Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2021 at 5:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TS2 is locked in 800x600 even though I changed Graphic Rules files
A new day, a new problem with this game...

So here it is, it's been a few days since my game now starts in 800x600 and I can't change the screen resolution in game. I changed the Graphic Rules values of screen resolution a long long time ago (like 2 years ago) and I tried to change the values again, nothing worked. I tried to remove parts then all of my downloads and it didn't work. I tried the Graphic Rules Maker and it didn't change anything at A-L-L. I tried to change the screen resolution values in the config-log file but when the game starts, it automatically puts them back to 800x600. My graphic card is an AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics and my processors are four AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G.

Seriously I don't have an idea of what I can do, but I may have an idea of what the cause might be : just before the game started to lock the screen resolution to 800x600, I wrote a line just below "seti cpuLevelUnsupported 0" which was "seti textureMemory 16444". I removed this line then but I don't know if there's a link between this line and the screen resolution problem.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2021 at 7:07 PM
First you need to make sure the game uses more than 32MB texture memory; otherwise it won't allow any higher resolutions unless you also change them for low settings in the Graphics Rules file. You can also try adding the command to the game's Target line, like -r1600x900, -r1920x1080 or whatever resolution you want to run the game in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2021 at 6:13 PM
My game already uses more than 32MB and like I said, I already changed the values in the Graphic Rules so the game just doesn't seem to "care" about the fact that the values are changed. I already tried the game's Target line too but it didn't work... :/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2021 at 7:00 PM
I wound up having to set the game to run as administrator at some point in order for it to be able to read the graphics rules file, not sure what changed, probably some stupid Windows permission issue, so you could try that.