Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 7:42 PM Last edited by Deastrumquodvicis : 27th Feb 2022 at 12:45 AM.
Default UV mapping not carrying over correctly
Well, I can't say I've ever had this happen before. I was making a chair and the UV mapping is correct in SimPE, but not in-game, and I can't figure out why. It's pulling from the right texture, all the SHPE and TXTR files are right, and even the preview in SimPE is right. Yet, when I go into game...

What?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  logdiningchair_MESH.zip (694.7 KB, 5 downloads)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 8:37 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Feb 2022 at 9:16 PM.
The file is a bit confusing, but it looks like the GMND has both the "clrs" and "chairdiningquaint_seat" in the "tsDesignModeEnabled" (remove the latter).

I don't get anything wrong with the UVmapping in the 3D program, so I'm guessing the issue is with one of the above - either the MMAT or GMND, or a mix of both.

EDIT: Is there just one mesh group? Just wondering, because there's two MMATs for some reason (misread the file a bit earlier), and if you just need one, you can remove the one for the "seat".

Try changing the texture to DXT3 or DXT5. The ExtRaw24bit format could possibly be causing some issues.

You can also try to see if it helps to change these two from "clamp" to "tile" in the TXMT
stdMatBaseTextureAddressingU
stdMatBaseTextureAddressingV
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The file is a bit confusing, but it looks like the GMND has both the "clrs" and "chairdiningquaint_seat" in the "tsDesignModeEnabled" (remove the latter).

I don't get anything wrong with the UVmapping in the 3D program, so I'm guessing the issue is with one of the above - either the MMAT or GMND, or a mix of both.

EDIT: Is there just one mesh group? Just wondering, because there's two MMATs for some reason (misread the file a bit earlier), and if you just need one, you can remove the one for the "seat".

Try changing the texture to DXT3 or DXT5. The ExtRaw24bit format could possibly be causing some issues.

You can also try to see if it helps to change these two from "clamp" to "tile" in the TXMT
stdMatBaseTextureAddressingU
stdMatBaseTextureAddressingV

There's just one mesh group, I cloned it from something with two, I just forgot to mess with the MMATs. I've always used ExtRaw24 unless transparencies are involved (bigger file sizes but looks much nicer), and I've never had an issue before.

Looks like clamp vs tile was the trick. Thanks!

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4