Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 11:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Opening a restaurant in an already established home business / buyable NL restaurant stove
I own a rank 5 music/vinyl store and now I wish to open a "cafe" (restaurant) section and have free space for that. As probably many of you know, you can't place a stove in a home business and I don't want to destroy my business and start again. Any tips?

Yes I'm the same person who had a problem with crashing on the same lot but fixed it shortly afterwards. I hope I'm not annoying
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 3:22 PM
I think your best bet would be to download some mod to get the NL stove to appear in the residential catalogue, or to make a work-around and sell servings of food in the OFB "shelf" that looks like it's meant to store cakes. Not the same, but close a bit.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I think your best bet would be to download some mod to get the NL stove to appear in the residential catalogue, or to make a work-around and sell servings of food in the OFB "shelf" that looks like it's meant to store cakes. Not the same, but close a bit.

I was actually asking if there is a mod for your first advice lol.
I was also thinking of opening a bakery that looks like a coffee shop.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:29 AM
The only way I know to get the restaurant items on a res lot is to move your sims out, change it to community, place the items, change it back to residential move your sims back in. Even then it's glitchy and you have no guarantee that your playable sims will be able to use it. One time I tried this the npc's kept spawning and taking over. I left them to it for a few days but having them there 'working' 24/7 was too much. If it does work, you will also find the restaurant coding very strong, in that your lot won't be a music store with a cafe, it will be a restaurant. The restaurant coding takes over any lot it's used on.

You are far better not making a restaurant but just making an eating area. Now for that, there are plenty of modded items that you can use. You will find though that again the coding for coming in to buy the for sale items to be the strongest, so don't expect the 'cafe' to be used very much.
So some items would be:
Simwardrobe buffet. That can be pay.
Exnems plates of food-some of them are pay.
The simlogical pay door -into an area with a party buffet or other food.

Simwardrobe stuff can be found here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87829/
Exem can be found on the graveyard https://simfileshare.net/folder/87829/
simlogical http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2.htm
You will have to hunt around these places unfortunately. It's well worth having the pay buffet and exnems food plates.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Lyralei : 5th May 2021 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Spammedy spam
Thank you. Everything is stated in great detail and clearly. Some of my friends would love to know more about this business plan)) But life is difficult)) Sometimes getting a good result in the game is more difficult than in reality. Do you agree with me? Do you have any ideas on how to reduce the use time of ovens for complex cooking?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2021 at 2:42 PM
You could use the Uni Cafeteria Stove spawns chef on every lot mod (it's at SimLogical) and add a Uni dorm stove and some counters. They will then serve meals cafeteria-style. It's not quite a restaurant, but it's something.

Jo, what foods do the SimWardrobe buffets serve? I am looking for something for my fish n chip shop. I found an ice cream cart which works well, but I need to experiment with some options for the actual meals. Currently I am thinking of just making it an owned lot so I can customise the menu and make the waiters dress less formally.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...