Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 10:45 PM
Default Download Archive?
I used to spend HOURS combing through the downloads for the Sims 3 on MTS. Now, it seems that a vast majority of the downloads are gone - for instance, if I look for Sims 3 floor covering downloads, there are only 4 results.

Am I doing something wrong? It seems that most of the downloadable content is gone.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 9:47 AM
You are probably browsing in "Compatible" mode, which adjusts the downloads shown to your specific games that you have indicated in the user control panel.  You can switch to "All" downloads mode and it should show everything.  As of this point there are 12,790 downloads in TS3 in total, so they definitely aren't gone.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
#3 Old 1st May 2021 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
You are probably browsing in "Compatible" mode, which adjusts the downloads shown to your specific games that you have indicated in the user control panel.  You can switch to "All" downloads mode and it should show everything.  As of this point there are 12,790 downloads in TS3 in total, so they definitely aren't gone.

Hello @ Tashiketh
My Sims3 downloads is in Compatible Mode (all eps and sps are listed) and I too only have 4 returns for floors:

I also got 4 returns for walls; so I played about changing preferences and managed to get 30 items. In total there are 69 build items but floors continue to be just 4 items.
Has there been a cull on floors?
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 1st May 2021 at 9:53 AM
We haven't culled anything - we don't cull entire categories.  I checked, and there are indeed only 4 items with the category "Floor Covering" for TS3.  Probably why this is is because you can use patterns as floor coverings, so you don't need special ones for this.

Just of note, there are:

74,782 TS2 downloads
12,794 TS3 downloads
11,432 TS4 downloads

TS3 just isn't as popular.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
We haven't culled anything - we don't cull entire categories.  I checked, and there are indeed only 4 items with the category "Floor Covering" for TS3.  Probably why this is is because you can use patterns as floor coverings, so you don't need special ones for this.

Just of note, there are:

74,782 TS2 downloads
12,794 TS3 downloads
11,432 TS4 downloads

TS3 just isn't as popular.

Thanks for the feedback! I could be mistaken but I feel like the 12,794 TS3 downloads is a lot less than it used to be. There are specific things that I've searched that used to be posted and I can find them that way but not by paging through the categories. Also, under the vehicle section, there are a lot less pages. I guess it's possible that creators took their content down, it just seemed like a lot was missing.