Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 9:17 PM Last edited by Loliwo : 1st Aug 2021 at 6:47 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Black shadow square underneath plant in neighborhood view (solved)
I was not sure if this was the right forum to post this, so sorry in advance if I'm wrong!

I have a problem with one of the plants from this Macrossi's seasonal plants set. The lupin plant has a weird black square around it in the neighborhood view (see attached picture). After some more testing I found out it only happens for the summer state, so while that narrows it down a little, I don't have enough knowledge on how to fix it. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I have some basic SimPE knowledge if that is necessary to fix the item.

What I've already tried:
- It had nothing to do with placing the plant with boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation
- It had nothing to do with placing the plant with boolprop snapObjectstoGrid
- It is the same for all recolors
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 10:13 PM
Open the file in SimPE. Select seasonallupins_tslocator_gmnd, in the blocklist dropdown choose tsNoShadow, then for groundshadow change the value to 0. I think this will fix it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 6:40 AM
That didn't work, sadly.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#4 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 12:10 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 4:02 PM
Thanks again for the help, but it still doesn't seem to do anything. However, having no experience in editing BHAV files I've uploaded what the file looks like now just in case I've made a mistake.
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#6 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 5:24 PM
Just looks like are not connected to the added line, so it isn't being read. For line 0x01 change the true target to 0x02, then for line 0x02 change the true target to Return True. Hopefully this works?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 7:20 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think I know how to do that. Could you please explain how to do that in dummy instructions?
Theorist
#8 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:27 PM
Click on the 0x1 line. Then on the right hand side, look for True Target and type in 0x2. Repeat the same process for the 0x2 line, except for True Target don't put 0x2, but instead use the drop-down list and select Return True.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:43 PM
Thank you for the dummy instructions, but despite all the help I have to report back that it still doesn't change anything.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 6:01 PM
Go to seasonallupins_seasonallupins_shpe and delete the line that says groundshadow (click on that line in the "parts" tab and choose "delete" somewhere on the right) commit&save. Worked in my test, good luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 6:46 PM
Yep, that did it! Thanks!