Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 7:28 AM Last edited by justJones : 7th Feb 2014 at 5:51 PM.
Default Time Lord Challenge
So I got the idea from putumark as I was browsing challenges (here's the link to the original: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=483652) and I saw complaints with it. This one really caught my attention and I felt like there were so many places to go with it. This is my first attempt at a challenge and the idea is pretty rough with a lot of constraints (and I personally don't like challenges with a lot of rules to follow), so any suggestions on how to improve this would be great!

The Time Lord Challenge

The Time Lord

1. Must begin as a young adult (male or female)
2. Must have eccentric, insane, unstable or excitable trait (excitable only if the others are not available) and the loner trait. The rest are up to you.
3. May only travel on foot or using the LLAMA system
4. Can have a house with the basics (1 bed and a dresser; a kitchen with only a fridge, a sink, a counter and an oven; a bathroom with a toilet and a shower; a living room with entertainment). The house cannot have electronics but the Time Lord can occupy themselves with non-electronics such as books or by painting. They are allowed to use their cell phone but only for services and phone calls.
5. May only join the political, science, investigator or astronomer (space explorer branch) careers, has to reach level 10 before regeneration and must be friends with the boss.
6. Regenerates back to a Young Adult at the end of the Adult stage and change appearance (this can be done by testingcheatsenabled true and editing the time lord in Create A Sim)
7. Must move to a new city after every regeneration (once you’ve circuited the cities you’re allowed to go back to the original)
8. Must be friends with at least 3 other sims. Bosses count; Companions do not.
9. Must get married during the 3rd (and 6th if an heir is not created) regeneration
10. May only be married twice (once in the 3rd regeneration and once in the 6th). The marriage does not have to be to the companion.
11. Must have at least two children from the marriage. If the child is a full blooded Time Lord (same eye and hair color as the Time Lord) they are allowed to travel with him/her.
12. The Time Lord must leave their spouse and hybrid children after regeneration, taking only an heir if one was born.
13. The Time Lord must die after the Adult stage once the new Time Lord reaches Young Adult

The Companion
1. The Time Lord must become best friends with a potential Companion (they can be edited for appearance)
2. You are allowed to create a Companion but they must be released into the town for the Time Lord to find and must have the easily impressed and flirty traits.
3. There can only be 1 Companion at a time
4. The Companion must travel to the next city with the Time Lord where they are dropped off (kicked out) in favor of a new companion
5. The Companion must be added to the active household (this is so they travel to the next city with the Time Lord and are always around them) after the Time Lord has become best friends with them. You can’t add the Companion to the household in order to force them to be around you and to become best friends with you.
6. The Companion cannot be controlled and is only allowed to have a part-time job.
7. Must be the opposite sex from the Time Lord

Goals
1. Reach the top of your career field
2. Create a Time Lord heir
3. Master at least the *advanced technology, charisma, handiness, *inventing, logic, and *science skills before dying
*I realize that not everyone has the expansion packs for these skills, so please pick three others (painting, guitar, gardening, fishing, cooking, collecting, or athletics) to master

You Lose If
1. An heir is not created after the 6th regeneration
2. Your sim dies
3. Your sim does not get married and has not had at least 2 children before the next regeneration
4. Your companion dies while “traveling” with you (while in your active household)
5. You do not meet all of the goals
6. You have no more points *Optional

5 points for each Companion a Time Lord has become Best Friends with
5 points for each heir Time Lord created
5 points for marriage
5 points for each skill mastered
1 point for each friend a Time Lord makes
-2 points for each friend a Time Lord loses (due to not talking to them, hanging out with them, etc.)
-5 points each time the Time Lord does not remain best friends with a Companion after kicking them out
-5 points for each child created that is not an heir
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Janie_Ellie
2. You are allowed to create a Companion but they must be released into the town for the Time Lord to find and must have the easily impressed and flirty traits.
3. There can only be 1 Companion at a time
7. Must be the opposite sex from the Time Lord

The first doctor actually had three companions: Susan, Ian, and Barbara. After that, it was pretty common for him to have more than one, but usually not more than three. He's also had quite a few male companions. And very few of them had Davies' forced sexual tension.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
The first doctor actually had three companions: Susan, Ian, and Barbara. After that, it was pretty common for him to have more than one, but usually not more than three. He's also had quite a few male companions. And very few of them had Davies' forced sexual tension.

True but are you going to let facts get in the way of a well thought out Time Lord Challenge? I mean really???? Where is your sense of adventure. The doctor gets a new incarnation here on modthesims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993

That's actually a great idea! I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I began with the 9th Doctor instead of the first. It would make the challenge harder if you had to take on more than 1 companion at a time!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Janie_Ellie
That's actually a great idea! I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I began with the 9th Doctor instead of the first. It would make the challenge harder if you had to take on more than 1 companion at a time!

Don't be. Unless you were born before 1963 the likelihood that you have had an opportunity to watch is slim to none. I started with the 4th doctor when I was in K-grade way back in 1978. It was on PBS and I got so scared from one episode that just hearing the theme song could freak me out. It took me till the tenth doctor to get passed it and start watching again. I did go back and watch the reruns of the ninth doctor and I haven't missed an episode, Christmas special or revisit since. But, unless your at 15 to 20 years older than I am or have gone out of your way to find the old episodes... Trust me I have tried. You can get them on DVD but only if you want to pay more money than I can afford to spend on 6 episodes. Hulu says it has Dr. Who. I don't know if its just the new or if they have the old ones too. But, unless they do, the only way you will ever see the first episodes is by going to the BBC website and ordering the DVD's but like I said, they are expensive.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 1:35 PM
I also started with Nine, but when I realized "hey, there's an entire backlog of episodes?! That explains why everyone's calling him "Nine", I started searching.

The first episodes are pretty easy to find on the internet, except for the ones where the BBC had a strange idea of storing shows that involved a furnace. Even then, the audio exists from every single episode (due to dedicated fans who had an audio recorder but not a video recorder) and some fans put photos from production together to sort of make a visual experience. Anyway, "An Unearthly Child" - first episode - is up on Youtube and if you don't mind some ads, you can find the rest hosted online if you do some searching.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 11:29 PM
Unfortunately for me, I still live in the stone ages of internet service. It's not quite as bad as AOL but it is still Dial up. We won't even talk about what I have to go through to update my game. The ones that are available if you keep an eye open can sometimes be seen on BBC. Usually right before the start of a new season or at the end of the one they are wrapping up. The truth is though, The show was good then but it's just better now.

Funny though, I hated the Clash of the Titans growing up because the animation they used just looked fake. But, then they remade it and I hate the new one even more because it lost the heart of the original. So maybe... Watching the old Dr. Who's isn't a bad idea... I just know I would either have nightmares or simply fall asleep doing so. The Fourth Doctor still gives me the creeps.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 8:20 PM
I'm a silly person and don't know how to move cities. Can you please help me?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 6:39 AM
There are two ways to do it. The easy way, if you have Island Paradise, is to simply click on move. It will give you an option of within your current town or to a new one. If you don't have it then you will have to go into edit town evict your family from their house save them in your queue of families then load up the new town and stick them where you want them.
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 10:15 PM
Netflix actually has some older episodes of Doctor Who! There titled "Classic Doctor Who" and I squealed like a little girl when I saw them.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
Hulu says it has Dr. Who.
WEEWOOWEEWOO ALERT ALERT SOMEONE TYPED "DR. WHO" INSTEAD OF "DOCTOR WHO" ALERT ALERT WEEWOOWEEWOO