Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Fishing Spawners *UPDATED*

by Snaitf Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 1:09 AM - Updated 26th Jul 2009 at 7:16 PM by Snaitf

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:07 AM
Thanks for this mod I have been looking for a way to create active fishing spots.
Here is a list of wich fish go with wich spawner. Is there a way you can update the ingame descriptions with this info or PM me with instructions on how to do this.

Lake Common 1:
Minnow
Goldfish
Rainbow Trout
Red Herring
Siamese Catfish
Black Goldfish

Lake Common 2:
Minnow
Goldfish
Red Herring
Salmon
Angelfish
Lobster

Lake Uncommon 1:
Goldfish
Rainbow Trout
Red Herring
Piranha
Shark
Lobster

Lake Uncommon 2:
Alley Catfish
Rainbow Trout
Red Herring
Salmon
Angelfish

Lake Rare:
Red Herring
Piranha
Black Goldfish
Shark
Angelfish
Vampire Fish
Lobster

Ocean Common 1:
Anchovy
Jellyfish
Red Herring
Blowfish
Salmon
Swordfish

Ocean Common 2:
Anchovy
Jellyfish
Red Herring
Tuna
Tragic Clownfish
Shark
Lobster

Ocean Uncommon 1:
Alley Catfish
Red Herring
Tuna
Tragic Clownfish
Siamese Catfish
Shark
Lobster

Ocean Uncommon 2:
Jellyfish
Red Herring
Blowfish
Angelfish
Swordfish

Ocean Rare:
Red Herring
Tragic Clownfish
Blowfish
Shark
Angelfish
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#52 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freeze3006
Unfortunately they're not available to me at all - nothing appears in Rocks category of build mode ('cept the default rocks, obviously!).

I can't imagine what the problem is, the file is definitely in the right place. Game is patched to the most recent version etc. D:

Did you create a resource.cfg file so that the game will recogize custom content? (If you use the installer monkey, it does it for you, if not, you have to do it yourself.)
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quackhead
found under "Rocks" eh?!!

Red snappers snappin'
Clam shells clappin'
Mussels flexin'
Flippers flippin'

Let's Rock!

it's cheesy but i like your comment Let's Rock!

Every one should read this please read and repost it.http://www.womensweb.ca/violence/rape/index.php
Test Subject
#54 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861
@ Freeze3006 - Try deleting the 4 cache files located in DOCUMENTS/ELECTRONIC ARTS/THE SIMS 3, and if you have a World Caches folder in that same location, delete the files in that folder too. You will only have a World Caches folder if you have any saved games in the 2nd neighborhood called Riverview.

After deleting the cache files start up your game & try to find the mod again. I hope this helps.

Thank you SO MUCH! Hahaaa it finally worked!

Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
Did you create a resource.cfg file so that the game will recogize custom content? (If you use the installer monkey, it does it for you, if not, you have to do it yourself.)

Yeah, I use the installer monkey. It turns out the problem was the cache files like Mimi52861 said. Thank you though, and I'm sorry to have hastled you! Thanks again for creating these spawners.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lsmithiii
Thanks for this mod I have been looking for a way to create active fishing spots.
Here is a list of wich fish go with wich spawner. Is there a way you can update the ingame descriptions with this info or PM me with instructions on how to do this.

Lake Common 1:
Minnow
Goldfish
Rainbow Trout
Red Herring
Siamese Catfish
Black Goldfish

Lake Common 2:
Minnow
Goldfish
Red Herring
Salmon
Angelfish
Lobster

Lake Uncommon 1:
Goldfish
Rainbow Trout
Red Herring
Piranha
Shark
Lobster

Lake Uncommon 2:
Alley Catfish
Rainbow Trout
Red Herring
Salmon
Angelfish

Lake Rare:
Red Herring
Piranha
Black Goldfish
Shark
Angelfish
Vampire Fish
Lobster

Ocean Common 1:
Anchovy
Jellyfish
Red Herring
Blowfish
Salmon
Swordfish

Ocean Common 2:
Anchovy
Jellyfish
Red Herring
Tuna
Tragic Clownfish
Shark
Lobster

Ocean Uncommon 1:
Alley Catfish
Red Herring
Tuna
Tragic Clownfish
Siamese Catfish
Shark
Lobster

Ocean Uncommon 2:
Jellyfish
Red Herring
Blowfish
Angelfish
Swordfish

Ocean Rare:
Red Herring
Tragic Clownfish
Blowfish
Shark
Angelfish

Thanks

Every one should read this please read and repost it.http://www.womensweb.ca/violence/rape/index.php
Test Subject
#56 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 11:40 PM
Are you able to remove these simply by dragging the hammer tool across the area you placed them?
Scholar
#57 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM
One question: When I export/publish lots with you spawners, will it work for other people, that don't have them?
Original Poster
#58 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 9:56 PM
Falkoner - No idea, haven't tried, worth a shot, tho.

jonha - They'll have to install these before installing your lot or they simply just won't be there, but the rest of the lot should work.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 9:01 AM
First of all - thanks a lot for these spawners, they make life so much easier for fishing-obsessed sims!

I noticed, though, that the robot fish and death fish seem to be absent from the list of spawnable fish posted in post #53, and I was wondering whether they were just overlooked or whether it was not possible for some reason to have spawners for them too?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 11:01 PM
Thanks for this, and I must say your are aptly named;p
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 12:08 AM
Muwhahahha now I can have my shark filled moat!! muwahhahah
Test Subject
#62 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 6:32 AM
my fish dont show in rocks section why?in fact no spawners do show.i have them all.i use WinRAR & double click file as i use the monkey by daff i think its her.
Original Poster
#63 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:46 PM
cloudlessnights - The robot and death fish spawners are named just that. It's very easy to tell in-game which is which.

gosims - Try deleting all your cache files, that has helped others get these to show up.
Test Subject
#64 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arikur
rock lobstah!

We went to the beach
Everybody had matching towels
Somebody went under a dock
And there they found a rock
But it wasn't a rock
It was a rock lobster
XD

<3
Scholar
#65 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 4:12 AM
LOL now if someone can make this for the pool. But I'm just happy to be able to fish at home and see fishies. I like fishies.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 3:25 PM
I have a family who loves the out doors and fishing, and i knew my home pond was lacking and this is just the ticket. Thank You so much for sharing ;-)

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:33 PM
Very useful. Thanks.
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 1:45 AM
Thank you so much! It was bugging me that ponds at home were pointless.
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 8:27 PM
i got a problem with this, yeah, it's really usefull but i cant see the pictures my sims painted anymore ^^
Original Poster
#70 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 10:02 AM
blind09: Umm, these should have absolutely no effect on paintings at all (or any other custom content, for that matter).
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 2:08 AM
Thank you so much for your sharing. Thanks!
Test Subject
#72 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 8:53 PM
Indy Stone checker found 12 incompatabilities with the fish spawner alone. I can still see them in the game, however, so I'm still using it. Thanks for the mod.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 8:37 AM
Thanks very much for this mod - yes everyone can fish in ponds they have on their lots but you will find that as they do not have the "jumping" fish on them that they say that there is not that many fish here - ok.

Now you are a fantastic modder and I have created some complexes that have more than one house on, but the one family keeps on going into the neighbours house and uses their stuff - please can you create a door that can lock and have keys for only selected members, family, friends etc. They had a lovely mod in sims 2 that did it. Can you create one for sims 3? Please - Please
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 7:33 PM
I want to know if the hack works with patch 1.2.7?!
Thanks!
Test Subject
#75 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 11:27 AM
yes this mod is working with WA and latest patch 2.2.8.002001
Page 3 of 4