Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 10:18 AM
Default Basketball court floor tiles
How do you lay a basketball court with the court floor tiles??
How do you put the court where you want, in the direction you want, without it going wrong? How do you lay the other half of the court?
I feel I am missing something really simple, but in all these years of playing the game (sims, not basketball!) I have never understood these tiles.
Thanks.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 10:40 AM
Those tiles can only be placed in an exact place, you can't turn them around. They are never used from what I can tell. Personally I always use the rug since that actually can be maneuvered.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 10:43 AM
Ah thanks. So I'm not missing anything, except that I'm embarassed to say I have never noticed that rug, but in my defence, I always use carpet tiles for rugs!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VirtualAlex
Ah thanks. So I'm not missing anything, except that I'm embarassed to say I have never noticed that rug, but in my defence, I always use carpet tiles for rugs!

I've been playing Sims 2 since it first came out and I've also never noticed the rug Maybe I'll actually make a basketball court now.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 12:56 PM
I just did!
Alchemist
#6 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VirtualAlex
I just did!

I did it like this, just using moveobjects. I confess, I don't know really know what a basketball court looks like, so it looks fine to me.
Screenshots
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 8:25 AM
to correct my earlier statement, you can rotate the floor tile, but it won't look like a basketball court anymore.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
Also helps to sometimes rotate the object using the < or > key on the keyboard if you are having trouble rotating any object with the mouse.

(edit) O you said floor tiles sorry

You can rotate floor tiles, but not all floor tiles can be rotated and still maintain their original looks (I don't think any of the ones that go beyond 1x1 tile). These you have to use the original rotation for if you want to keep the original pattern. And for some keyboards it's the , and . keys. There's plenty of interesting rugs to make with the 1x1 rugs - you can even do half tiles.

You can always do the basketball court floor first, and build around it. It's probably easier using the basket ball items or rug, though. Too bad you can't put them facing each other and have sims actually play a full game together (same with the football/soccer goal), because that would've been really neat. For show only...