Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 2:06 PM
Default Offseting and sizing custom object to align it with tile corner
Hello !!!

I'm working on a building set that comprises a squared column and some arches. I want it to be exactly a quarter tile in size and be placed in the tile in such a way that the corner of the column matches the corner of the tile, this way i can rotate and combine it with the different arches. My problem is that I don't know how the coords in blender match with the in-game tiles, so I can't either place the column nor adjust the dimensions to be exactly a quarter tile size. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks beforehand !!!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 7:00 PM
I think Blender is like Milkshape. The x,y,z axis is the center of a tile in game, with the x,y,z axis intersection also being the floor or ground in ts2. In Milkshape, each square of the grid is equal to one tile in game. So to make it .25 overall, I'd move one side of the x,z axis towards the center point by .75. In Milkshape I can also create boxes at specific sizes. So x .25, z .25 and y 3.0. This would give me a 1/4 tile column full height, floor to floor (maxis ones are not a full 3.0). Maybe try creating in Blender like that and see how it relates to in game? Or look in settings for grid settings?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2022 at 6:47 PM
Thank you so much HugeLunatic, you were right !! 1m in Blender equals the size of 1 tile side, so my column has to be 0.5mx0.5mx3m (xzy in blender dimensions) and must have a corner placed at coords 0,0,0 to fit a quarter tile. I'm a noob at creating cc and wasn't sure about this, but it will help me a lot in my next creations ^^ Thanks a lot again !!