Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 12:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Apartment/community lot won't load a family
I downloaded The Village Café https://curiousb.livejournal.com/43511.html and made slight aesthetic changes but kept the same functional stuff. I also downloaded this mod https://modthesims.info/d/352602/ap...e-same-lot.html so the cafe part is functional. The lot is a bit laggy but not anything extreme. I played families in apartments but this was the first time I had a 'community lot' inside it. I don't recall putting any other mod related objects and the lot doesn't have a lot of objects and cc giving its size. I tried moving in three orphaned teens I play but the family never loaded, it was loading for more than a hour before I shut the game down. Next I moved them out and tried removing every community object that could spawn an NPC then moving them again but it's still the same. My last plan was to move in a single sim from a family bin and he also didn't load like the previous family. What should I do? Any easy ideas?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 1:22 PM
Apartment/community lots are buggy. I have a couple and they frequently break, however I can usually play them at least for a while.

Have you got testing cheats enabled when you try to load the lot? Often hanging is due to an error and you can delete the item if reset doesn't work. Not ultimately helpful if it makes the apartment unplayable; I get apartment nanny/butler controller errors and those delete fine. Deleting apartment controller makes the lot unplayable (until move out/in).

You can try a 50/50 with a copy of the hood.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Apartment/community lots are buggy. I have a couple and they frequently break, however I can usually play them at least for a while.

Have you got testing cheats enabled when you try to load the lot? Often hanging is due to an error and you can delete the item if reset doesn't work. Not ultimately helpful if it makes the apartment unplayable; I get apartment nanny/butler controller errors and those delete fine. Deleting apartment controller makes the lot unplayable (until move out/in).

IT WORKED! It literally loaded in 2 mins. Thank you so much!!! I always thought it was annoying in 90% of time when these errors appear. I never thought it as a solution for slow loading.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 12:05 PM
What was the error? If you run it through What Caused This, it might help you actually fix the problem. Just deleting a faulty controller will help you play, but not fix the issue completely.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 3:37 AM
In my experience, bad CC (mostly) causes issues only in live mode, so it's hard to catch the problematic objects in buy/build mode only. When you load a lot with bad CC in live mode (with a family in the lot) the lot won't load until that object is removed. The only way to do this in-game is by enabling testingcheats, so the game can delete it instead of forever trying to reset it (and ultimately doing nothing). Then, the family will load.

Twice I have added some bad cc into a lot when the household was already loaded, and when I went to live mode, the game was frozen; as if it was in pause, but time wasn't moving forward and the sims weren't moving either. It was until I enabled testingcheats that it threw an error for that object, deleted it, and the game worked again (:
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq

This helped me. Thank youu. I also started using this cheat for other lots cause they load faster. For some reason it's always and only Chili Corn Crane menu item lmao. Why? It's literally a Maxis meal.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
In my experience, bad CC (mostly) causes issues only in live mode, so it's hard to catch the problematic objects in buy/build mode only. When you load a lot with bad CC in live mode (with a family in the lot) the lot won't load until that object is removed. The only way to do this in-game is by enabling testingcheats, so the game can delete it instead of forever trying to reset it (and ultimately doing nothing). Then, the family will load.

Twice I have added some bad cc into a lot when the household was already loaded, and when I went to live mode, the game was frozen; as if it was in pause, but time wasn't moving forward and the sims weren't moving either. It was until I enabled testingcheats that it threw an error for that object, deleted it, and the game worked again (:

I did this and was convinced that community objects cause the issue. Turns out it was a 4t2 menu board . Imagine such an insignifcant item to cause such a problem?