Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#1401 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:26 PM
Here is my almost finished Gilded Age town house i calling Twin Peaks! might tweek it a bit

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Theorist
#1402 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 12:07 AM
@Johnny_Bravo looks great! I wish to make something with you in pair. However I am not sure cause I already stuck with your Square Hamster

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#1403 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 1:10 AM
Here is what i have been working on for a bit! A massive Chateau inspired estate worthy of my The Gilded Age Series
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#1404 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Here is my almost finished Gilded Age town house i calling Twin Peaks! might tweek it a bit

Wow! That's a really great house, definitely my personal favourite of your creations so far! It's nice to see you building in Twinbrook too, that house looks like it suits the position well.
Forum Resident
#1405 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferguson Avenue
Wow! That's a really great house, definitely my personal favourite of your creations so far! It's nice to see you building in Twinbrook too, that house looks like it suits the position well.

Thank you so much ! And i prefer Twinbrook anyhow

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1406 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 2:00 AM
Love this view of Twinbrook from my Chateau
Looking over the kingdom
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1407 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 8:48 PM
@Victor_tor
If you want to create a house together, just pm me any time, and we will see if we can manage something

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1408 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 1:24 PM
I don't count on any command projects now since I start to work from home. It takes so much time. Much time then before. I did not expect this. Your houses always leave me puzzling about how it was done.

@Johnny_Bravo

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#1409 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 5:31 PM
A beautiful barn style farm house with plenty of porches to enjoy the outdoors in appaloosa plains i recently started! its a little different from what ive been doing !

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1410 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 6:46 PM
You guys do realize how large this thread has become when it first started right? Over 1400 posts! This is amazing !

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1411 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 11:50 AM
You guys do realize how large this thread has become when it first started right? Over 1400 posts! This is amazing !

And mostly from the same few people.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1412 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 12:36 AM
Your houses are great. Thank you!

Theorist
#1413 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 8:27 AM
@johnny_bravo may i take a look at your Queen Anne's house once more?

Forum Resident
#1414 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 11:32 PM
Whoops! I started another new project!! Think i need to stop and finish my other projects but oh well!

This is a Tudor Cottage

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#1415 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 11:02 AM
Whoops! I started another new project!! Think i need to stop and finish my other projects but oh well!

This is a Tudor Cottage

Looks good so far! Even if it is a bit on the grand side to be masquerading as a cottage.

I've almost finished my latest creation, which has been on the back burner since December 2017.

It's been heavily inspired by Mapperton, as seen in the 2015 adaption of 'Far From The Madding Crowd'. But since then I have drawn further inspiration from Trerice. I've just about finished it now, apart from some finishing touches to the interior and finishing off the landscaping outside, I've already conjured up a backstory for it too, I just need to name it, which is proving to be the biggest struggle for it at the moment. I was thinking of calling it a Grange rather than a Manor, but other than that I'm rather short of inspiration and open to suggestions.
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#1416 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 5:16 PM
Looks good so far! Even if it is a bit on the grand side to be masquerading as a cottage.

I've almost finished my latest creation, which has been on the back burner since December 2017.

It's been heavily inspired by Mapperton, as seen in the 2015 adaption of 'Far From The Madding Crowd'. But since then I have drawn further inspiration from Trerice. I've just about finished it now, apart from some finishing touches to the interior and finishing off the landscaping outside, I've already conjured up a backstory for it too, I just need to name it, which is proving to be the biggest struggle for it at the moment. I was thinking of calling it a Grange rather than a Manor, but other than that I'm rather short of inspiration and open to suggestions.

I think I remember that house I like it It's finished even with imperfections and changes made during it's life. I was reading the nomenclature on Wikipedia. Perhaps you can pick a name from that?

Quote:
Nomenclature
The prefix Tre- or Tref- is commonly found in Cornish and Welsh place names, denoting "hamlet, farmstead or estate", and dates from the 7th century Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain. About 1,300 such place names survive in Cornwall west of the River Tamar, but 3 survive in neighbouring Devon, the next adjoining county beyond the Tamar. A few instances also exist in Glamorgan, on the north side of the Bristol Channel from Cornwall. The prefix is equivalent to Anglo-Saxon suffix -tun or -ton, rare in Cornish speaking areas until the later versio -towe becomes prevalent. The second part of the place name -Rice (compare the name Price 'Son of Rice' from Ap Rhys cf. Welsh Rhys) is the name of the man who held the estate.[3]

Isn't a Grange a bit smaller?
Scholar
#1417 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 1:56 PM Last edited by Ferguson Avenue : 23rd Jul 2020 at 2:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I think I remember that house I like it It's finished even with imperfections and changes made during it's life. I was reading the nomenclature on Wikipedia. Perhaps you can pick a name from that?

