Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 4:57 PM
Trying find a string.package responsible of Pre-Made Sims names.
Does anyone know which string.package is responsible for translating the name and surnames of premade NPC-Sim and Premade Sims (by Maxis)?

I want to change the names of these Sims in every game in my native language pt_BR to en_US.

In short I will put the english names in the portuguese files. But I'm not finding the string.package responsible for changing the Sims' own first and last name (NPC and premade by Maxis) that are translated by default languages, example "Bella Goth" on portuguese string is "Laura Caixão", what I'll do is when I play o The Sims 4 in portuguese pt_BR, "Laura Caixão" name shows "Bella Goth" like as in english string (since she is a Sim pre-created by Maxis) maybe translate it manually (with Sims4Studio or voky translator) or any better method. Thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 3:17 PM
Hi! This is in the Sim Spawner Tuning, you can find it in Sims4Studio, Extract Tuning and search for ID: 8667002510211653114
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lot51
Hi! This is in the Sim Spawner Tuning, you can find it in Sims4Studio, Extract Tuning and search for ID: 8667002510211653114

Hi then. It's not what I want yet. These files you refer me to are for new generated sims. What I'm looking for is to rename (first and last name) the existing Sims created by Maxis through mod, like; NPCs (Crumplebottom, etc) or pre-made families (Landgraab, Goth etc) and your Sims inside (Nancy and Bela etc). I imagine it's due to "the new Maxis 2020 string language detector system", but I don't know which file.