Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2021 at 9:09 PM Last edited by LucieSims : 8th May 2021 at 12:21 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 : Sims in the bin crash the game when moving on lot.
Good evening .

I am back to the sims 2 but I cannot play with it because the sims I created where are in the "bin" make crashes the game when I place them on lot. But oddily when I am back to my game, the sims I already placed are in the houses despite the crashes.
I created a custom neighbohood . I have got cc that I often clean from GUID conflicts, deleted duplicates and orphans, I also cleaned the name of the package files from special caraceters. These sims sound safe. I made them in bodyshop, when I enter the cas in game everything works fine.
I do not know what is happening.

I got the whole game patched no UC. I am running windows 10 20H2 64 bits, I got 8 Gigas of ram. My processor is :AMD FX(tm)-770K Quad Core Processor 3.50 GHz and I got the Radeon R9 200.

Thank you for the assistance you will give to me.I really want to play this game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2021 at 9:34 PM
Could be you have some bad CAS CC that causes crashes.

One type of file that's known to cause crashing issues (especially if you play with elders, but there's been some issues with adults too) is CRES files.

If you've got downloaded sims that came with CC when you installed them, do a search around in these items and see if you find any files that fit the description below:
- The size of the files tend to be around 6 MB (roughly 6000-6200 kb).
- The name of the file tend to be a (usually) random string of letters and numbers
(just so you don't accidentally get them confused - face presets are small in size and follow an 8x8 digit pattern separated with a _ so they're easy to recognize, for instance "5f316003_5ffda06a.package", while files directly from Bodyshop/SavedSims will have the second part changed to a name and look more like "5fe062f0_Projectname.package")
- In Clean Installer they'll show as "unknown" or something of the sort when you install the sim.
- If you open up the files in SimPE you'll find a heap of CRES files and nothing else.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2021 at 11:21 AM
Can you load the lot in build mode when you are not trying to move that family in?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Could be you have some bad CAS CC that causes crashes.

One type of file that's known to cause crashing issues (especially if you play with elders, but there's been some issues with adults too) is CRES files.

If you've got downloaded sims that came with CC when you installed them, do a search around in these items and see if you find any files that fit the description below:
- The size of the files tend to be around 6 MB (roughly 6000-6200 kb).
- The name of the file tend to be a (usually) random string of letters and numbers
(just so you don't accidentally get them confused - face presets are small in size and follow an 8x8 digit pattern separated with a _ so they're easy to recognize, for instance "5f316003_5ffda06a.package", while files directly from Bodyshop/SavedSims will have the second part changed to a name and look more like "5fe062f0_Projectname.package")
- In Clean Installer they'll show as "unknown" or something of the sort when you install the sim.
- If you open up the files in SimPE you'll find a heap of CRES files and nothing else.

Wow these explanation are awesome really and I really did not know about CRES files , many thank you for sharing you knowledges with me @simmer22.
I just to forget to mention above that these sims are all mine I never download sims from other creators.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Can you load the lot in build mode when you are not trying to move that family in?

@simsfreg : I don't know I did not try yet. All the lots I placed in my custom words are from ingame and only a handle of are my creations or interior makeovers. The lots in matter are 100% from the game. However the game tends to create families and place them into the houses,those sims I cannot open it they make the game freezing. I deleted them thanks SimPE.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2021 at 8:13 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th May 2021 at 8:35 PM.
If you've never downloaded sims from other creators, then it's probably not the Cres files.

Do you place the lot and then put sims into it without visiting the lot first? Depending on the size of the lot and family, I've found lots from the bin to be a bit more stable if you first place and quickly load the lot, save, then place the family. CC-med/heavy and big lots in particular. Works best for residential lots. If they're apartment lots, then that's another can of worms (probably works before you move in player-made sims).

If you play with little to no CC and only lots from ingame, then it's kinda weird your game keeps crashing. Have you done all the game fixes, like the 4GB patch and such?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2021 at 12:20 PM
@simmer22 : I am sorry for having being long but I tried first your suggestion about using Clean Installer and deleted all the unknown files from CAS labelled by the program as such. A tip I ignored and I am thankful to be in the know because this is so useful.
That worked perfectly.
I could move on my family on lots without a crash. Normally my sims 2 families are single with one pets or two or just single without pets just because compared to the sims 3 and the sims 4 we cannot create roommates with different family names. Or perhaps I missed something I don't know. The houses I placed them are from the game no CC. Even though I got cc of course.
I also could enter the lots with the sims that already there , oddily despite the crash , the sims in matter are playable and totally safe.
I don't remember if I applied the 4GB patch but I use CFF explorer and make allows the game to read more than 2GB of Ram . I also used the Graphics Rules Maker the new version. I also make sure to have not too much high poly stuffs on my computer. Less than 8900 for objects and less than 20 000 for hairstyles (my computer can easily read them)

I don't know how to thank you enough for saving my game and taught me tricks I ignored. I am very grateful.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th May 2021 at 9:06 PM
^ Not all unknown files are bad (they could be labeled as unknown for other reasons), but the ones that are roughly 6 MB that fit the description above tend to be bad.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th May 2021 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ Not all unknown files are bad (they could be labeled as unknown for other reasons), but the ones that are roughly 6 MB that fit the description above tend to be bad.

The crash is still there when I place a female sims of mine with her dog. It crashed when right after the loading after moving on the lot -house- this time.

I upgrated my graphic card maybe it is the cause of?

Hmm yes some mods are categorized as unknown but I rather say goodbye to them.