Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 2:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How can I limit the risk of experiencing lag during the recording of videos?
I want to get back into recording videos after taking a long hiatus due to personal reasons. But I want to try and figure out some methods to stop the game from lagging or freezing while recording videos. I do have NRaas' Master Controller mod, which I use to keep the game running smoothly. But that doesn't stop the game from sometimes freezing at inconvenient times. Even if I create a new save and delete certain objects, it can still happen.

I have been using the option to reset everything before recording videos. But that doesn't always help. In fact I'm starting to question if I should actually do that before recording videos. Since they seem to make popup messages appear more frequently. Here is a video that I took in 2019 where lag/freezing is definitely apparent. And since I don't have any video editing software, I am not equipped with any tricks that can be used to edit the videos so the audio remains in sync and people can't tell that the lag/freezing existed in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjuK5jKwuo
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 6:28 AM
What are Micro Pulse freezes? Also I record videos using the recorder that's built into the game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 4:04 AM
I did manage to get a pretty decent recording last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xicxvBqDTuU
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 3:46 AM
I deleted all the tombstones and inventory items, and I used NRaas' Master Controller mod to reset all the objects in the town and all the Sims, excluding the ones that appeared in the video. This was just a copy of my master save, so nothing was lost.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 1:54 PM
I don't see any long pauses. Oh wait, are you referring to the Bonehilda video?