Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 12:23 AM
Default Maxis Neighborhoods and Subhoods
I have a hunch that, while there's lots of brilliant original neighborhoods out there (I mean, there's already a thread full of pictures of them), there's also a lot of Simmers who don't have the patience to build up their entire city from scratch, and instead go for improving the various neighborhoods that shipped with the game. So, for those of you who think your Pleasantview is more pleasant, your Strangetown stranger, or your Belladonna Cove... bella-i-er? (the pattern fell apart there), show us what you got! Have you transformed Three Lakes into a gorgeous mountaintop ski resort? Does Académie Le Tour look like a true Ivy League school in your game? Show off how you've one-upped Maxis in your game!

I'll start with what I've done with the standard Downtown- not much of a coherent theme to this neighborhood, but you can see how much more built up I've made it (and probably recognize a few of my skyscrapers in there ).
Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 12:13 PM
How did you make downtown not dark?

BTW, I have way too many of your lots in my game Zarathustra. My computer grunts at you! :D
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 2:27 PM
You toggle the day-night switch in options.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 2:51 PM
Or press L on keyboard. Works in neighborhood View and lot view.

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 3:34 PM
@Zarathustra
The only word that comes to mind right now is: WOW (pronounced W-O-W!).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 5:09 PM
Oh, come on guys! I'm glad you like mine, but I want to see some of YOUR Maxis neighborhoods too!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.