Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 11:17 PM
Default Unoffical chat info!
Edit: I took out the time stamps so it's easier to read...

So, I managed to get into the Seasons chat, but it won't let me copy/paste the text from the chat, but I summed some of it up for a fellow simmer, here's our AIM convo, sorry for the side chit-chat, but I hope it helps:

ColorfulFusion: I'm in the sims chat....
Abby: OMG
Abby: I'm so jealous
Abby: Details! I want details!
ColorfulFusion: Do you have any questions you want me to ask?
Abby: Ummm
ColorfulFusion: And I’ll be sure I copy/paste everything.
Abby: Ok
Abby: I have nothing right now.
ColorfulFusion: I know.... same here, but I wanted in anyway.
ColorfulFusion: Hahaha.
ColorfulFusion: It won't let me copy/paste....
ColorfulFusion: I'll reword the important stuff though.
ColorfulFusion: Lets see, first question - new food - but we knew that.
ColorfulFusion: Sims can indeed get struck by lightning while in the hot tub - as well as the pool or anywhere else outside.
Abby: YES!
Abby: I feel complete
Abby: I <3 you. You are amazing
ColorfulFusion:
ColorfulFusion: If you mouse over your plants, it tells you if they're happy or not, what you need to do, and if they're getting healthier or sicklier.
Abby: Oh sweet.
Abby: Oh sweet. That makes life easier
ColorfulFusion: For season changes: the lighting changes and the foliage changes.
ColorfulFusion: The sub neighborhoods will have the same seasons as your main neighborhood.
Abby: Nice, nice. makes things easy
ColorfulFusion: Mmhmm!
ColorfulFusion: You get increased crop sizes when you harvest in the fall, but you can still harvest in the spring.
ColorfulFusion: Direct quote "Playing as a vampire plant-sim is definately not easy. There is a sun-lamp for those sensitive vampire types. It won't burn them up."
ColorfulFusion: You can freeze to death and overheat.
Abby: Oooh fun!
ColorfulFusion: Too many trees on your lot will bring more lightning during heavy rain storms...
Abby: Hehehehehehe
Abby: Not to mention wolves if you have pets
ColorfulFusion: Leftovers seem to stay in the fridge forever... as MaxiodHunter! Says: "leftovers are invincible!"
Abby: yeah!
ColorfulFusion: One question was along the lines of, what if I have a summer-summer-summer-winter climate, will it be an abrupt change? And the answer was that the system intelligently blends whatever seasons you pick together. It's pleasantly procedural.
ColorfulFusion: The pools are heated - they don't freeze in winter.
ColorfulFusion: Question: "If you exit the Goth lot during winter, then play another lot until summer, will it still be winter when you return to the Goths?" Answer: "Yes. Each home lot experiences the seasons on it's own. You can come back to a lot after a long time and pick up where you left off."
ColorfulFusion: Which makes sense.
ColorfulFusion: Children can fish too...
ColorfulFusion: If you have a wedding during the winter, you don't have to wear a coat - but it's not a bad idea.
Abby: Lol wow
ColorfulFusion: You can fish at home or your favorite park - fish show up based on the size of the pond.
ColorfulFusion: You don't have to feed the fish in your ponds... they'll be there no matter what.
Abby: Sweeeet. Less work for me!
ColorfulFusion: Snowball fights can contain up to 8 sims.
ColorfulFusion: Including ages from children - elders.
ColorfulFusion: Pets can eat snow, play in the snow, chase butterflys - cats try to eat fish that's left out.
ColorfulFusion: Pets don't have temperature needs - they're self regulating.
ColorfulFusion: Sims can get killed by hail.
ColorfulFusion: which means there is hail.
ColorfulFusion: Which is sweet.
Abby: YESSSSS
Abby: So many new ways to die!
Abby: It's exciting!
ColorfulFusion: "If each lot experiences weather on it's own what will the neighborhood display look like, lots with snow, some not?"
ColorfulFusion: Answer:
ColorfulFusion: The neighborhood will take on the same seasonal look as the lot you are on when you exit that lot to go back to the neighborhood.
ColorfulFusion: New cheats to let you keep fireflies alive forever... they make really nice lights.
ColorfulFusion: Trees automatically lose leaves - and its based on the kind of tree.
Abby: w00t!
ColorfulFusion: The penguin appears during winter and fall - he's most attracted to fish. He'll eat fish on the ground. and try to talk to snowman.
ColorfulFusion: If you catch him, you can pet him on the head.
ColorfulFusion: But, 'they are free spirits and cannot be trained" so they cant be pets.
ColorfulFusion: Toddlers will play in and eat snow.]
ColorfulFusion: And play with butterflies and fireflies.
Abby: Cuuuute
ColorfulFusion: Ponds can freeze over in the winter if it's cold enough.
Abby: w00t!
ColorfulFusion: There are sprinklers that water plants.
ColorfulFusion: ROFL! They answered one of my questions.
Abby: Yay!
ColorfulFusion: I asked: in the videos, sims jump in the pool without the diving board, does that mean they can get out of the pool without a ladder?
ColorfulFusion: Answer:
ColorfulFusion: Nope... how would we be able to kill them by deleting the ladder, then?
ColorfulFusion: Hahahahahaha.
Abby: LMAO
ColorfulFusion: I feel so accomplished.
