Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 3:40 PM
S-Club eyelash meshes?
Can anyone tell me what the S-Club eyelash meshes do? I want to install the eyelashes but I don't know what the meshes are for and don't like to install things on my game that I don't understand.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maryajoao
Can anyone tell me what the S-Club eyelash meshes do? I want to install the eyelashes but I don't know what the meshes are for and don't like to install things on my game that I don't understand.

They are sets of eyelashes that are independent of the EA eyelashes. There are different looks, instead of "every Sim's lashes are the same" appearance. Some have lower lashes, which EA does not. They are used with a set of sliders, length and position, to custom position them... useful if you have Sims with very exotic eye shapes.

I use the ones that are set as eyeliner. Also, Nraas Master controller to allow multiple make up per location, so I can have eyelashes AND eyeliner.

One issue is that they may show hard thru some hairs. I forget where I saw the fix, but there IS a set out there. The fix is to change the overlay priority to 2, using s3pe.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
They are sets of eyelashes that are independent of the EA eyelashes. There are different looks, instead of "every Sim's lashes are the same" appearance. Some have lower lashes, which EA does not. They are used with a set of sliders, length and position, to custom position them... useful if you have Sims with very exotic eye shapes.

I use the ones that are set as eyeliner. Also, Nraas Master controller to allow multiple make up per location, so I can have eyelashes AND eyeliner.

One issue is that they may show hard thru some hairs. I forget where I saw the fix, but there IS a set out there. The fix is to change the overlay priority to 2, using s3pe.

Thank you for the reply! I already knew all of that but I don't get what an eyelash mesh is, cause there is one for males and females that you have to install in order for the S-Club eyelashes to work. I doubt it will cause my game any problems but I'd still like to understand better why it's necessary.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 9:05 PM
From what I understand, a mesh is needed because it is the base/foundation in order for the other part(s) of the cc to work properly.

S-Club Eyelashes Design CASP Fix
https://buckleysims.tumblr.com/post...ome-except-when

S-Club's eyelashes converted for children and toddlers with two new sliders but S-Club eyelash sliders must be deleted and replaced. Someone recommended these to me so I'll pass it along in case anyone else might be interested.
https://sketchbookpixels.wixsite.co...at-those-lashes

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maryajoao
Thank you for the reply! I already knew all of that but I don't get what an eyelash mesh is, cause there is one for males and females that you have to install in order for the S-Club eyelashes to work. I doubt it will cause my game any problems but I'd still like to understand better why it's necessary.

Everything you see in TS3 has a mesh and image texture. Mesh is the body, or anything 3d. The eyelashes work fine for me, so aside from changing the overlay priority, I have never had a reason to dig into the packages much. I know the textures are 1024 x 1024, to give better detail, so the UV is different from EA standard.

That they work with the S-Club sliders, I imagine they are specifically boned for that purpose. EA lashes won't work with the sliders.

Easiest thing to do is install them in a test folder and try them.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 2:15 AM
The simplest way to put it is, if you don't install the mesh, you can't see the eyelashes.

They provide a background, if you like, for the eyelashes that sit on top of the mesh.

No mesh, no eyelashes, they are safe, and necessary, to install with the eyelashes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
The simplest way to put it is, if you don't install the mesh, you can't see the eyelashes.

They provide a background, if you like, for the eyelashes that sit on top of the mesh.

No mesh, no eyelashes, they are safe, and necessary, to install with the eyelashes.

Got it, thank you!