Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 5:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims unable to get plates from kitchen islands against walls - is there any mod to fix it?
I just noticed that my Sims are unable to grab plates from kitchen Sims 2 islands, because they are against the wall. I’m pretty sure that’s the only problem because when I relocated the islands to make the other side accessible, everything was fine. It’s a quite specific and very mild annoyance so I haven’t found a mod for it, but I hope I’m wrong. I really appreciate any tip/help

Picture is not by me. Attached it just in case.

Regards Vic
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 12:58 AM
Islands are not designed to work against a wall like that. Food is served on one side, taken from the other. The simplest way for them to eat there is to put a table against the wall. Otherwise you’ll have to mock up an illusion of wall, perhaps based upon a curtain mesh.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 1:16 AM
I think you will find its the wall on the right not the wall at the back and it will only be the far right plate they can't clean up. I assume the wall on the right partially blocks the sims slot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Islands are not designed to work against a wall like that. Food is served on one side, taken from the other. The simplest way for them to eat there is to put a table against the wall. Otherwise you’ll have to mock up an illusion of wall, perhaps based upon a curtain mesh.

Yes
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think you will find its the wall on the right not the wall at the back and it will only be the far right plate they can't clean up. I assume the wall on the right partially blocks the sims slot.

And No

I expected that was intentional. Would like to hear if any mod to alter that behaviour exist. Or any cc island with option to place against the wall. I'll use the table against the wall since now. Thank you.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.