Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 6:57 PM
Default Glitch With Size of Thumbnail on Downloads Page
After updating the cover image of an established thread, I noticed that the thumbnail for that particular download on the download's page is much larger than the other images and covers up the title, post date and category.

Inspecting the HTML confirmed that all other images on the page are compressed to 225x225 pixels while the new thumbnail is only compressed to 360x360 pixels.

Unfortunately, the image compression automatically done by the web site is not something I can fix on the user side and inline HTML editing is only a temporary solution.

Could this glitch be an unintended consequence of recent updates to the upload manager or current work in progress?

Hoping to see this transitory issue resolved soon, with regards,

SallyCompaq122
Screenshots
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 9:40 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for the bug report! It could be a side effect of the fact that it's an absolutely square image - usually the thumbnail resizes tries to fit it into either 360 wide *or* 225 high. In this case, I guess it went for both at 360.

I'll take a look at it!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi there,

Thanks for the bug report! It could be a side effect of the fact that it's an absolutely square image - usually the thumbnail resizes tries to fit it into either 360 wide *or* 225 high. In this case, I guess it went for both at 360.

I'll take a look at it!

Thanks for the reply. I shaved one pixel off the top of the image and it presents correctly now.