, TS3 or TS4? I'd say even less, because how it's excrutating difficult to take care of the Sim's and have them progress, all while not getting bored of the isometric view and limited four angle oprions. That is not to shit on TS1, no - is that I doubt ppl religiously and invest the same amount of long time to play it than with 3D prodecessors.

Your analogy with FF7 and FF8 could be applied more to TS3 or TS2 with TS4.

I personally just not long ago tried my hands on the original The Sims game for the first time, but even prior getting inti it I aknowledge that it exist when I first time waa introduce to series (started with TS2 as a child, and because I coild read that the game had a initial number in its title, it was common sense to me it had a prequal). And I wouldn't had dare to state that a particular game I tried is the most stable one when I haven't tried them all four of thrm, lol.

Now, back to the thread's subject at hand....

Clint's/LGR's review about the expansion pack. Pretend I pasted the video right, cuz I'm on mobile.

Hence that's why I took a safer route in my reply by saying many of the newer players, not all of the players.

Also surprised to see LGR still reviews TS4 (and fixed that youtube embed scenario).
Mad Poster
#11118 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Also surprised to see LGR still reviews TS4 (and fixed that youtube embed scenario).

Probz cuz Clint sees expansions have something to be reviewed about. He did say he won't review lackluster packs, which I guess means no stuff packs about Sims eating their burgers or game pack about Sim working as a garbage man.

Instructor
#11119 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 7:04 PM
One blank space is used for Seasons' skating rink, just down the road from the pub. You can visit it from there in Winter. Maybe they have some like ideas for other vacant spaces.
Forum Resident
#11120 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:05 PM
Probz cuz Clint sees expansions have something to be reviewed about. He did say he won't review lackluster packs, which I guess means no stuff packs about Sims eating their burgers or game pack about Sim working as a garbage man.

Clint's stated from here on out he won't review anything further for TS4 except expansion packs. He's beyond done with pushing himself to try to review new packs that he doesn't even look forward to anymore and says he's only doing expansions since there's only one or two a year at the most, and he says he feels like that's all he can stomach at this point.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#11121 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 10:38 PM
I found the review a bit of a waste of time. About time he gave them up altogether as he doesn't play the game anymore.
Mad Poster
#11122 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I found the review a bit of a waste of time. About time he gave them up altogether as he doesn't play the game anymore.

How come?

Forum Resident
#11123 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 11:31 PM

In context, the Sims 1 doesn't count. Sims don't age, there are no genoalogical trees, and children only grow through a spell. They have all really been unstable and have ended up abandoned. Luckily we have the community to fix that. Although the Sims 3 and 4 take the cake for different reasons that sometimes make them unplayable. I have a nasa computer and the sims 3 CAS is still terribly slow, as is the general game with any midsize neighborhood. The Sims 4 is just broken and doesn't make sense from the start.
Mad Poster
#11124 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
In context, the Sims 1 doesn't count. Sims don't age, there are no genoalogical trees, and children only grow through a spell. They have all really been unstable and have ended up abandoned. Luckily we have the community to fix that. Although the Sims 3 and 4 take the cake for different reasons that sometimes make them unplayable. I have a nasa computer and the sims 3 CAS is still terribly slow, as is the general game with any midsize neighborhood. The Sims 4 is just broken and doesn't make sense from the start.

But those are gameplay limitations, not technical issues. Hence why I mean with TS1 being stable, because it literally is. It has no neighborhood corruption, open world lag, or simulation lag. I wouldn't define Sim not aging as making the game 'unstable', becaause that meaning doesn't even fit to describe it.

Forum Resident
#11125 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 12:17 AM
But those are gameplay limitations, not technical issues. Hence why I mean with TS1 being stable, because it literally is. It has no neighborhood corruption, open world lag, or simulation lag. I wouldn't define Sim not aging as making the game 'unstable', becaause that meaning doesn't even fit to describe it.

I mean even though the sims 1 had great objects and the most basic relationships, it didn't become a solid simulation until the sims 2. So when it comes to thinking about it's unstable, we don't count it. It is not even in the same format as the rest of the games. Those kinds of games in "2d" like Sims 1, Pharaon, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 were different.
Locked thread
Page 445 of 447