Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Excavation Site Hotfix

by Buzzler Posted 14th Jul 2010 at 11:42 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 11:00 AM by Buzzler

185 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 149 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Instructor
#76 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 5:20 AM
Ok, I d/led this and extracted it into the My Docs/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/Packages and then ran the game and now one of my sims has disappeared totally. He's completely gone from the family. I only have patches upto 4.0.87 and don't have any ep's after Ambitions.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#77 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:26 PM
@Sonshine: This mod doesn't cause missing sim or UI issues. That being said you should only ever use mods that are for your game version.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#78 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 5:38 PM
Okay I'm quite new to Sims mods

I keep seeing "Just put it in your mods folder"...yyyeah well I have no such folder, do I have to make one on my own, or am I looking in the wrong places?
Original Poster
#79 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ninjaduck
I keep seeing "Just put it in your mods folder"...yyyeah well I have no such folder, do I have to make one on my own, or am I looking in the wrong places?
Yes, you have to make your own and put a special file into it. Check the Package Tutorial to learn how.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 4:57 AM
I remeber downloading this mod months ago, so when I was doing a clean install for Late Night, I didn't include this mod thinking, "It's been a long time since I downloaded the mod, and EA's released a few patches since then, I'm sure they fixed the problem by now." Silly me. Thanks so much for making this mod and keeping it up to date. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 12:47 AM
I've been using this for a while, and horrible person that I am, I never said thank you. This has made WA worth playing again. Thank you for your effort and for sharing this with us. Much obliged.
Test Subject
#82 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 12:14 AM
I still can't get this mod to work, and It's the only one I have so it can't be conflicting. *sob*
Test Subject
#83 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 1:32 AM
Nvmd, finally got it to work. YAY :D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#84 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 2:55 PM
I'm sorry to say but my excavation sites are still speaking English.
Original Poster
#85 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
I'm sorry to say but my excavation sites are still speaking English.
I'll be damned. That string is going to cause my downfall at some time. Try now.

Lab Assistant
#86 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
That's a glitch that's been around since I don't know when. From time to time it can happen that you dig out a new category of relic and yet it does not spawn in your inventory. It is usually recorded in your adventure diary but the object itself is missing. The only way I have found to avoid this is to have one sample of each relic category already in your inventory before you start digging because as soon as there is an instance of them present, newly dug up items will be added to the stack without any problem. It is quite annoying because it means that either you have to buy them in the shop or find them in a chest or on a pedestal before you can even think about excavating in the wilds. I've reported this on several occasions on other sites but this glitch seems too rare for others to confirm that it is indeed an issue.

Ah, that explains it. I was just coming back to say HAHAHAHA IT WORKS YAY but to report this weird glitch I had where my sim found the last item she needed to complete a collection, but it never showed up in her inventory and she was instantly transported back to base camp (she did get the aspiration points for finding a relic of blah value, though. Weird). I didn't think it had anything to do with this mod, so I'm glad I read through the comments to yours. Thank you for clearing that up and for providing the solution. I guess there's a reason for carrying around ridiculously stupid amounts of junk after all.

By the way, Buzzler, HAHAHA IT WORKS! Thank you so much for fixing that bug. It was incredibly frustrating.

Miao.
Top Secret Researcher
#87 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Might be that Egypt is borked in your save; I couldn't tell either way. At what point did it crash BTW?

Sorry, I missed your post
Egypt wasn't borked since removing the dig hotfix worked and no weird bugs afterward. I sent my sim to Egypt and it crashed at the end of the Egypt loading screen, right before switching from the load screen to showing your sim arriving in the camp. Maybe it was voodoo but anyway I didn't try to load egypt with the fix again since the loading is so damn long, I'll try again with another explorer sim, this one have finished most of his collection.
Test Subject
#88 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 10:51 AM
Went to France yesterday for my teen sims school article and came across a dig-site, mostly by accident since i wasn't looking for one, and i was positively surprised to see that it is finally localized. Great job.
Original Poster
#89 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Egypt wasn't borked since removing the dig hotfix worked and no weird bugs afterward.{...}
That doesn't necessarily mean that the mod caused the issue. It may have been a freak occurance, and that's actually most plausible IMHO. The mod is pretty simple and most of its code is similar to the stuff most pure scripting mods do just the same.