Abby: I love Maxis
ColorfulFusion: Me too.
ColorfulFusion: There might be a leaflet in the box explaining the next EP... sweet.
Abby: Yay!
ColorfulFusion: There's a hot cocoa machine for snowy days.
ColorfulFusion: Plant people can get pregnant and have kids like other sims AND spawn kids.
Abby: Lmao
ColorfulFusion: "Sim kids are so focused they go to year round school. They REALLY look forward to possible snow days though "
Abby: Heheheh
ColorfulFusion: "Does it really rain FIRE!?!" "Yes indeed it does. But I won't tell you why."
ColorfulFusion: I didn't know that...
Abby: Omg
ColorfulFusion: Sims could live in greenhouses if they want...
ColorfulFusion: Interesting.
Abby: I wonder if it's because they use the weather controlling machine too much?
ColorfulFusion: Maybe.. maybe.
ColorfulFusion: That would be so cool to see.
Abby: Yes it would
ColorfulFusion: Snow angels do not have plumbobs...
ColorfulFusion: unfortunate.
Abby: Sad
Abby: They should come to life. Clearly
ColorfulFusion: They won't tell us the new deaths or colors of the ghosts... just that there are some.
ColorfulFusion: Which is still cool.
ColorfulFusion: Greenhouse can be connected to the house like a sunroom...
ColorfulFusion: Snow will fall into rooms that don't have roofs.
ColorfulFusion: Sims apparently don't like that very much.
Abby: Lol
Abby: I can imagine
ColorfulFusion: Snow will only accumulate to about knee hight, and will build in drifts near walls.
ColorfulFusion: The new neighborhood, Riverblossom Hills has new lots, characters and stories.
ColorfulFusion: There are earmuffs and snow hats.
ColorfulFusion: There is a weather channel on the TV.
Abby: I hope it's only like 50% correct like the real weather channel.
ColorfulFusion: Haha, I should ask.
Abby: *mutters* Stupid weather people
ColorfulFusion: Haha, agreed.
ColorfulFusion: There are two new radio stations: Jam Band and New Age.
ColorfulFusion: It rains in summer too, just not as much as spring.
ColorfulFusion: Garden plots only need to be placed once - they don't disapear during winter.
ColorfulFusion: There are new floors and wallpapers that match country furniture and tiki stuff.
Abby: I love matching things. They're so rare in the maxis sets
ColorfulFusion: Haha, I know!
ColorfulFusion: If you put money trees outside the paper doesn't get soggy. MaxiodHunter!: 'It's totally laminated"
ColorfulFusion: Haha.
ColorfulFusion: New build mode features - we can put sculptures on the roof.
Abby: Lol
ColorfulFusion: Awnings will protect sims from hail and rain.
Abby: Sculptures... On the roof?
Abby: Lol, that seems totally illogical
ColorfulFusion: Yeah. Not quite sure what that means...
ColorfulFusion: Should be interesting.
ColorfulFusion: When asked if sims can get their tounges stuck to metal objects in the winter... the reply was "Do Sims have tounges? =P"
Abby: Lol wow. I never really noticed that before
ColorfulFusion: Same here.
ColorfulFusion: Haha.
ColorfulFusion: Spiral stairs will not be making a return in this EP. But they said "Not yet" so that means maybe in the Fall EP?
Abby: Hopefully
Abby: I love my spiral stairs
ColorfulFusion: Animal control will step-in befor your pets freeze to death.
ColorfulFusion: I know. I love my spiral stairs too.
ColorfulFusion: The gardner will tend and water your plots for you, but will not harvest.
Abby: What a good gardner
ColorfulFusion: Sims will react to the weather. Whether or not that ruins a part or wedding is up to us.
ColorfulFusion: So, I guess it's possible to have a rainy wedding... .
ColorfulFusion: Outwear can be worn anytime.
Abby: Oh sad. That would be just depressing
ColorfulFusion: the Weather Device can extend season for a few days or forever... you can also make certain weather happen right away.
ColorfulFusion: When asked which career is the most fun, MaxoidLittleL replied: Adventurer. I really like it and there are some great new outfits. The other favorite here is the Gamer career."
Abby: Yay gaming career!
ColorfulFusion: There is an abiltiy to "Pay All Bills"
ColorfulFusion: Yessss.
Abby: SWEEEEEET
Abby: My dream come true
ColorfulFusion: New things to call over the phone: The Garden Club.
ColorfulFusion: Sims that are already in the game will have some default outerwear added to their wardrobe.
ColorfulFusion: End of chcat.
Colorful Fusion: Chat*

Feel free to ask me any other questions, I'll try my best to answer!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:33 AM
hey thanks a bunch i forgot this was today =[

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:44 AM
Oh no problem. I was surprised I actually made it into the chat! It was a first for me! Hope some of it helps. I know I learned a few new things. . .
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:45 AM
Aww thanks for posting that! it's the really little details that are missing from the previews I know...it sounds like a really complex EP, I do hope it will go smoothly :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:25 AM
I love vampires and now I so want a vampire plant-sim!!! It would be a challenge!!
#6 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:54 AM
WOW! thanks so much for posting that!! ::Freaks::