Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 3:42 AM Last edited by Wes Janson : 15th Jun 2021 at 4:02 AM. Reason: typo
Default Looking to make emotions with no (invisible) moodlets... Advice?
Hey guys. I'm very new to modding. My intention was to create a mod that will basically be copies of all of the main emotions in the game, and change the emotional state of the Sim (as well as their portrait), and also have no visible moodlet. So, I could take a screenshot of my Sims' portraits in various emotional states without the moodlets getting in the way.

I've poked around and tried to add in traits and moodlets into the game, and then give them to my Sims in various ways -- none of them seem to work. I can add a trait, for example, and the game recognizes the trait. But the intended emotional state that I set inthe modding tools has no effect in actual gameplay. So, I really could use some advice. Ideally, I would have a quick and easy way to put a sim into an emotional state with no moodlets visible, so I can screenshot the portrait.

I have noticed in the game that sometimes, an NPC sim will randomly be in an emotional state with no visible moodlet! But I cannot seem to replicate this on the Sims I want to affect.

Thanks for your time. All ideas are welcomed.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:42 PM
I recommend taking a look at this mod's "emotional" module, it does what you want other than the visible buffs: https://chippedcupanddustybooks.tum...-that-gives-you
If you open it and add a <T n="visible">False</T> to each Buff tuning, that should cover what you need for a personal mod.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
I recommend taking a look at this mod's "emotional" module, it does what you want other than the visible buffs: https://chippedcupanddustybooks.tum...-that-gives-you
If you open it and add a <T n="visible">False</T> to each Buff tuning, that should cover what you need for a personal mod.

Thank you so much for the reply! I kind of figured this was a long shot. I will have a look at that mod, and see what I can reverse engineer. So much appreciated. ????