Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 3:33 AM Last edited by justJones : 6th Feb 2014 at 8:10 PM.
The Nanny Challenge
Story:
You are a slave sold to a noble family, your job is to clean and take care of the children. Your master has an offer of 50,000 simoleons on the table for your freedom, can you do it?
Goals:
The challenge ends when you marry someone with at least 50,000 in household funds. There are two masters married to each other, one female and male. They will execute you if you fail to keep up with your cleaning duties and childcare responsibilities. Keep the house clean, keep the children in check and you just might not have your head cut off.
Beginning the Challenge:
Create two nobles, one female, one male. They must be married, try to make them look wealthy. You can give them any traits, give them the slob trait if you really want to. Now create you; make yourself look like a housekeeper you can have the neat trait if you want, you can't have the snob trait. You can make the nanny male but I'm going with female traditionally.
This is a noble's house, spend to your heart's content, make it look nice and full of money. Choose any neighborhood, any lot or house. When done, set your funds to 30,000 simillions.
Here we go - The Rules:
  • No maid service, of course. No pizzaman or eating at restaurants, everything must be a full meal prepared by YOU! The food must not be burnt and nobody may lick plates to satisfy hunger.
  • No boarding school, vacations or university
  • No cheats other than making you home in the beginning.
  • The masters or the master's children cannot cook, clean anything or touch any of the children ever. If they do so, stop them.
  • You must at least care for 2 children under the children's stage. Toddlers+babies= at least 2. The masters must make another baby(s) if this isn't the case.
  • In the meantime, meet a wealthy guy and marry him eventually.
  • You lose and get executed when your score hits -100.
  • The masters and their children are allowed to have jobs, not you.
  • Make the young adult/adult life span very long, you don't want them to die here.

Scoring:
Family
Child doesn't age up well: -30
Child dies/is taken away: -100 instant game over
Child ages up well: +30
One or both of the masters dies: -100 instant game over
+30 for every child who becomes a young adult
-
Messes
I define messes as unflushed toilets, unmade/unwashed[if you want laundry] beds, dirty objects of any kind, full trash cans, any spoiled food anywhere on the lot, any uncleaned dishes sitting around anywhere on the lot.
-2 per mess on the lot at the end of the day [12AM]
+5 no messes at the end of the day [12AM]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 4:54 AM
Cool Challenge. I might try this after I'm done with my legacy :P
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 4:26 PM
Can she have a child with the noble master husband?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by towritelove0
Can she have a child with the noble master husband?

If you want, I was thinking of doing that at first but I changed my mind. She can bear the children if you want to.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:25 PM
thanks, i'm giving this a try. seems like an awesome story line
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 12:06 AM
There's a mod I have where you can get paid for being a housewife. I haven't used it too much but I think the better you do with your family and house the more you earn. I was thinking maybe I'd implement that and save a nest egg of 50k to get out of the house. I like the idea of having the master's child. She needs to meet her Prince Charming though too, so when she hits 50k savings in her mattress or something she can move out with her child and spend the rest of her life with the man of her dreams.

Or as an alternative start off as a teen servant needing to earn so many points (translated to money) to be able to get away.

Really like the overall concept though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Secresa
There's a mod I have where you can get paid for being a housewife. I haven't used it too much but I think the better you do with your family and house the more you earn. I was thinking maybe I'd implement that and save a nest egg of 50k to get out of the house. I like the idea of having the master's child. She needs to meet her Prince Charming though too, so when she hits 50k savings in her mattress or something she can move out with her child and spend the rest of her life with the man of her dreams.

Or as an alternative start off as a teen servant needing to earn so many points (translated to money) to be able to get away.

Really like the overall concept though.

Wow, I love that. You or anyone is free to change up the challenge, you are the player. This just an idea I had, honestly I think I like the nanny having the babies more.
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 10:15 PM
That's awesome. I'm going to try that mod and
Likewise I was thinking of using a teen maid.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=bluegirl45, honestly I think I like the nanny having the babies more.[/QUOTE]

The wife had two single babies and wanted to have triplets so she slipped her husband fertility treatments. The husband and maid had am affair and then she got pregnant. The wife put two and two together and when the maid gave birth to quads she didnt fire her. To take revenge the wife made her take care of the wife's children as priority. Leaving the maids babies alone on the third floor until she has time between her duties.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 8:44 PM
The wife had two single babies and wanted to have triplets so she slipped her husband fertility treatments. The husband and maid had am affair and then she got pregnant. The wife put two and two together and when the maid gave birth to quads she didnt fire her. To take revenge the wife made her take care of the wife's children as priority. Leaving the maids babies alone on the third floor until she has time between her duties.

Wow, that's an awesome storyline! 0.o
I really like the challenges centered around giving birth, this is something that came to me. I didn't really write out a detailed storyline.
Glad you are liking the challenge!
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 7:56 AM
so,,, I have been reading about nannies, slaves, and runaways... I like nannies, I made Nanny Boo Boo and merged her into the weirdest house in Riverview (she has had her run in sunset and all the others first - but this seems the best) She has to keep the house running- her traits are: proper, neat, handy natural cook, and good sense of humor... real easy to keep the house clean... but the hard part is stay professional with the boss ( if they get too friendly I just go to the park LOL... She makes food at 6 and 12 am and pm , and puts away leftovers for the ones that get hungry off schedule, her LTW is to be a culinary librarian, which I think will be easy because she cooks so often,,, so Nanny is the only one I control and hopefully this couple I zoomed into will create heirs without my help cuz I can't touch them. Nanny will raise and take care of them thru all the generations its like the insane asylum with a different purpose lol
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 1:38 PM
Reply for 2 months!? I'm gonna change that This is an awesome challenge BTW! Nanny Challenge FTW! Go Annie! (My Nanny)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 7:37 PM
lol I was a bit startled when I checked this forum today and saw one of my challenge's bumped. I wish Annie good luck!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 4:20 AM
Sounds like a do-able challenge. I'll have to try it soon.

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:52 AM
Cool, I'm gonna try this one out.
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:27 AM
Really cool! I'm going to try it (although I really don't feel like building a nice house right now).
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 3:56 AM

I made a story based off that into my character's backstory.
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 6:13 PM
I don't really do points but I like this challenge. Maybe make the kids homeschool for an additional challenge...With NRAAS Homeschool mod.