Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IslaParadiso.world with Fixes applied [update 2013.11.29]

by ellacharmed Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 6:57 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2014 at 11:44 AM by ellacharmed : fixes as reported by Trickai

268 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 11
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 3:52 PM
If you don't have Saves or other CC, it might just be best to start over with a clean user folder. Playing Sims on a laptop with a 1.6GHz GPU is not recommended, though. Unless, you can afford to have it replaced after a few months. Which is not so heartbreaking if you have the budget to spare, compared to the loss of data, if the HDD is also "fried" from the overheating.
Field Researcher
#77 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 5:09 PM
Yeah, I've been planning to move my sims stuff to my desktop, but at the moment my desktop can't handle sims 3 either (2 GB of RAM and I think it has the equivalent of my laptop's processor and a really crappy graphics card that I've been meaning to replace) so I'm just waiting until I can upgrade it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 9:10 PM
Three cheers for ellacharmed! Hip! Hip! HOORAY! Hip! Hip! HOORAY! Hip! Hip! HOORAY!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@StPatrick,
Folks would really want that? O_o
Done - http://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/20.../isla-paradiso/

Thanks; admittedly, it's a little more for my sake than anyone else's. I want to make a few tweaks that I do every game (changing the bar into an actual Nightlife bar; adding an actual coffee stand to the cafe; etc.).

Additionally, as you may know, if you have the EPs installed, the game will automatically place the appropriate lots in the world. But given that it always picks stupid-ass places, I've decided to do it myself.
THANKS POST
#80 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 5:25 AM
Testing now cheers for making the effort to fix things that EA them self should do.
THANKS POST
#81 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 1:39 AM
All you people who take the time and share and create brilliance is an understatement.........
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 3:32 AM
Thank you so much for the time you've spent fixing all these maps to make them playable for us, I really appreciate it.
THANKS POST
#83 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 11:37 AM
Thanks You
Test Subject
#84 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 12:18 PM
I'm using J-Zip and I can't seem to get all the files into the "Worlds" folder without them overwriting each other. I have renamed the files "IslaParadiso.part01" ,"IslaParadiso.part02" etc but when I open them in J-Zip they just appear as "IslaParadiso.world" and they overwrite each other when extracted into the folder. What am I doing wrong?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 1:12 PM
They are not overwriting each other, they are joined. You should get one "IslaParadiso.world" file with size of 96.2 MB. Did j-zip created that?
Test Subject
#86 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 11:17 PM
Thanks for the attempt. It didn't help my game though. : ( Specifically, I installed the updated world, cleared out the various caches, and verified via checking for the three arches that the correct world is in use, but I still get repeated lag spikes at around 10pm in-game, making the game unplayable. This only occurs in Isla Paradiso.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 11:58 PM
So thankful for your world fixes. Without wonderful, generous people like you the Sims would not even be playable. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#88 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 1:18 PM
i dont understand it.
i downloaded all parts, "isla paradiso part 01 - 08.
JUST extracted part 01.... ok
i put this extracted world file from windows download folder into program files x86 / electronic arts /[...]/worlds
but whats about the other parts? part 02 - 08?
im confused.
where should i put these files?
and if i extract them, it tells me "file is damaged"
i use 7zip.
(sry for my english, im from germany)
i was so happy to see this fixed world download...
i done everything you told, but it still freezed every two minutes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 2:24 PM
thanks!
Field Researcher
#90 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NinTenCat
i dont understand it.
i downloaded all parts, "isla paradiso part 01 - 08.
JUST extracted part 01.... ok
i put this extracted world file from windows download folder into program files x86 / electronic arts /[...]/worlds
but whats about the other parts? part 02 - 08?
im confused.
where should i put these files?
and if i extract them, it tells me "file is damaged"
i use 7zip.
(sry for my english, im from germany)
i was so happy to see this fixed world download...
i done everything you told, but it still freezed every two minutes.

Did you remove everything in the file name before "IslaParadiso" before extracting?

I use 7zip also and if you right click on the first file and select "extract here" it will automatically process and concatenate (stick back together) all 8 files. You don't need to worry about the other files after the first one, 7zip handles it all. Just ignore the other files, I keep it all as an archive in case I have to reinstall but other than that - the only thing you care about is the .world file at the end.

My resulting .world file is 98,545 Kb although I notice that in an earlier posting EllaCharmed says the expected file size is 96.2 Mb - so hopefully that is not a problem. Hopefully she is just being rigorous and using the actual 1024 bytes = 1 KB instead of the shorthand that leads most people to just write 98,545 KB as 98.5 MB (it isn't really, it's actually about 96.235 Mb, so probably that's the answer).

