Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 6:30 AM
Default A werewolf scratching post mod?
Maybe an oversized cat scratching post. Or any indestructible furniture enough for werewolf sims to scratch?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 7:58 AM
I've only found something to turn off the scratching completely - http://modthesims.info/t/578976
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I've only found something to turn off the scratching completely - http://modthesims.info/t/578976

Actually quite the opposite, I wanted to encourage scratching to raise wolf skill level. I needed a furniture that doesn't break/wear or a human-sized scratching post so that my wolf sim can grind exp.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Utkujo
Maybe an oversized cat scratching post. Or any indestructible furniture enough for werewolf sims to scratch?

Hey! I'm late to this but truth be told you actually inspired me to do exactly this! Kind of...

I too was looking for a way for my wolves to just scratch the place up without a care in the world. No idea why there's a hardlock on objects that have been scratched to not be scratched again until you repair them...Maybe for difficulty? Anyways

I looked for a dedicated werewolf scratching posts first, then considered making one of my own, but luckily it is MUCH easier than all that. Not sure if you're familiar with using TS4 Studio but I can give you a quick tutorial on how I managed to do this for myself.

If you open the app up, find the tuning by typing "interaction/werewolf_Scratch_Smash" or copy paste the id# "289618" in the search, and exporting into a package. From there scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see some tuning like this:

<V t="state">
<U n="state">
<T n="value">163408<!--statevalue_Pets_Cat_ScratchFurniture_Off--></T>
</U>
</V>

Delete all of this.

Basically that is part of the test the game reads which says "If the object has been scratched, it must be repaired before a werewolf can scratch it again." Which is exactly what we don't want (I'd assume based on your post)

After that just save the package! Now your werewolves can scratch all your want! The option to repair the object will still be there as well as the scratch marks which I kept in because I like the grundgy vibe it gives off. Only difference is you can keep scratching it until your heart's content~

Btw if you want to remove scratches from appearing on the objects just delete this line in the code

<T>289620<!--loot_Werewolf_Scratch--></T>

It will prevent your furniture from being scratched up

I know this was long but I hope this helps you OP and maybe even others looking for the same solution

Happy Simming y'all! :D
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetSimmer
Hey! I'm late to this but truth be told you actually inspired me to do exactly this! Kind of...

I too was looking for a way for my wolves to just scratch the place up without a care in the world. No idea why there's a hardlock on objects that have been scratched to not be scratched again until you repair them...Maybe for difficulty? Anyways

I looked for a dedicated werewolf scratching posts first, then considered making one of my own, but luckily it is MUCH easier than all that. Not sure if you're familiar with using TS4 Studio but I can give you a quick tutorial on how I managed to do this for myself.

If you open the app up, find the tuning by typing "interaction/werewolf_Scratch_Smash" or copy paste the id# "289618" in the search, and exporting into a package. From there scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see some tuning like this:

<V t="state">
<U n="state">
<T n="value">163408<!--statevalue_Pets_Cat_ScratchFurniture_Off--></T>
</U>
</V>

Delete all of this.

Basically that is part of the test the game reads which says "If the object has been scratched, it must be repaired before a werewolf can scratch it again." Which is exactly what we don't want (I'd assume based on your post)

After that just save the package! Now your werewolves can scratch all your want! The option to repair the object will still be there as well as the scratch marks which I kept in because I like the grundgy vibe it gives off. Only difference is you can keep scratching it until your heart's content~

Btw if you want to remove scratches from appearing on the objects just delete this line in the code

<T>289620<!--loot_Werewolf_Scratch--></T>

It will prevent your furniture from being scratched up

I know this was long but I hope this helps you OP and maybe even others looking for the same solution

Happy Simming y'all! :D

TS4 Studio is for TS4 though--does that code work the same for TS3? You mean we can use TS4 codes in S3PE to make tuning mods?!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
TS4 Studio is for TS4 though--does that code work the same for TS3? You mean we can use TS4 codes in S3PE to make tuning mods?!

OH! THIS IS A SIMS 3 THREAD
I COMPLETLY MISSED THIS IM SO SORRY

Shows me not to reply to junk with 0 hours of sleep under my belt..

To be honest with you, I haven't modded TS3 before or used their modding program unfortunetly BUT perhaps there are a similar forms of tests in the code? Maybe there is one for scratching and removing the way the game checks for it just like in the sims 4?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetSimmer
OH! THIS IS A SIMS 3 THREAD
I COMPLETLY MISSED THIS IM SO SORRY

Shows me not to reply to junk with 0 hours of sleep under my belt..

To be honest with you, I haven't modded TS3 before or used their modding program unfortunetly BUT perhaps there are a similar forms of tests in the code? Maybe there is one for scratching and removing the way the game checks for it just like in the sims 4?

No worries! GET SOME SLEEP!