Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 10:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Question About Simlogical Auto Restocking Sign Potentially Glitching?
Hello!

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this, and point me to a better location! I downloaded the automatic restocking sign, and the restock for free feature isn't working as advertised for me. Some of the items in my shop restock instantly after they're bought, and for others the restock sign simply gets deleted. My first thought was that non-CC items would work properly and CC I downloaded would not, but I have about a 50/50 mix of downloads and built-in items and some of the CC restocks perfectly while some of the non-CC harvestables and craftables that came with the FreeTime pack vanish.

I'm completely confused here. I could understand CC not necessarily working right, but unmodded products are acting up too...

Thanks!

Edit: If it helps, I have the Ultimate Collection installed!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 12:58 PM
I believe the sign only stocks things that can stocked from the catalogue so not craftables or havestables that have to be made/grown.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I believe the sign only stocks things that can stocked from the catalogue so not craftables or havestables that have to be made/grown.

I don't believe that's the case, because some of my CC craftables are restocked perfectly and the potions I bought in the catalog don't.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JulietElysa
I don't believe that's the case, because some of my CC craftables are restocked perfectly and the potions I bought in the catalog don't.

I am talking about game craftables like off the florist bench, or the sewn teddy bear made on the sewing machine etc. If the potions are based on (cloned) from the game potions bought off the matchmaker or garden club then they may be the same.

With CC it would depend on how they are made.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 7:43 AM Last edited by JulietElysa : 1st Feb 2023 at 8:20 AM. Reason: Update
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I am talking about game craftables like off the florist bench, or the sewn teddy bear made on the sewing machine etc. If the potions are based on (cloned) from the game potions bought off the matchmaker or garden club then they may be the same.

With CC it would depend on how they are made.

The craftable in question that's working right is from SimWardrobe's chocolate maker, is that somehow different than the other crafting benches? And yes, the potions are cloned from the matchmaker ones. I'll test out a non-CC catalog item to confirm.

Edit: The base game catalog item did indeed work with the mod, as did the harvested tree-based produce and a couple of the custom foods made from the fridge. What works and what doesn't seems so inconsistent, it's grinding my gears.

Edit 2: Wait... I just reloaded the game, and this time the tree-based produce all vanished. So the same exact item isn't even behaving consistently.