Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#201 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I didn't realise that the smustle was a dance that only Sims did. I'll have to see if my Sims can teach me the steps.

Or some youtube-person! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UYhGv6ReV4
Now excuse me while I'm off practicing.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Inventor
#202 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
Nope @Duine, I've never played any FF games, because they aren't. That's one of MY pet peeves... Companies calling their shit names that it ain't! There's nothing Final about Final Fantasy! If the original Final Fantasy had really been *FINAL*, then we would not be talking about FF12 now, would we?

Actually, the first Final Fantasy game was aptly named because the video game producer Square had been doing very poorly with game sales worldwide, so the company was facing bankruptcy and close to going out of business. So they were producing a fantasy-based roleplaying game at the time, and they renamed it "Final Fantasy" as a sort of farewell to the masses, a la "This is the last fantasy game we'll ever produce, so goodbye". As fortune had it, Final Fantasy was so good that it flew off the shelves, netting enough sales profits to save Square from bankruptcy. Shrewd enough to know a golden goose when they saw it, Square decided to spin their would-be final game into a sequel, then another, then another....

From what I understand, Square's production team refrained from changing the series' name for the sake of title recognition from the fans of the original Final Fantasy, who were many. So now you know how the Final Fantasy games came to be so named. It's still a bit silly, but the history makes the name understandable. If Saint George slays a dragon and saves your kingdom from ruin, you'd expect every generation begat by Saint George to name their firstborn sons "George II," "George III" and so on, just to harken back to their progenitor's heroic accomplishment. Right? .
Scholar
#203 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 4:45 PM
Ok, I'll buy that, @Pizzatron-9000.
Mad Poster
#204 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 5:07 PM
I tried to figure out what they were doing, and couldn't. And I googled it and only found one, poor quality video (in the recording AND in the dancing).
Kligma - do you have a link?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#205 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I tried to figure out what they were doing, and couldn't. And I googled it and only found one, poor quality video (in the recording AND in the dancing).
Kligma - do you have a link?

I put the link to the video I was watching in my post, couldn't you see it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UYhGv6ReV4
(It's called "How to smustle [Sims Saturday] Rachybop")

I am Error.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#206 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
Or some youtube-person! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UYhGv6ReV4
Now excuse me while I'm off practicing.
I asked Andrew to demonstrate it to me, but it looks difficult to me, especially at my age. (I'm an elder.) Andrew says it's easy and everyone can do it, but of course he's a teen -- and a Sim! I think I'll have a look at that video!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#207 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 2:11 PM
I bet those "realistic" sims look terrifying when they smustle.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#208 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 6:41 AM
Has anyone had a show that affected their simming? Ever since I watched the episodes with Doctor Who's Weeping Angels, I'm forever side-eyeing statues that look similar. Though I do have a Dalek in the game (it's a deco statue). I'm starting to wonder about Servo's being sim Cybermen. I haven't played Servos yet, but I heard that in some versions (TS3, I think) sims are scared of them. That would be a good reason. What if that evil guy from Sim City 4 made the sim concept of Servos? These are just rambling thoughts that come while I type.
Scholar
#209 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 12:19 AM
Has Simlogical closed? I get 404 Not Found pages for every link I try.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Scholar
#210 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 12:23 AM
Maybe temporarily, or there might be a hosting issue or some hardware problem... I've been there several times over the last few days, and it was always there. Give it some time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#211 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 2:13 AM
Simlogical is up now. I tried it a few minutes ago by following the link on Google to the Sims 2 pages, and I got the 404 error too. Then I tried the link from Inge Jones's profile here on MTS and it worked! Then I tried via Google again and it worked too. All in the space of a few minutes. So I guess it's fixed now. Just in case Inge has moved anything, the Sims 2 pages are here.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#212 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 2:24 AM
What if sims kept track of what community lots they liked and what neighborhood it was in (i.e. main or sub-hood) and expressed a desire to move to the hood in a similar way to how teens want to go to college i.e. 'Move to {Shopping District Name}', 'Move to {Downtown Name}', 'Move to {Main Neighborhood Name}'? What if their choice was also influenced by which neighborhood their friends, family and enemies occupied? That could have been an additional feature since once you move a sim (family) in, you are able to see which lots they have a connection to. I know that there is no way to do it but I think it would have also have been good if they took some sorta 'distance to job' into account i.e. commute cost.
Mad Poster
#213 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 12:59 AM
The lot I'm getting ready for upload now is one that I made start-to-finish in less than 24 hours, yet I've spent a good two weeks writing the description for it... does that seem backwards to any of you?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#214 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 3:36 AM
I sometimes write a discription of how a certain house will be decorated and what the plans are for the sims that will inhabit it.

I find it very annoying to go to a community lot and see NPCs using my high poly hairs that are for a specific sim and not used often. Today I took a sim to the restaurant just to see if everything worked properly and routing was okay. I saw red, literally when 3 red headed female NPCs all had my special hair styles. At least I was able to change their appearance using the Simanipulator. At first I thought it didn't work, then noticed it worked on the wrong sim until I checked names and they both had the same first name.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#215 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 4:04 AM
@Duine - If hairs and outifts are 'townified' - as it is called - every townie can use them. If you want such items to remain reserved for some of your playables, you would require non-townified versions.
This GoS page deals with the process of townifying stuff. I imagine that it would also imply or suggest how to do the inverse - the de-townifying of same items.
Instructor
#216 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 7:31 AM
I wonder if there are religious factions in the sims. Maybe one faction worships llamas and the other worships freezer bunnies. Then there is the group who thinks the previous two are boring and decided to just worship grilled cheese. Then there is the group that everybody ignores because they preach about the strange sim god who is the real reason behind the creation of the green plumbbob and people's strange impulses.

