Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2022 at 3:30 PM
Default Cloned water only plant object, how to enable terrain placement instead?
Hi all,

Sorry if the title is confusing. This is my first ever object creation so I am not 100% sure what I am doing. I wanted to make a deco only version of FracturedMoonlight's growing flora. Here is the link if this is important:

https://fracturedmoonlight.tumblr.c...u-all-can-thank

I followed the object creation tutorial and found it pretty straightforward. The only problem is that I cloned a water only plant object. I thought I was being smart by picking the Algae object because I wanted to make sure this would need watering, trimming or weeding and I didn't think the Algae plant did. I have cloned it and there are no other problems than when I try and place the cloned clover plant, it says that I have to place it on land. Does anyone know of a way to edit the package so that it can be placed on terrain?

I tried editing the BHAV in Function Init so that instead of allow on water surface, it said allow on terrain but that has not changed anything.

I also tried editing the globals so that instead of WaterPlantGlobals, it was PlantGlobals but this made it so it says it needed to be placed inside, and when trying to place the object inside, it then said it needed to be placed on a beach so I am thinking that's definitely wrong.

Please let me know if you need any further information, I will do my best! Sorry if this is vague.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th May 2022 at 4:56 PM
If you want the plant to need trimming, it might be best to start over and clone one of the flower tiles because I don't think those water plants require any tending. If changing the allow on water to terrain didn't work, it might be easier to clone a different plant. Or even a deco sculpture. Could try using flower globals, that is what outdoor flowers use.