Thanks, I want it to look like it's undergone some changes in its life.
I really like the quote "By Tre, Pol and Pen, Ye shall know Cornishmen" said by Richard Carew in his survey of Conrwall in 1602. It's one of the aspects of what makes Cornwall so special to so many. We've got such a unique culture on this little Celtic peninsula that exudes beautiful coastlines and landscapes too.
I fear my creation is entirely the wrong colour as far as its stonework and roofing is concerned to pass for anything Cornish (or even Devonian for that matter).
But it has got me thinking about looking up place names near to Mapperton to draw inspiration from, so thank you for that suggestion!
EDIT: The suffix of "combe" is very prevalent across most of the southwest though, so I could definitely use that in the name. Just south of Mapperton is a hamlet called 'Loscombe', it really jumps out at me on the map, along with 'Toller Whelme" and "Melplash". But I think "Loscombe Grange" has the best ring to it out of those options.

Isn't a Grange a bit smaller?

I always thought that a Grange was essentially a big fancy farmhouse, but you made me question that and so I went and looked it up in the dictionary. Turns out that it means slightly different things in different countries, but in the UK it does refer to "a large house in the countryside with farm buildings connected to it", somewhere I even saw that it was often the home of a gentleman farmer. So I guess it does qualify as a Grange because it significantly bigger than any farmhouse I've ever lived in or seen. Especially after having gone to the effort of upgrading all its fireplaces to fireproof.
dodgy builder
#1418 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 11:30 PM
I always thought that a Grange was essentially a big fancy farmhouse, but you made me question that and so I went and looked it up in the dictionary. Turns out that it means slightly different things in different countries, but in the UK it does refer to "a large house in the countryside with farm buildings connected to it", somewhere I even saw that it was often the home of a gentleman farmer. So I guess it does qualify as a Grange because it significantly bigger than any farmhouse I've ever lived in or seen. Especially after having gone to the effort of upgrading all its fireplaces to fireproof.

Oh? Good to know anyway

I'm working on very different things all the time. First an overloaded CC Palace thing:

Then a minimalist CC house from the latest exp pack:

Screenshots
Scholar
#1419 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 12:32 PM
Oh? Good to know anyway

I'm working on very different things all the time.

Wow, they both look great, and so very different in style too!
Forum Resident
#1420 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 6:57 PM
Amazing work you guys! Love seeing how much we all have grown in our building skills over the last couple years

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1421 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 3:19 PM
umm woops
i just stated this little Second Empire Victorian house yesterday!
Im really liking how its turning out

p.s. i should really finish my other projects first haha
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#1422 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 12:31 PM Last edited by Ferguson Avenue : 22nd Aug 2020 at 4:38 PM.
umm woops
i just stated this little Second Empire Victorian house yesterday!
Im really liking how its turning out

p.s. i should really finish my other projects first haha

Haha, it's a slippery slope!
Although I've just been putting the finishing touches on my Loscombe Grange, I've finally redone the landscaping so that it can easily open out on to a larger lot if needed.

Now I'm just debating whether to bother with doing the ceilings, on the one hand I know it'll look even better, especially with the amount of slanted ceilings I've got in the house, but on the other hand it would then start the tedious joys that accompany doing the ceilings...

What do you guys think?
Forum Resident
#1423 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 7:23 PM
beautiful love the gardens

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1424 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 1:51 AM
My English Tudor Castle is finally finished and ready for upload! Taking me almost a year to compete the largest and most expensive property to date!
Belonging to my Gilded Age series

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1425 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 6:27 PM Last edited by TudorMan23 : 29th Aug 2020 at 8:18 PM.
Ok so my castle is my most expensive build to date, cost over 700,000 furnished.

not sorry about that
'
And i Just uploaded my Castle!

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 57 of 98