Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2376 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 4:08 AM
Jackson called his girlfriend and invited her over, and his dad showed up from the death to see what he was up to...

Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2377 Old 10th Dec 2022 at 11:21 PM

Not how it works, Miles
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2378 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 3:11 AM
I load up the household and they're like this???

Edit: I posted this too soon. I thought when I clicked play, everything would go back to normal. But NO! This couple started waking up, and surprise surprise! Kaden is actually holding their son? Alexis is holding their daughter but in a very weird way lmao

This side makes for a pretty screenshot, though. The other side was very cursed so I didn't even bother.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2379 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 11:53 PM
My butler, Theodore Jeeves, is a strange little man. He hates cleaning, so every time the butler code kicks in to push him to clean something, he breaks the fourth wall and groans at me. The sim family he works for are very popular and have a lot of visitors, so there's always something that needs cleaning up. So, he looks at me often!
Due to his short height, the animations are also hilarious- he checks his cuffs with his arms in the air, serves dinner from shoulder height and checks for dust above his head. The only task he doesn't complain about is gardening.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2380 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
I load up the household and they're like this??? This couple started waking up, and surprise surprise! Kaden is actually holding their son? Alexis is holding their daughter but in a very weird way lmao

Guys it happened again? I loaded up this household, and the parents have it in their queue to hold their twin toddlers, but they're still performing the action they were doing when I left the household the last time I played them. The toddlers have it in their queue that they're sleeping in their cribs and then "be held", but the parents are actually holding them??? It's so strange and I had never seen them do this before.

At least this time the images aren't so cursed, and actually pretty cute. Here we have Connor, holding his toddler because she wouldn't fall asleep in her own bed:

And here is Amy, who has to go to the bathroom with her baby because she'll wake up and scream if she's put down. Pretty realistic I think!

I added photos of what the queue looks like. As far as they're aware, the kid is still sleeping in his crib and the dad is still sleeping in his bed, so it's just the animation that's out of order.
Screenshots
Inventor
#2381 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 3:40 AM

Apparently, Forbidden Fruit counters are extremely flammable I'm not even sure what happened. I mean, I've had cooking fires before but never like this. The whole section literally burst into flames in a second or two. My sim was still playing the cooking animation while the stove, two counters, and the floor under her feet were engulfed! It spread to her, a few more floor tiles, and the trash can before the firefighter was properly in the door. God bless her, but my silly sim valiantly tried to put out the fire and got lit on fire a second time. I finally got her out of the kitchen. Of course, she had just given birth to twins, too, so now she's in excellent shape
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2382 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 4:16 PM
Mad Poster
#2383 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 3:15 PM
I love it when they get the baby/toddler holding glitch, I've never seen it persist for so long, but it surely makes for some adorable screenshots. I've been after a way to trigger it manually for some time!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#2384 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I love it when they get the baby/toddler holding glitch, I've never seen it persist for so long, but it surely makes for some adorable screenshots. I've been after a way to trigger it manually for some time!

It might take some experimenting to see what causes it for sure! I was thinking about trying it out because I continue to see this in my game. I posted on another thread about something similar. One of my sims moved into an apartment with her three toddlers, and two NPCs working at the 'motel' were holding two of them

In my experience, it's only happened in apartments, and when there's more than one toddler (this might just be a coincidence, I don't really know).

I guess it's time for experimenting!!!
Lab Assistant
#2385 Old 11th Jan 2023 at 6:41 AM
I'm pretty sure this isn't how you bathe a baby...

The pain of having dining booths in your residential lot

Screenshots

(Sorry for my bad grammar; English isn't my first language.)
Field Researcher
#2386 Old 12th Jan 2023 at 12:35 AM Last edited by LauraPamplonaS : 12th Jan 2023 at 11:08 PM.
When the fire spreads so much the fire truck catches on fire...

Update: The fireman had to leave on foot.
Screenshots
Scholar
#2387 Old 13th Jan 2023 at 9:10 PM
uhhh... That's why you don't reuse names, especially when using SimPE to modify memories
Screenshots
Inventor
#2388 Old 14th Jan 2023 at 2:32 PM
Soooo... I don't think I'll be using SimWardrobe's employee coffee maker again.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2389 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 3:41 AM
She doesn't seem to want to let her newborn baby off her sight

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#2390 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 11:24 AM
This doesn't seem safe...

