Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 12:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes on CC lots
I downloaded a couple of townhouses and REMOVED all of the CC using Clean Installer because I don't want to clog my game with new CC and I can furnish them by myself.
Apparently, when entering the CC free lots which are two stories on a pretty small terrain they crash when removing replacement objects where the CC was supposed to be. I was removing them by using the bulldoze hammer tool instead clicking and dragging.
This has never happened to me before and I have been downloading lots with and without CC for a long time.

Townhouses in question:
https://ilikefishfood.tumblr.com/po...ownhouse-series
https://ilikefishfood.tumblr.com/po...und-to-a-little

I downloaded a couple more from this user but I can't risk to have my game crash again. What do you think is the issue? The lots aren't demanding and huge and I thought that removing CC would cause zero issues since everything left is base game.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 9:12 PM
Removing CC can cause crashing but it its pretty rare. I have seen in once in my 18 years of play where removing a shrub caused a lot to crash.
So it is possible.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
What do you think is the issue? The lots aren't demanding and huge and I thought that removing CC would cause zero issues since everything left is base game.

Those lots have items which are slaved; try adding those items to your download folder temporarily whilst you delete them from the lot. You can remove them later. Could be that when you delete one EA fallback object, there is still a reference to an object that doesn't exist there.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 12:28 AM
Some build objects (fences, windows, outdoor plants, terrain, floors, walls, etc.) might be a bit more "volatile" to switch out, causing the game to crash more easily than with buy objects. Sometimes it can be better to install these items, and then remove/switch them out manually.

If there's a lot of CC, you can first remove anything that looks like a plain recolor with Clean Installer (keep meshes and items you're unsure of), put all the items in a separate folder in the Downloads folder so you know what belongs to that lot and so it's easier to remove it later. Place down a copy of the building, and then remove/replace everything you don't want with EA items (including wallpaper/flloor/fences/etc.). when you're done, delete the CC. It's possible you missed something, so check the lot. If it looks okay, either package it or save it to the lot bin.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 5:04 PM
I'll try all of that. Thanks !!!