Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#30901 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 10:58 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if this weird ghost townie is a normal, healthy sight in a uni??

Advertisement
Instructor
#30902 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 11:48 PM
Is the weird ghost townie a semi-transparent dormie? Sometimes, dormies get stuck in that state for a while, seemingly for no reason, but it's not permanent, they go back to normal again. I've never come across one that didn't revert to normal, anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#30903 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 5:29 AM
Is there any way to remove the ability to cheat death? The one granted by a genie wish. Except dying a bunch of times ofc.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Inventor
#30904 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 2:50 PM
Try removing neigbhor's counted token of GUID 0xB42D3AF8 "Token - Wish - Has Cheat Death"
Lab Assistant
#30905 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 6:31 PM
If you get a dormie stuck semi-transparent like that you can use "Fix... Invisible Sims" on the batbox to fix it.

Does anyone know what "emitter - trigger - jealousy" is/does and why sometimes when my sims visit a neighbor's apartment (it's always a specific neighbor unit that it happens with, but I've seen it on multiple lots) I get an error from it that doesn't go away until I hit delete? As far as I can tell it's never done any harm but deleting something marked jealousy emitter makes me vaguely worry that I might be messing something up (like, if I had a situation occur that should cause jealousy would it not happen correctly?)
Inventor
#30906 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 6:41 PM
Emitter - Jealousy is created when two people have a sexual interaction. It is a service object that makes people exhibit jealousy or "distress" about witnessing it. Usually people react through objects of such kind, not directly.

You might have a mod for it that is not working completely right. To identify if you have mods affecting this object you can search for values 9601217F or FC77646D with a file manager across your Downloads folder.

There should be no harm deleting it because it will be made again when an interaction occurs.
Mad Poster
#30907 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 2:31 AM
If you're getting an error log, just post the error log, we can't really say what's happening without some information.
Alchemist
#30908 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 5:43 AM
@AndrewGloria did you get an answer? Sounds like you have a mod conflict. Did you install any new mods that added or changed an interaction? Or maybe changed your load order?

I suppose it could be what you describe, that Keith has an option to view the painting with her, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't say "Join View" or something to indicate that. Plus I can't recall if sims can view things together. So do let us know what you find out. I'm curious now.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#30909 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 8:20 AM
I''d love to know just how my Pleasantview residents would react to the modern day generations of a Pleasantview 400 years after their lifetimes and generations in the future.Eli and Ami Jankowsky might be interested in the Goths in Pleasantview as that family is a branch of the decentants of their family.
Lab Assistant
#30910 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
My experience with hotel-zoned lots in the main hood/subhoods are they cannot be owned as they must be community lots to show up as ownable real-estate. My playable sims can travel to and stay in them (just can't save like on a BV subhood) so I make them go on 'short weekends' away. If you set the hotel as a community lot it will show up to own BUT the special doors don't work, sims won't check in, etc so it's not really a 'functional' hotel lot. I have never had a sim try buying it but I have sent my playables to a community lot-zoned hotel and they couldn't check in and other randos would barge in while they were trying to have clandestine moments to watch TV.

Thank you. I was thinking about having Don Lotario own one because he now has the Goth money available to him and it would suit him very well to keep up his affairs since Mortimer is retired and always at the mansion. I will think about how I will handle this. Maybe I will just make a community lot with different rooms and an entrance fee or I will make an actual hotel and pretend it is owned by the Goth-Lotario family.
Field Researcher
#30911 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 2:40 PM
I was trying to reset my toddler but I accidentally selected something else in the testingcheats menu. Now my toddler's portrait looks like this:

Does anyone know what I clicked? Or better yet! How to fix it?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#30912 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 6:16 PM
Does everyone with the UC have missing ikea objects? Or is it just some unfortunate folks?
Why do the ikea stuff disappear?
Mad Poster
#30913 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 6:38 PM
^ Is it the actual UC from Origin or the EA app, or a "non-official" UC? Because at least one of the "Non-official" TS2 collections are just a collection of the CDs and not really the UC (there's a technical difference), and lacks IKEA entirely.

Now, if your game lacks the Holiday pack items, then you probably have an issue with the Origin/EA UC, but there's a fix for that one.
Field Researcher
#30914 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Does everyone with the UC have missing ikea objects? Or is it just some unfortunate folks?

You have downloaded the repack of the game which misses the IKEA stuff pack. If you search in your installation directory (C:/Program Files...) you'll probably see that there's no folder for the IKEA stuff pack.
I suggest seeing the Google DOC you can find in the following link and reinstall the game while you follow the steps of the guide:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/lazydu...setup-guide/amp
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30915 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot

If you are using Mr DJ version, the Ikea pack is or was separate a few years ago when it was put together.

@LauraPamplonaS
Just put on move objects, delete the toddler with the hand tool, save and go back to the hood and reload the lot. Toddler will be reset by the mail box.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30916 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@AndrewGloria did you get an answer? Sounds like you have a mod conflict. Did you install any new mods that added or changed an interaction? Or maybe changed your load order?

