Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 12:42 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 20th Jul 2021 at 6:21 PM.
In fact, I created a score of television channels with the official trailers and shorts of the sims 2, but I have not published them yet because I would like to add effects to the audio so that they sound like real TV programs. (When I tried them in my game I saw that it was sometimes confused with the ambient sound xD. I also saw that it is more appropriate that each clip lasts a few seconds. I also i want create many ads, since they are the clips that are on TV the longest.) I am also thinking of adding texts in simlish.

Here are some of the ones I did as a test xD

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cpxf...ls_test.7z/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ljhc...okisims.7z/file
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 8:20 PM
This wasn't my doing, but someone made a neighborhood storytelling picture where they combined different frames of the dance animation to make a sim look like she's twerking

I'm not very creative, the best thing I've done I think is just make a teens-only community lot that's an abandoned house they sneak into to party and do illegal rebellious teenager things. That, or the "Glass Manor" I built for a celebrity, where the front is covered by windows, and has nice rooms they never use bc they're for show, and the back has one big bed/bath/kitchen/studio room, and no door to the back garden

Oooh, or actually, I came up with a system for Veronaville: the Capps always go to uni, and the Montys never, because the Capps value business and success, so they see uni as essential, while the Montys value family and the family business more, so they prefer their kids start a family and work in the culinary career rather than going to uni

This is the third time I edit this, may do again if something comes to mind lol
Field Researcher
#28 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Not intended as a competition, don't feel down! I think that's a super neat idea. Perhaps you can show us a picture of how you did it? I love apartments so always down to see more cool apartment setups

Thank you! Here's the screenshot of the lot I recently started working on: the idea is to have a TS4-like open neighborhood using Apartment Life, with some public space like the playground. The apartment mailbox will probably sit in that fake bus stop. It will probably have a lot of CC once I actually get around organizing my Downloads folder.
This is a situation where I wish we had those 100x100 Castaway lots, they would be perfect for this, at least to give the lot access to more roads and place more Sim portals. But so far, all they do is crash, which is not surprising, to be honest. Side note: I had some issues when editing the actual road and then moving the lot; I'll have to look into that and see if there's a way to fix it.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#29 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
This is a situation where I wish we had those 100x100 Castaway lots, they would be perfect for this, at least to give the lot access to more roads and place more Sim portals. But so far, all they do is crash, which is not surprising, to be honest. Side note: I had some issues when editing the actual road and then moving the lot; I'll have to look into that and see if there's a way to fix it.

Looks cool!

I think you can add as many portals as you want. https://modthesims.info/d/251392/portal-revealer.html And you can edit the lot with LotAdjuster and SimPE to make more of the roads functional in that cars will go on them. Like the corner lot that the Broke trailer is on. Is that what you mean? I make corner lots frequently because I can't stand a road that is not functional.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Looks cool!

I think you can add as many portals as you want. https://modthesims.info/d/251392/portal-revealer.html And you can edit the lot with LotAdjuster and SimPE to make more of the roads functional in that cars will go on them. Like the corner lot that the Broke trailer is on. Is that what you mean? I make corner lots frequently because I can't stand a road that is not functional.

Yes, I was planning on unlocking more roads like on the Broke lot (I actually have a park in one of my neighborhoods that has access to the road on all sides, with more portals, etc.), but this is already the largest lot size, so I can't go higher. Maybe if I start on a smaller lot, that will give me extra tiles to use for the road.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 6:44 PM
Cool mate54 Not how I imagined it, I was thinking more a long row, but having a big one with a road in the middle to divide a big lot into two sides is pretty clever I've never messed with portals or roads in my game, so very neat to see.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 10:05 PM
Speaking of lots, I did once make a lot with small stream running through it-and placed it repeatedly on one row, to make it look like a river.

Although the most creative lot I've ever done was a more or less accurate representation of where I grew up-and that's not an ordinary statement either.
The house is a very old New England style house with 4 interconnected buildings, including a barn. I had fun trying to put it to scale and also all the outside landscaping, which included a large side yard and lovely back yard with a a brook running through it.
Placed it on the very largest lot in the game, and it didn't play very well being so large, but at least I tried!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#33 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 8:20 PM
Most creative thing I've done - madeover every single sim in my genderswapped uberhood to look as close to their OG counterpart, without CC, and then recreated every single neighbourhood/storytelling image. Took me FOREVER but I'm glad I made the effort.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 8:39 AM
It's my Pleasantview Epic Challenge where I'm creating my own renditions of the Pleasantview family ancestors from the colonization of the town starting at the turn of the 17th century and playing it into modern times.I've got some Pleasant family ancestors as a young couple of colonial settlers.I've also got some Goth family ancestors as well.I'll be using Mods to Mod out having all children and kids attanding school and also Modded out social workers taking children away.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 10:05 PM
I take a lot of screenshots when I play, because I enjoy being able to go back and relive my Sims lives. And whenever I start up a household I haven't played in a while I go back in their screenshots and see what they got up to last time, to get a feel for what I was doing with that family. And lately I've been experimenting with ways to convey changes to make them feel more realistic. My hood has been going through a grow-up spree. Somehow all the generation 4 kids in core family ended up growing up within like 4 days of each other, so lots of new rooms being decorated for the toddlers now wanting a room of their own.

If there's one thing I sort of miss in Sims, it's being able to convey moving or decorating your home. There's probably pose boxes out there, but I've not come across any and either way would be fiddly to get objects to match the hands, to make it look like someone is carrying a sofa or whatever furniture is being moved in. All of my Sims move a lot, because they live long lives and it can get boring for me to look at the same house over and over. Plus I really enjoy the decorating part of Sims, so it's fun to get to figure out what to do with a new space. And to me it adds realism, because most people I know do move at least 3-4 times in their lives. You move to go to college, then you move in to a smaller apartment as you are just starting out, then as your economy gets better you get a bigger apartment or maybe a rowhouse, and then later in life as you need more space for kids you move to a house. But with the lack of moving-type interactions, I always struggle with how to sort of explain the change of house in that family's album, and have it feel cohesive and like the story still has a red line in picture form.

So I've been getting creative using in-game things to try and suggest a make-over taking place and Sims moving objects around. Mia-Majas nursery had half-walls so that her mother could keep an eye on her while working on her paintings, and now she's a child she needs full walls so she can have some privacy. And of course she needs furniture and toys and stuff.

I wish I had more energy to sorta decorate half and then take a picture, so you could see the room gradually take place, but I'm not very good at having the full vision from the start. I sorta pick a corner, do something and see where it takes me, and things get moved around a lot before it's done. And then when done too lazy to take things away and put em back after screenshot, so I settle for being careful with angles. But I'm still really pleased with how it comes out, because at least there's some hint in the visual story that these things were being put in place and that's why there's now a new room for Mia-Maja to call her own.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 2 of 2