Quote: Originally posted by Sarlyssia
Went to France yesterday for my teen sims school article and came across a dig-site, mostly by accident since i wasn't looking for one, and i was positively surprised to see that it is finally localized. :P
Finally!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 9:40 AM
Thank you for this fix. This bug still exists almost a year after it was noticed and EA hasn't managed to fix it themselves, lol.
Test Subject
#91 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 8:12 AM
Hi! I installed this mod, but doesn't seems work. I put it into Documents\Electronic Arts\Mods\Packages\digsitefixer\ folder. Is this can be a problem? I would like keep downloaded mods in a structure, and the mood bug fixer is works from its own directory, but this mod seems not.

I just installed mood bug fixer, and my game is have a latest patch (1.19) with Ambitions and Late Night. No SP installed.
Original Poster
#92 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hron84
Hi! I installed this mod, but doesn't seems work. I put it into Documents\Electronic Arts\Mods\Packages\digsitefixer\ folder. Is this can be a problem? I would like keep downloaded mods in a structure, and the mood bug fixer is works from its own directory, but this mod seems not.
Did I get that right? The mood fix works, but this mod doesn't? Can you tell me a little about how it's not working? Does it come up in "Mod Scripts Detected" screen? Are you trying it in a Vacation World and not perhaps with cheated digsite spawners in the home world?

Quote:
I just installed mood bug fixer, and my game is have a latest patch (1.19) with Ambitions and Late Night. No SP installed.
I sure hope you have World Adventures as well.

Test Subject
#93 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 10:35 PM Last edited by mrlucky35 : 23rd Feb 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Don't work for me, Nor did your box of Seeds??????? No matter what I do!!!!!!! Been installing mods since the First Sims came out, So, i think I know what I,m doing when it comes to Installing Mods!
I Put them both in C/Programs blah----Mods.Pakages, And None worked?? Any Ideas???
P.S The one thing I don't understand IS, Some people say put your mods in My Documents, Sims 3, mods/packages path! others say C/programs, Mods,Pakages! Mine are all in C/programes ect and work fine?????
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 3:56 AM
A sincere thanks for this! I never had the problem until today (which is pretty weird, if you ask me), but I'm happy to find that your mod has fixed it.
Original Poster
#95 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 5:47 PM
mrlucky35: You seem to have framework failure, because scripting mods actually don't work. Please read and follow Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Old_Way_to_New_Waywiki and that specific issue won't even be possible anymore.

Test Subject
#96 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:10 PM
My Sim gets "transported" back to base camp in Shang Simla when she excavates and finds a relic (usually a vase). Any ideas on what may cause this. I have Twallan's Error Trap Mod installed and I get an "error trap recorded" every time this happens, as well. Below is the excerpt from the error log.

simulating object is null unable to obtain an interaction object -- NRaas.ErrorTrap Version 27 -- -- Script Errors -- Object: Name: Starr Shinewright Type: Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim Object id: 0x3a8c003da07abfd0 Position: (345.6623, 117.1706, 606.5117) Room id: 0 Level: 0 Flags: InWorld, IsUsed Lot: Sims3.Gameplay.Core.WorldLot Lot Name: Lot Address: Household: Shinewright LotHome: Shang Simla Base Camp Occult: None Interactions: 1: Excavate TwoBTech.DigSiteFixer+Excavate+Definition TwoBTech.DigSiteFixer+Excavate+Definition Time: Fri. at 20:00 System.StackOverflowException: The maximum stack depth for the interpreter has been exceeded.
Top Secret Researcher
#97 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by remiller66
I have Twallan's Error Trap Mod installed and I get an "error trap recorded" every time this happens, as well. Below is the excerpt from the error log.

Unfortunately, that particular excerpt will probably not help Buzzler with any fix they may wish to deploy.

Buzzler can locate the full log here, which I will leave up for a while : http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....msg9609#msg9609

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Original Poster
#98 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 1:15 PM
@remiller66: If you still have that savegame to re-enact the error, I'd appreciate it if you'd try the most recent version and report your findings.

@twallan: Thanks for keeping that script error for me.

Test Subject
#99 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:25 PM
@Buzzler: How do I upload the savegame to you on this message board? I don't see any attach file button or some such.
Original Poster
#100 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by remiller66
How do I upload the savegame to you on this message board? I don't see any attach file button or some such.
The attachments options become available when you click on Go Advanced. A savegame is too big to attach it to a posting, though. Please upload it to a filehoster like mediafire and post the link.

Page 4 of 8