Also, how come Knowledge sims, especially those who have been abducted before, can't (by a % chance) hijack the abduction, steal the UFO's vehicle, and have a loading screen to the alien's home planet?
Theorist
#217 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 9:27 AM
There are also those sims who get on their knees and pray to the god Grimmy to give back their deceased loved ones. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#218 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 10:58 PM
Well, there are cult leaders now No reason why the cult leader could not be leading the Platinum Plumbob Worship Association or something, I guess.
Forum Resident
#219 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 5:27 PM
Just sticking this here for me reference

All me criminals also like plants - Fact
What do criminal gardeners do except sell drugs?

COWPLANT WORKSHOP - To remove all traces of the dearly departed with big lips. - Better also fix up a cemetery to go with this.
Cowplants can protect all their stolen gold.
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 6:12 PM
Sims 2 is more engaging than Sims 4... because in the Sims 4 the game gives you the goals, where as there's more room for the player to come up with goals in the Sims 2. (At least, that's how it feels to me in my sims 2 BACC vs. the sims 4 dabbling I've been doing).
Mad Poster
#221 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
Just sticking this here for me reference

All me criminals also like plants - Fact
What do criminal gardeners do except sell drugs?

COWPLANT WORKSHOP - To remove all traces of the dearly departed with big lips. - Better also fix up a cemetery to go with this.
Cowplants can protect all their stolen gold.

Grow weed?
Instructor
#222 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 10:28 PM Last edited by Rinchan7 : 24th Dec 2015 at 10:41 PM.
What if there was a House Hunter show for sims? Houses (when downloaded) that come with an introductory video would be shown on this channel. But only the unoccupied houses in the main neighborhood would be shown. Have houses and/or vacation homes in sub-hoods or vacation hoods? That's when you would use the House Hunters: International channel. Sims might be interested in that channel if they get a want to move out or are in the architecture career.

This is more of a random thought than a CC & hacks I want to see, so that's why I'm posting here.

Also, do you think toddler sims have singing freezer bunny or a singing llama instead of a Barney. (Or maybe a singing teddy bear).
For those of you unfamiliar with Barney, see: Braney: I Love You Song

For me, I would like it if the kids had this llama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX-n1VeASW4

Based on the last link though, it got me thinking: how would you put broadway/plays on sims?
Field Researcher
#223 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 11:24 PM
BoilingOil, if you finish that mod, I'd love to pass it on to my mom. She's just recreated this family she had in Sims 1, the Pattersons. It was, IMO, really entertaining to hear about their soap opera sitcom-type antics, if that makes any sense. One example: Guy and Faye are the parents. Guy was an alcoholic (seriously, there was this object that could make your sims fall down drunk), corrupt policeman whose wife eventually divorced him and married a younger guy. Since she was older, she felt like she had to keep his attention, so she started wearing this tight, revealing outfit with lots of leopard print. They're a really classy bunch. Their oldest son, Lenny, was a criminal who stole things from community lots (using a mod that let you access buy and build) but calmed down once he met a nice woman who appreciated his family because hers was even worse!

Sorry for the rambling. The reason I brought them up is one of their daughters, Chrissy, keeps telling dirty jokes, which isn't in character for her. She's not a prude, though- she married a rock star, for heaven's sake! But it still just doesn't fit her personality.

Rinchan7, I don't have Sims Medieval, but I've looked into it. I don't know if you know this or not, but there's two branches of religion that worships the Watcher (i.e. the player). The Jacobans have ornate churches and robes and preach fire-and-brimstone style, while the Peterans have a more plain aesthetic and give more gentle sermons. In some people's games and stories, they use those two branches for their own modern games. More info on the Jacobans can be found here and the Peterans here.

The game sounds kinda fun (most of the proclamations are pretty hilarious, and the "Truth Decay" one sounds like an actual church sign!), but I'd rather play Sims 2 with lots of mods. For example, I'm a history geek, so I think it'd be fun if I had a royal family with something distinctive about their face, a la the Plantagenets with their long, thin faces. But in the "real" Sims Medieval, your kids can't grow past the child stage! And with Sun & Moon's mods from Plumbbob Keep, it looks like we'll eventually be able to have our own self-sufficient economies!!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#224 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Well, there are cult leaders now No reason why the cult leader could not be leading the Platinum Plumbob Worship Association or something, I guess.

The Alien Appreciation Association . . . at least until I come up with a better alliterative title for them. Formerly headed by Glarn Curious, now led by PT Smith, with Heir Apparent Pascal Curious anxiously awaiting his firstborn child . . . must be part alien or have an alien offspring in order to be a full member.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#225 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 9:59 PM
My broken computer was fixed today, it was no biggie and everything on it is intact. I'm so relieved my sims and all my photos of them are safe, and I guess I'll use the money I was ready to spend on a new computer on usb-sticks instead so I won't have to face a sims-scare like that again.

I am Error.
Page 9 of 515