Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#9676 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 9:32 PM
The painting called "The Waters Flow" by Edgar Velveete in Buy Mode emits light! Very cool.

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Advertisement
Instructor
#9677 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 7:44 PM Last edited by Corax : 15th Jun 2022 at 9:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MintFinch
The painting called "The Waters Flow" by Edgar Velveete in Buy Mode emits light! Very cool.

That is awesome! I just tried it out and it functions like a mix between a lamp and a painting with the "Turn On...", "Turn Off...", "Auto-Lights..." options in addition to the "View" option. And to top it off, the water is animated in Live Mode (edit: only when the painting is turned on), just like it says in the description. I have never used this painting before but now I'm tempted to put it into every single nursery/kid's room around the neighbourhood.
Lab Assistant
#9678 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 5:59 AM
You could paint the pool. This feels revolutionary for me as Sims 2 don't have any square water except the pool. I could just act like the pool was a zen garden river
Top Secret Researcher
#9679 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 7:49 PM
The cheese platter (and I assume the chips platter as well) is single-serve rather than a serving platter. Seems a bit odd since I figured they'd be for parties, like for everyone to take from.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
#9680 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 4:01 PM
After defaulting almost every piece of clothing for my Medieval game & not having the thumbnails update in CAS, I discovered that Crtl + Right Click on the thumbnail updates the image!

Seriously amazed at how my game is being transformed and all traces of the 2000s are slowly disappearing
Mad Poster
#9681 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
The cheese platter (and I assume the chips platter as well) is single-serve rather than a serving platter. Seems a bit odd since I figured they'd be for parties, like for everyone to take from.

They are meant to be group meals, but don't have a "serve" or "call to meal" option. You just put them down on a table and sims can grab a plate. I don't think sims can make single-serve of these.
Top Secret Researcher
#9682 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
They are meant to be group meals, but don't have a "serve" or "call to meal" option. You just put them down on a table and sims can grab a plate. I don't think sims can make single-serve of these.

That's odd, cause Priya Ramaswami took it to the table and sat down with it. I did cancel the action as I was trying to get her to make food for a party but she certainly looked like she was about to eat the whole thing herself.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
Mad Poster
#9683 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 7:34 PM
Priya always tends to eat a LOT in my hoods So I won't be surprised if she eats the whole thing! (Seriously, it sounds like a glitch. And, to be fair to Priya, she has often been pregnant with twins).
Forum Resident
#9684 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 4:58 AM
That Twojeff's pets and higher visitor controller does not work in ultimate collection. Game can't find the package and won't show in the CC menu at game start no matter what I tried to fix it.
Lab Assistant
#9685 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 6:08 AM
I decided to slow down and enjoy the show, so to speak, and watched my sims interact. My teens don't have much to do in their small town so they decided to hangout in the gas station during one winter afternoon. I sat there and hung out with them. The girls would shift on their hips side to side. Huh, didn't know there was quite that much detail. The hand movements and the random leaning I've seen, but never noticed the hips shifting. This game has so much detail!

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Alchemist
#9686 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 6:33 PM
I think I finally figured out the rules on who can teach who to study in Uni. It seems like it's based on GPA--you need to make sure the person teaching you has a higher GPA than you. If you're a Freshman and have no GPA yet, then anyone (dormie, professor, etc.) can teach you. But once a sim has a GPA, the person teaching/helping has to be more skilled than the learner. Now I get why my sims couldn't learn to study from dormies anymore--they have no GPA. It's a bit weird that professors can't still teach anyone to study, but that's probably a Maxis oversight.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#9687 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 6:49 PM
Yesterday I was playing Malcolm Landgraab IV and he woke up at 6AM when he wasn't fully rested and I was confused. He was also just rested enough he couldn't go back to sleep -_-. I figured out it was because of the grandfather clock in the same room. So I learned that chimes every 6 hours (12am, 6am, 12pm, 6pm - apparently) and will wake up sims. I assumed it chimed every hour and they didn't care.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#9688 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 9:54 PM
Sims who have fallen asleep doing homework will still turn their head to look at others who come in.

Theorist
#9689 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 8:05 AM
Sims fall asleep doing homework???
Scholar
#9690 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Sims fall asleep doing homework???

I would too to be honest.
Mad Poster
#9691 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 9:03 AM
Yes, they do-but I have a mod that makes them go to bed at 8 pm if they're children. Make them do the homework the next day. Kids need their sleep!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#9692 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 1:09 PM
One thing that annoiyed me was the water drop sound from the kitchensink which I never had heard befor... When you drink water or wash the hands it makes this drop noice like the tab isnt completely closed...
Instructor
#9693 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
One thing that annoiyed me was the water drop sound from the kitchensink which I never had heard befor... When you drink water or wash the hands it makes this drop noice like the tab isnt completely closed...

There is a fix for that here. Search for "less dripping".
Forum Resident
#9694 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 4:58 PM
I found out that only the controlled sim can look at the player. But when I use the fourth wall options mod I can make them all selectable and have them all look at me. Works great for a video i am making where a group of friends is waiting for your arrival and they all look at you coming to meet them.
Field Researcher
#9695 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 5:33 PM
Showering doesnt raise up Hygiene faster then bathing... you only save time when the sim has to get naked and turns on the water and fills the tub up... the rest is same... I always thought bathing is much slower but its not true :/ Hygiene level makes the difference... (I guess the most know that, I didn't XD)
Lab Assistant
#9696 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 4:57 PM
Often I'm too lazy to tell my adult sims to put the toddler down and then do a task. So I have them walk to the general area where I want the toddler put down and then give them a list of tasks to do, both interacting with the toddler and then go do something else. Well, learned that sims will gussy up at the mirror while Still Holding the toddler.

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Forum Resident
#9697 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 9:22 PM
I found a not so hidden feature in Chris Hatch's visit other sims mod where i can click on other sims and control them without the need to spawn anything or cheat. It pops up in the pie menu as "control (enter sim's name here)". Do that and they're selectable. You can also stop controlling them.
Top Secret Researcher
#9698 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 9:29 PM
Buying community lots and getting up to level 5 and then selling the lot is a good source of income. $29,780 earned just from selling the business! Tried rebuying the same community lot and it was worth $29,780 less so that's just from selling the business alone. Haven't used community lots much for businesses due to no time passing, but after downloading community lot time I've really discovered its appeal! I've also never needed to earn so much money until I made everything more expensive.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#9699 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OrganicSim
Often I'm too lazy to tell my adult sims to put the toddler down and then do a task. So I have them walk to the general area where I want the toddler put down and then give them a list of tasks to do, both interacting with the toddler and then go do something else. Well, learned that sims will gussy up at the mirror while Still Holding the toddler.

They'll also practice charisma while holding a toddler. Pretty cool.
Top Secret Researcher
#9700 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 8:21 AM
Learning a children's song gives a charisma point! It's not pointless! (No pun intended.)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Page 388 of 442