I suppose it could be what you describe, that Keith has an option to view the painting with her, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't say "Join View" or something to indicate that. Plus I can't recall if sims can view things together. So do let us know what you find out. I'm curious now.
I didn't get back to playing it till tonight. (I was sidetracked into watching the papier-mâché passengers on the team 'bus when Cornwall Capp went to work in the Athletic career!)

Keith and Mallory's pillow fight lasted all morning, so Doreen was left on her own in the site office before Keith went in to join her. Of course she had long since finished viewing the picture, so I made her controllable with Dolphin's mod and asked her to view it again. When she did this, I asked Keith to "view" her'. What he did was go into the office and view the same picture as Doreen. Only before he got there, she (still controllable but acting autonomously) had stopped viewing it, and was sitting at the computer, trying to chat online with Wanda Tinker.

So whatever is causing it, it seems quite harmless. I suppose it could be a mod conflict; I play with an esoteric mix of mods to suit my eccentric playstyle. I also wonder though, if it's just something if it's something that's always been there. Bearing in mind that I play with just the first 3 EPs (which must be very unusual these days), it may even be something that got fixed in a later EP or patch.

Anyway Keith and Mallory spent much of the rest of the day chatting with Doreen. They gave her a lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches. I was intending to make Doreen into a townie, maybe Mallory and Keith will persuade her to buy a new build house instead. That is their job after all. When Doreen left late in the evening Keith invited Julian round to tell him how they'd got on, and Julian (who is of course a director of Jones & Moltke) brought a CAS townie boy called Rae Quinn with him. When I left them, the four of them were thinking of going downtown for a late night meal out together. All told, an enjoyable day, both for them and for me!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#30917 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
I was trying to reset my toddler but I accidentally selected something else in the testingcheats menu. Now my toddler's portrait looks like this:

Don't worry, the portrait will regenerate the next time the toddler changes to everyday clothing.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#30918 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 3:26 PM
Is there a hack for making teen people sit higher in the Photo Booth when taking pictures? I've tried setting them to adult or stretching the skeleton, but it didn't affect the picture where their chins are often cut off and there is a blank space above their heads.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#30919 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS

Also, if the advice others have given, to just reset the kid, doesn't fix his portrait:
By any chance did you click on "make me a vampire" by accident? (Idk if that option shows up for toddlers but I know it is in the testingcheats menu) It might be trying to do the vampire UI poses (which don't exist for toddlers). In which case find "cure vampire" in the same menu because there'll be other issues with the game trying to make a vampire toddler if you don't have a mod for child/toddler vampires installed
Field Researcher
#30920 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 4:40 PM
@baticeer I just now sat down to try these out and see if the portrait could be fixed, but neither changing him into his everyday nor selling him with moveobjects worked. I have to admit that I thought it was unlikely that I had turned him into a vampire. I tried to check with the Sim Transformer, but the option to cure vampirism didn't show (I guess it doesn't show for toddlers). But when I came back to the house after selling him, this is what he's doing:

So.... yeah. I turned him into a vampire, and if you'd never told me about it, it wouldn't have crossed my mind at all. Thank you for bringing it up!
(Now I'm trying to decide if I should fix it or if I should make it part of the storyline, this is an orphan toddler after all so it could work!) :D
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#30921 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 6:03 PM
haha, I had a hunch only because I've once done something similar (used a supernatural transformer object on the wrong sim and accidentally made a child vampire for a second), so I knew that T-posing UI portraits happen if you try to make a sim into a supernatural type that doesn't exist for their age group!

If you want to make it part of his storyline the mod that will let you have toddler & child vampires is by Midge here: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...zing-i-have-one
Field Researcher
#30922 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 7:15 PM
I use a mod that swaps social class townies with normal ones when filling up apartments, and now I was wondering what are the differences between these two types of townies. Do they autonomously perform their special greetings, have anything special whatsoever? Am I missing out any gameplay by using this mod?
Theorist
#30923 Old 13th Feb 2023 at 6:28 PM
The gameplay you may be missing is that lot class is now a useless thing – with social class townies, rich folk lives in rich (expensive) apartment complexes, and I think also wear distinct clothing, so you may have an easier way of telling which "townie" is rich when marrying.
Forum Resident
#30924 Old 13th Feb 2023 at 6:52 PM
How do I say "region" in sim? (It is for the texts of the descriptions of my neighborhood)
Mad Poster
#30925 Old 13th Feb 2023 at 7:12 PM
The social townies spawn in the same 5 or so outfits (per class) which is irritating and tedious. I think they are able to give the AL social perks, but these become a bit meaningless very quickly anyway because every sim seems to achieve them within about 5 seconds. I use this to nix that: https://simnopke.tumblr.com/post/70...ewardspenalties

I just use the gussy up mod to make my townie neighbours "match" the building, if they look very out of place. The maxis "classes" don't make a blind bit of sense to me.

If you want to keep the interactions for a few sims you could use this: https://modthesims.info/d/310786/al...-playables.html

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 1237 of 1347