Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 5:21 AM
Default Sparkling food??
Why does the food sparkle? Does it have something to do with the fact that you have harvested fruit or caught fish in your fridge when you cook it? At first I thought it was just the fish that sparkled, then when I made some cereal after having some fruit in the fridge, the cereal and everything else after that sparkled, too. I don't get it.
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 5:27 AM

Cause the snack fairy makes all foods a tasty treat that sparkles in your eyes and tingles in your belly!

:borg:~Infernal

Seriously.... I was wondering the same thing
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 5:31 AM
-dies laughing-

Good one.

Maybe there were some mushrooms in with those apples..?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:48 AM
Any food that you put in the fridge with the "stock" command -- fruits, veggies, fish -- will give you sparkly food that's extra nutritious. So a bowl of cereal is like a plate of pork chops -- be careful with this stuff unless you want fat sims!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Infernal

Cause the snack fairy makes all foods a tasty treat that sparkles in your eyes and tingles in your belly!

BWAH!!

I think the sparkling food is just the harvested/caught food. The one cool thing I've noticed so far is that it seems to be more "nutritious" in that your Sims get fuller faster when they eat the sparkling food.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:40 AM

Omg! Another Colin Mochrie fan! Hehe I'm sure there's millions of us out there lol!

Anyway, back on topic, I think once you stoc the fridge with your own caught or harvested food, all food becomes sparkly. But I do agree it makes your Sims fat very quickly. If you don't cancel the action of eating as soon as their hunger is full, their fitness drops like crazy.

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:18 AM
When you check the fridge, you'll see two levels now - regular level from before, and a new one, fresh food - the second one is the only one that goes down when you cook, ie you use that only. Sparkling food that made my entire family huge, but on the up side, no groceries needed.
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:21 AM
why does it make your fitness go down and make you fat if its healthy nutritious food?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:26 AM
It's nutritious in the sense of the energy value going up - so you eat cereal and you think you ate pork chops or lobster. Watch the hunger bar, it fills up in seconds. Took me a while to figure it out, my Sims all went to fat in seconds and I was stunned. Do not let them finish a meal unless they are really hungry.

It's cool in the sense of it taking less to fill up which was my pet peeve before, so I guess they went for that, with of course, the reality ie everything has a down side.
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:25 AM
Yeah! My Sims got really fat. Like even when they were full hungry, they didnt even finish the meal and they were full.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:54 PM
lol, I havent tried gardening or fishing at all yet all of my food sparkles. I was wondering why my sims havent been getting very hungry, even though they only have the cooking skills for a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. I don't like this very much, I think the game is already too easy and giving the food a boost just makes it easier
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:32 PM

Seriously.... I was wondering the same thing

It makes me proud to have met him!

Sparkling food is food you've harvested yourself, such as caught fish and the like.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:05 AM
I love the sparkling food. You have to watch them very carefully, and they do get fat very fast if you don't, but with the new leftovers feature one meal can last a long time!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:15 AM
I noticed that sometimes if I make the cup of ramen, that it will sparkle, how come?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:17 PM
You got fresh food in your inventory.
#16 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:21 PM
Lol this fresh produce looks like a nightmare for our food-conscious sims! Poor things. So regular food still acts this way if you have fresh food in your fridge/inventory?

(Darn. I want Seasons already)
Instructor
#17 Old 1st May 2014 at 7:10 AM
My food started sparkling today too when i put tomatoes, oranges and a fish into it, i always make sure they don't over eat anyway as they are like babies even at adults, can't do hardly anything for themselves lol, so i stopped them eating and put the food away for left overs later, it looks pretty though .
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st May 2014 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by randaree
Why does the food sparkle? Does it have something to do with the fact that you have harvested fruit or caught fish in your fridge when you cook it? At first I thought it was just the fish that sparkled, then when I made some cereal after having some fruit in the fridge, the cereal and everything else after that sparkled, too. I don't get it.

As many have already stated, the food sparkles because you put something from the garden, fruit trees, or fresh fish in the fridge. Let's say you put a fish in there and then made a bowl of cereal. The cereal still gets fresh food points because of the fish. Gross, but true. This all came from Seasons. The fresh food fills your sim up faster and when people first start feeding their sims this food, and don't know about this, their sims end up overeating. I didn't know that the food would fill their hunger that fast, I just knew about the sparkle effect. My sims got fat from overeating. Works great at keeping pregnant sims full, but everyone else just eats two or three bites and they're done.

As a real life organic gardener I find the whole sparkle effect annoying and lame. I also really don't like how quickly it fills up my sims. They couldn't even eat half the plate of food before they were too full to enjoy it. Boiling Oil's No Fresh Food mod is a life saver! Now my sims can garden and fish without having the sparkles and quick-filling effects.

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Instructor
#19 Old 1st May 2014 at 5:54 PM
I think i'll keep it i like using the left overs i have at least 10 left overs in the Dreamer's fridge now as they never eat it all anyway even a family of 4 doesn't there is always like 2 or 3 servings left.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 1st May 2014 at 11:15 PM
I have found the sparkling food useful when dealing with pregnant sims (who always seem to be ravenous), but mostly it's a chore.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 1st May 2014 at 11:17 PM
This thread is 7 years old guys.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#22 Old 2nd May 2014 at 12:34 AM
So... stop saying that, if you don't want people to reply lock it other wise shh... lol
Mad Poster
#23 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:28 AM
I have the noeatcrap mod. This stops all sims to over eat. When their hunger bar is full, they stop autonomously. It is a must, with Seasons.
It might be an old thread, apparently, there are still people who could use a bit of help uh?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:35 AM
Sims getting fat from eating isn't usually a problem for me. I always (literally) sit in the same room where my Sims eat, so I literally eat with them (fits perfectly if I have a bowl of noodles in front of the keyboard!). I keep tabs on them constantly, and if one Sim's hunger bar is full, it's time to stop. And if they don't, that's 180 Sim minutes on the treadmill as punishment.
Instructor
#25 Old 2nd May 2014 at 4:35 AM
I got Brandi fat even without the sparkely food lol i wasn't watching that time and now i have to go back her swim for a while in the pool, will teach me to watch her and she tends to eat when she's only half hungry.
Page 1 of 3