Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:42 PM

Darren

Sam

As kids...

What were they thinking?

No signature
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
The twins inside Pregnant Samantha Ottomas aren't assigned a father in the game's code. So when they're born, they show a random Sim from the neighbourhood (including pets and female Sims) as the father.

The whole family isn't borked, just Samantha's pregnancy. If you abort it using a mod, then they should play just fine.

it says on wikia that the father could be a sim from another neighborhood, too.

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Scholar
#103 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:00 PM
I had the twins without knowing about the curse, and both babys are seemingly very healthy and unglitched. I love Mary Kate and Ashley Ottamas (Two girl twins, couldn't resist the name)
I like the mother's looks a little actually, I just can't wait to kill the grandmother. Though maybe I'll just wait until she dies on her own...it's not as fun though
Field Researcher
#104 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:25 AM
The Ottomas family twins are really creepy. I guess that's what happens when you don't check the codes to make sure they are right...

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Scholar
#105 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:22 AM
The family is unglitched if you have the patch, that's probably why they're fine for you, ebec.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Field Researcher
#106 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:46 PM
Oddly enough, despite being hideous, I've always liked the Ottomas family. In fact, Samantha just had the twins - Keith and Roberta - during my play yesterday. They're hideous, but I have hopes for Keith at least.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Field Researcher
#107 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 4:03 PM
Sometimes ugly babies can grow into gorgeous (or atleast normal looking) adults. But I don't think that's the case for the Ottomas twins...

Scholar
#108 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:41 PM
I don't have the patch
The twins turned into ugly toddlers, so I decided to kill the family in a fire :P
Field Researcher
#109 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:52 PM
I guess I'm lucky my Seasons game was infected?

Oh wait, maybe that was the family.....
Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:26 PM
I had no idea they were so much hated!
I grew kind of fond of the pregnant co-worker that spent many a night snoring, drowned in a spaghetti plate in so many of my families. And she's so nice when still awake, I never saw her involved in any negative interaction! At some point she just wakes up and leaves, alone in the dark, never complaining I did install them in a house somewhere but was too lazy to play them (too many children). Now I really want to! I like to raise ugly little sims, and I like it how the looks don't matter, when they grow up, your ugly sims can have the most beautiful sim if so you decide The Ruben brothers father monsters too, even the stupid Picasso couple.
Test Subject
#111 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:48 PM
Default My story
i have never heard for this family before ,but know that i know i went to play Sims with the ottomas family.So i moved them in a house in Pleasentview.With the Boolprop cheat (Rodney's death creator) I killed the grandmother,the girl kid and the teenage boy.(I am a very nice person ).I used tombstone of L&D to speed up the pregnancy.So then the mum had the two Ottomas kids (twins), they were a girl and a boy.I named them Mandy and Matt...i think..As babies they were ok looking.but i aged them in toddlers.And i was oh my god....They were sooooooo ugly... After that i started laughing ...And then i went to see who is their dad and it was petr that kinda made me sad ..i really wanted a dog to be the father.Anyway after that With boolprop i killed the Peter.After that with boolprop i killed the twins one of them was by satelite and the other one by old age 9funy because it is a toddler).And they were write in front of their mum while they were dieing and the mum didn't cry.All the people in the streets started crying but the mum went to watch Tv a video named family fun...how ironic.So then i gave the mum a litlle makeover.And than i adopted her a kid and it died out of starvation (Ops...i didn't see their needs)....And than I made her do some gardening.While she was gradening it came up a window tingy that informs you like when you have a promotion.Anyway it says that Mandy &Matt (the twins) died on another lot and that their spirits will stay there or something.And i am like whaaaaaaaaaaat?i have their graves on the same lot.And they died 2 days ago.And they died on the same lot..... And than the mother started crying.....this family is weired

It is nice to meet a person who can afford a million second chances but sticks to the firs one.
Instructor
#112 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:03 PM
This may be the first preset family that I ever wanted to play. I am entranced.

Okay, if the twins have no preset father, how come they always end up ugly? Does the randomly-chosen father's genetic code not affect what they end up looking like?
Field Researcher
#113 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:24 PM
Actually, we played with that family a bit and Peter's offspring with other women were also afflicted with same facial deformities. Samantha's kids with other men were normal. (We have every patch installed.)

I'd really rather fix it than punish the family, but I'm not that savvy.

In my Megahood game, I killed off the original family and recreated them in CAS. The dead ones were ancestors of the new Dora.
Instructor
#114 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:47 AM
I'm... not going to punish them. They're fun. There are nine sims in the house right now: Dora, Samantha, Peter, David, Sharla, Tommy, the twins Lucille and Randall, and Ayla the dog. I cheated and made Dora prettier with a plastic surgery mod. The babies look normal so far, although they are still babies and not toddlers...
Scholar
#115 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:04 AM
Babies have generic faces when they're just babies. It's only when they turn to toddlers that they grow into their fugliness. I tried this with a super ugly sim to see if the baby would still have the generic face. It did, but when it was a toddler it had stretched out eyes and a huge nose. :D

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Instructor
#116 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:06 AM
Aah, okay. Then I may just advance the babies' ages so that they age up to toddlers quicker. Is there anything in the baby stage that affects the way they grow? Does it make a difference whether the parents play with or cuddle them more?

