Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Keep Books After Publishing v5

by scumbumbo Posted 4th Dec 2014 at 4:53 AM - Updated 31st Dec 2018 at 2:27 AM by scumbumbo : Bugfix

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 4:49 PM
Thank you i allways liked it when you kept the book or they send you a copy of the book, so it goes on the shelf to let others read it .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 6:49 AM
thank u~!~!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 9:35 PM
Thanks, this is great, after all why write the book if no one can read it when your done.
Instructor
#29 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 10:30 PM
does it work with the new patch?
Deceased
Original Poster
#30 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 6:12 AM
I have checked this mod for compatibility with the January 13 game update and there do not appear to be any changes required.
THANKS POST
#31 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 3:00 PM
THANK YOU!!!! Yes I'm scream-typing in excitement! I was gutted when I realised that if I want to make some moolah - the books that my sim worked so hard over, just went poof! and I couldn't find it in the books-to-buy list! But now, my sim can get to give his book to his friends and family and let them read it with thanks to you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 6:24 AM
Thank you so much! How stupid it is that the game wouldn't let you keep the books you write. My author sim lost so many before I realized I couldn't just BUY new copies, or keep my original. Some of those she wrote for her child.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 4:08 PM
Thank you - how ridiculous is it that writers never get to see their books again?? Now my sim authors won't be sending their work into the vacuum of space...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:41 PM
I love this Mod. I like that I can have the things my writer works hard on.

I have only one problem. Nerd/brain Sims that need to "finish reading 3 books" requirement for Asperations. This books don't seem to count. You can read them as an action, but the game doesn't count it persay.
Deceased
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muddy23
I love this Mod. I like that I can have the things my writer works hard on.

I have only one problem. Nerd/brain Sims that need to "finish reading 3 books" requirement for Asperations. This books don't seem to count. You can read them as an action, but the game doesn't count it persay.

I'll may look into this one day if I get the chance. I don't think it's a bug with the mod, reading the books probably doesn't work before publishing either as the mod doesn't change anything up until the actual publishing step is performed. EA must have just assumed people would publish right away, the book would disappear and they didn't have to worry about making it work like a proper book.

If I recall correctly, you can't read a children's genre crafted book to children either.
Deceased
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 6:22 AM
This mod has been checked with the latest game patch (Feb 3, 2015) and no update is required.
Test Subject
#37 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 4:18 PM
Is there any way to make the children's books readable to children?
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 11:08 PM
Can you use this mod while playing the Legacy Challenge?
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grumble314

I've tried and it want let me. I can only read the store bought ones to my children.
Deceased
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marie Dean
Can you use this mod while playing the Legacy Challenge?

i wouldn't know why not, but then I have no clue what the rules are for that.
Deceased
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grumble314

None that I've been able to figure out. The written books are just generic I think, even if you try reading them before publishing without using the mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:16 AM
Awesome! Another key fundamental that slipped under the Sims 4's frequently fallible radar.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:45 PM
What a great idea. Good job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 7:46 AM
Thanks a lot for this mod and for updating it to the latest version of the game! My Sim Writer has a whole room full of her books and this is really awesome! :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:16 PM
Heh, thanks for this. It's one of those things that I can't believe they left out of the base game. ><
Test Subject
#46 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:56 AM
Is this mod compatible with Get To Work expansion?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th May 2015 at 2:02 AM
There's a new patch out and EA added something the ability to publish a new book type. Does this new add on affect this mod in any way? Is it compatible with the May patch?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 5th May 2015 at 2:03 AM
Does it also affect the put away books mod.
Test Subject
#49 Old 18th May 2015 at 2:30 PM
Hey, does this mod work as of the latest patch (1.7.62.1020)?

Thanks in advance
Deceased
Original Poster
#50 Old 18th May 2015 at 7:05 PM
To answer several questions at once, since I missed some earlier:
  • Yes, it's compatible with Get To Work.
  • The mod changes the "put down strategy" for all books, so it should work fine with any new book types.
  • No changes are required for the latest game patch (1.7.62)
Page 2 of 5