Can you even watch any birds from there?

Screenshots

(Sorry for my bad grammar; English isn't my first language.)
Inventor
#2391 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 8:53 PM
Mister Big abandoned his food preparation and went to browse the world-wide web holding milk and moving the computer mouse with his left hand. It was caused by my mistake. For a moment I thought his intent was to eat at the computer fro real.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2392 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 10:21 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2393 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 9:08 PM
Mad Poster
#2394 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 8:12 AM

I once saw one of these strange team mates on the team 'bus when Gloria went out to get on it. They're not "proper" Sims -- when you mouse over them you don't see a name. I always meant to post here to ask about it. This pictures dates from 2016.

Sadly the team 'bus doesn't come for Gloria any more. She liked the camaraderie of the 'bus. When the All-Stars started sending a limo for her, she told them she'd rather cycle to work than ride in a limo.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2395 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 12:04 PM
@AndrewGloria Did Gloria's head vanish into the roof too? And what's in those boxes at the back? So many questions about this bus, I think those kids must be cheerleaders but they look like they are made out of Papier-mâché!
Mad Poster
#2396 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 4:20 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 7th Feb 2023 at 4:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@AndrewGloria Did Gloria's head vanish into the roof too? And what's in those boxes at the back? So many questions about this bus, I think those kids must be cheerleaders but they look like they are made out of Papier-mâché!
I think I must only have looked inside the bus once -- in all the years that Gloria was travelling to and from her work in it! So I don't know if her head disappeared into the roof or not! So I started looking at my other Veronaville playables to see who else was in the Athletic career. The only one I can find is Cornwall Capp, and he has just made it into the team, so I went to visit him and Regan, to see if the 'bus turned up, and who and what was inside it.

The same two passengers were on it as in your picture. The cardboard boxes are at the back. And Cornwall's head did disappear into the roof! I thought my 2016 picture was a one-off, but it looks like it's maybe always like that. I must look carefully at the bus when he returns in the afternoon. I thought there was only one Papier-mâché character in my 2016 picture, but, when I look carefully, I can see the second passenger's shoulder almost hidden by the driver's chair.

I assumed the boxes at the back contained sports goods/equipment. Maybe new/spare kits. As for the "passengers" I assumed they were meant to be other team members, but why they are papier-mâché mock-ups rather than real "flesh and blood" Sims, I really don't know. Maybe to put less strain on low powered computers like my old netbook. Of course the 2016 picture was taken on it, hence the low resolution.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2397 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 5:52 PM
I think it's nicer than the school bus- I always feel sorry for the children when they get on the bus, and no-one else is there! Where are all their classmates?
Inventor
#2398 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 6:39 PM
Riding a dog and feeding him a treat ++.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#2399 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 11:45 PM
This seems dangerous. And passive-aggressive. I'm sure they'd go have their conversation elsewhere if you just asked them...

Let your mom blow out the candles on her own, Jonas.

Some people have nightmares like this.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#2400 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 11:46 PM
I wasn't quick enough to catch Cornwall before he got off the 'bus (Regan and two young visitors were all struggling to stay awake), but when I looked, the two papier-mâché passengers were still on the 'bus along with the cardboard boxes at the back. I guess now they must always be on the team 'bus, and the reason why I've only seen then once before, is because I've only looked once before!

Here's picture just after Cornwall got off the bus. I'm afraid it's not very funny -- apart from the distortion of the driver's face, caused by the wide angle lens.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think it's nicer than the school bus- I always feel sorry for the children when they get on the bus, and no-one else is there! Where are all their classmates?
I think I read somewhere that Maxis intended there to be a crowd of the local kids on the 'bus, but the computers of the day might struggle with so many Sims on the lot at once. There may even have been a Sims 2 trailer with a crowd of kids on the 'bus, but I wasn't around the Sims' world in those days, so I never saw it.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Page 96 of 103