Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Imagine what TS4 would be like if it had the subtle and humor of TS1...

If TS4 had the humour of TS1 I'd forgive half of its faults. Note how I say half. Some things are just not forgivable like lack of Create a Style. I just can't get over the lack of it. It baffles me. You introduce an amazing concept and then take it away.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
If TS4 had the humour of TS1 I'd forgive half of its faults. Note how I say half. Some things are just not forgivable like lack of Create a Style. I just can't get over the lack of it. It baffles me. You introduce an amazing concept and then take it away.

I would surmise that the people that produced Create A Style were not the same people that worked on TS4 CAS. I could be wrong about it, but I'd think that if I, as a programmer, did something amazing in a previous version of a project, and it stood the test of time, that I'd do my damndest to do it again in the current version. Of course, the powers over me could say no (though it would comodulate my brain to no end as to why - I still can't understand why they continued with the bouncing camera [yeah, yeah, I know, I know, some people love it - but some people loved Create A Style, too]).

As Gargoyle Cat said, it's their game. They do what they want to do.
But then they have the nerve to say things like "We hear you!" and "Tell us what you want . . ."
But at least they continue to give us build/buy stuff - whether we want it or not.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Scholar
#28 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
It gets annoying to keep track of my sims in a completely open world. Even in 4 they will run of to talk with people instead of focusing on the items on the lot they're on.

That is more about tuning though. In an open world, the house lot could still work as some kind of 'soft' border. Where the game only allows certain actions for free will outside the lot. In TS3 the world is open, but your sims don't just leave the lot to visit the park on their own for example.
And with open world the game is gonna waste resources simulating stuff I don't care about. I like to focus on my own sims. It doesn't need to simulate the day-to-day life of every single sim in real time, that's going to get taxing for the game and give more possibility for corruption/screw ups in game.

Fair enough that you don't care about that. But in terms of performance, NRAAS mods managed to do that quite nicely. And those are mods. They showed that TS3 was just not optimized. It also has nothing to do with potential corruption of saves. Anyway, there is also the immersion side of things. Wouldn't you want to see the neighbours in your street leave and enter their house for work, going out etc? This is something I loved in TS3. And what made TS4 feel very disconnected to me in that aspect.
Loading screens are not that bad. It isn't 2004 anymore, hardware and software has improved, and loading times in games aren't actually that long.

Well, I guess it depends on how often and how long those loading screens are. Which comes down to optimization. That works both ways ofc, Both for loading screens and simulating a larger open neighbourhood or world.
There was just this big push from AAA publishers to make *every* game open world, I think some people forget that games can work well without it and not all games are suited for it.

Sure. But when TS3 was released that big push for open worlds wasn't there yet. But I guess it comes down to preference then. For me it is important for immersion that the neighbourhood plays like a neighbourhood. Atm, in TS4 it is just your lot and some background where they hired extras for the street to make it look more alive. In TS3 I usually ended up with mostly player made families in neighbourhoods after a while and it was nice to see them going about their business on the other side of the road. The whole marrying, moving etc was nice to see happen. [/QUOTE]
Sorry if it sounds a bit ramble-y, I'm not always good at expressing myself.

I think I understood But I read the same what I so often read. Potential performance issues (which I understand) and lack of control over other sims. Considering how old and poorly optimized TS3 is and they still managed to create a nice story progression through mods, just imagine what would be possible now. That is how I think anyway.
To me TS4 is not a fair presentation of what is possible. This has to do with how they had to change major design half way through. Meanwhile while acting as if they always intended this outcome. They deliberately set the bar lower because of that.
EDIT: Sry for late reply, I always forget where I posted :/
Forum Resident
#29 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Many Simmers posted as to what they think is lacking in 4. Why some of us think the game is too shallow, why it does not hold our attention long for many for us. Why folks like me have fired up the game only a few times in the past year.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...ack-august-19th

Do not think I saw this here before so sorry if a duplicate.

This is another way to make players speak about the game ... in the wind... :D

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Page 2 of 2