Anyway, I did end up with a concatenated .world file and will go and run it here shortly to see if things improve for me.

I have never seen so much route failure in my life, this has got to be the worst world ever. I especially like it when they route fail in the water, and in nearly empty rooms...

If I don't answer a direct question on the technical forums, I didn't see it. Feel free to PM me.
Test Subject
#91 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 8:34 PM
My file is 98,545 KB as well
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 6:33 AM Last edited by Havelock : 16th Feb 2014 at 6:54 AM.
Ellacharmed I found another Problem with IP. The Arias Family enter the home lot at the Point where the red circles are and get stuck there which causes lag. Overwatch counts them not as stuck Sims, so the lag is forever until I reset them manually.
Edit: The Arias Family got moved there its the lot where Rubisel Ichtaca initially lives.

Lab Assistant
#93 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Havelock
Ellacharmed I found another Problem with IP. The Arias Family enter the home lot at the Point where the red circles are and get stuck there which causes lag. Overwatch counts them not as stuck Sims, so the lag is forever until I reset them manually.
Edit: The Arias Family got moved there its the lot where Rubisel Ichtaca initially lives.

Delete the Lot, and Move the family to a new one. Thats what I did. Fixed the problem. (and i mean delete the lot altogether, no empty lot. Just normal empty beach with no lot on it)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 12:05 AM
Thank you SO MUCH, ella! I'm literally screaming in my chair, I've been waiting for ages to play Isla Paradiso without stupid frickin' routing errors and lag. I still get the occasional lag, but I don't care about that! If anyone's wondering, this is what I did.
-Went to ellacharmed.wordpress.com, clicked Island Paradise and downloaded the .world file from Google Drive.
-Copy the file I downloaded and pasted it into the "Worlds" folder at C:/Program Files x86/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Island Paradise/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds and replaced the existing "IslaParadiso.world" file with the one I downloaded.
-Cleared my cache.
-Launched up Sims 3.
-Started new town with Isla Paradiso.
-Went to Edit Town and removed all houseboats with families owning them and removed the "Scott" and "Prince" families.
-Created a new sim and bought a cheap house.
-It was basically lag free!
Test Subject
#95 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 1:35 PM
Thanks for this wonderful fix *_* but i have a question. in this world you can buy how many builds ( Real Estate Business)? because after the fix just have 3 i think that before have more like the theater and the police department
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 1:32 PM
OMG! You guys get hung up on the weirdest things! No, I don't convert the file sizes, I didn't need to, I just use Windows Explorer. That is the value that is reported, the MB. And just to put this to bed, the image also shows the file size in KB, as reported by Explorer.

@Havelock,
Thanks for the image.
Yes, that has been reported just recently. And my attempts to correct it has not been successful. See http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...97&postcount=56

@thenw1show,
hope you didn't skip the step of making a backup first.

@grazirox,
I have no idea. How many are there in the Original one?
I don't think any of the fixes messed up anything regarding that functionality. This is a new game, right?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#97 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 1:55 PM
@ellacharmed,
I think is 10 like the all others worlds, but give just 3 to buy, the bistro/spa, Supermarket and Bookstore/office
i don't know if its a problem with this world or it's the fix , because i didn't play with this world much because of the many lags, now that i put the fix I'm playing more (thanks to the fiz :D)
Test Subject
#98 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 12:41 AM
I haven't seen this issue addressed before, but after replacing the world (yes I extracted in order, YES I deleted everything from the file names before the name of the world, no I didn't have any worldcache to delete so I didn't, deleted other caches and files that other people suggested) I get this error saying that the Isla Paradiso disc was not found, or I get a message saying there was an error loading the world itself when I get far enough to play.

Should I just redownload it or what?
Test Subject
#99 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:20 AM
Question and this is for anyone who knows.
If I would like to play this fixed world but prefer to have legacy content is that the same?
What I mean is, would this fixed world have spoilers or is it like the new world just fixed?

I currently play IP at patch 1.67 but I am very new to all of the content because I tend to build an elaborate home lot before doing anything in the game and I move in my sims from the other world that I have played previously. Now that my home lot is built and they are moved in, I am starting to explore and play the world.

I started looking for help with lag fixes and discovered this thread. I want to install this fixed version and move my sims in with nraas but the only thing holding me back is the spoiler factor. For instance, are unchartered islands still unchartered in the fixed version? Is it a new Island Paradise with nothing unlocked yet, just fixed? The content of the Legacy IP world that I am presently playing is basically still unlocked, it is perfectly okay to start the world over and move my IP home & sims in again but I just can't find any understanding as to whether installing this world would allow me to start over just fixed.

thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#100 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:11 PM
Thank you!
Page 4 of 11