I should add that the only thing I wanted to do to punish them was to name one of them Hippop. That way she'd be Hippop Ottamas. But I didn't do it. XD
Instructor
#117 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
FranH, you REALLY shouldn't do that. Apparently deleting sims directly from the sim bin using the trashcan seriously messes up your game, and is supposedly just as bad as moving occupied lots from neighborhood to neighborhood. I just found out about this myself, and have had my own game become so wrecked by this (and a few other things as well, in all fairness) that I had to do the whole re-install thing. (Even after nearly two weeks I STILL haven't finished getting back all the CC I lost, to say nothing of rebuilding all of the houses and sims.... )

Really!? I´ve done that with all families I don´t want (=MANY) and nothing bad (as far as I know) has happend to me yet. But now I´m really confused...
Theorist
#118 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 6:00 AM
I don't understand why this family is ugly? Sure David and grandma are, but others are extremely good-looking! Am I crazy?

In fact, I think that there's no way Samantha's twins could be ugly if their father was Peter. Maxis probably made the mother pregnant with the granma (David's features resemble hers, not Peters!), but changed the fathership to show Peter instead.
Forum Resident
#119 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 7:11 AM
I have never had that glitch, maybe it's the patch but even before then but anyways I dunno if this counts. I always have Samantha have her twins then run off with Priya Ramaswami, I am not sure why but it's fun to do so, I don't really care for the others that much, although Tommy Ottomas is alright when he grows up, however the family's just left to do nothing
Scholar
#120 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 10:39 AM
The infamous Ottomas family almost almost makes me want to get Seasons, just to get a chance to mess with them. Unfortunately, I run a desert hood full of hyperactive lunatics; winter wouldn't exist and summer would have to be renamed "spontaneous human combustion season."

I'm really tempted to add in an aged-down clone of the grandmother to my Strangetown just for the oddball genetics. I could turn her into a Maxis-green alien and have her be the next pollination technician...
Field Researcher
#121 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 10:55 AM
I normally don't mind having a few ugly Sims in my generations, I'm not a looks extremist, but...

After looking at the pictures of the twins in this thread, I realized that there is ugly beyond reason.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 11:14 AM
I am offended! I look just like the Octopuses!*

I do quite like them - mine live off the land, fishing, farming and playing the banjo - guitar, I mean - on their front porch. Seem friendly enough folks to those that wander by mistake onto their land. Real friendly, if ya catch my drift... And they have the biggest basement ya'll ever saw - no windows to it, but it's down there alright. And though some say there's more than fish hidden down in that there dark swamp out the back of their house, they must be mistaken, I reckon - if not, the sheriff would have surely been out there and sorted things out long ago...

Having written this out I may now have to play them again and do a proper horror photo-story starring the Ottomases This surely must have been done before?

(*Good grief, not really!)
Forum Resident
#123 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 12:37 PM
I have not had one problem with the family in any neighborhood...no really! Well, maybe exhaustion from trying to keep Gramma Dora's aspiration meter in the green (it is rarely yellow) while she is living in their house.

The only way I could keep her from dying of old age was to move her out of the house so she had time for her own interests and friends and accumulate enough Aspiration Rewards to get the Elixir of Life.
She's living a lovely life in Strangetown and with a hair, makeup and wardrobe makeover looks really hip and cool.

I've played the family in every neighborhood and the twins and father are always average looking sims... no canine dads, no glitches.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Mad Poster
#124 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 2:46 PM
I don't see the point in punishing them for being homely. Anyway, the genetics of my most prolific CAS sims have produced much uglier children, who include some of my favorites (and also the sexiest sims in the game, lightning bolts with practically everybody) and I've found that if you play them enough to like them and fiddle with the hair a bit you stop minding. Those bags under the eyes can be covered up with glasses and then you don't have to look at them.

I did get mad at them right after the twins were born because they were always getting in each other's way, but that was partly my fault for putting them in an untested house (The Cape Cod - take the walls out of the kitchen, widen that upstairs hall, and enclose the dormers before extreme weather hits) and partly a result of twins occurring before the player has a chance to get a handle on running the family. I've sent David to Sim State, where he's pledged the frat and finished his first semester on the dean's list and turned Sharla into a family sim as she's clearly not going to have time for any other kind of aspiration. She takes Tommy to the park a lot and now that the twins, Ted and Theodora, are in school will start taking them, too. Dora died, as Sharla was growing up, while potty-training little Ted, which traumatized him, but he's all right now.

Dora's urn has been sitting on the homework desk for three days now. She's the first death in my game and I've been waiting to see how the ghosts work, but so far no sign of her.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#125 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 3:36 PM
The Ottomas family in my game died in a fire and the newly born baby was taken away. Hehe..

Playing Sims 3.
Page 5 of 15