Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 12:13 AM
Default Seasons Glitches?
For those of you lucky ducks who already own Seasons, I have a question: have you had any glitches so far? I know Maxis really worked them out on this EP, but I want to know what to watch out for when I get this game.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:19 AM
So far I have'nt. The one thing is that sometimes it lags for a few seconds, and it takes longer to save. Or at least it does on my computer. But so far, I have'nt noticed any glitches.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:23 AM
I havn't noticed any, but it is a bit slow transitioning between buy, build, and live modes. Then again, I was playing a rather large lot. Not recommended for those of you who experienced lag with Pets.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:37 AM
I have a weird glitch where when a sim uses the energizer (aspiration award) they will just stay in it even after their motives go all the way up

Also...not sure if this is a glitch or if maxis did this on purpose...but babies cry a whole lot more and people over at the maxis BBS were saying it is because their fun is down...
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:42 AM
Seasons glitches
My sims cant watch the clouds or look at the stars anymore
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:51 AM
Yes, the babies *do* cry alot more. I thought it was just me! But yeah... you have to play with the baby more.

Mecall, do you have any hacks or anything? Because mine can. (odd.)

I can't get into bodyshop, though. And the whole game is not showing up under the program list on my menu so I can't put the bodyshop icon on my desktop like I always do. (I wanted to make some of the older clothing into outerwear, and recolor some.)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Incomplete
For those of you lucky ducks who already own Seasons, I have a question: have you had any glitches so far? I know Maxis really worked them out on this EP, but I want to know what to watch out for when I get this game.

This is my first post ever, so please bear with me if I mess it up, lol. Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but when I have my toddlers stop doing something (like playing in the toilet or with a toy) they stand up and float in the air for a few seconds and then go back down to the ground. I'm not sure why, I deleted all of my hacks before installing seasons, so I guess its just a glitch. I have had my sims do this when they were growing up or being held while growing up, but never like this...I hope this made sense..

-Chelsea
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:53 AM
Babies have fun? For some reason this sounds foreign to me, lol. One of those things you don't think about till you have to, lol.

I guess it's good for them though that their parents have to pay more attention, lol.

I'm sooooo looking forward to MORE crying.
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:57 AM
i found a tiny little one when my sim was planting tomatoes. the spot where he planted it in the soil was up by his chest. but it only happened in one spot, so i'm not really sure what was happening. it's no big deal though, i don't really care.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by greenmtx
I have a weird glitch where when a sim uses the energizer (aspiration award) they will just stay in it even after their motives go all the way up

Also...not sure if this is a glitch or if maxis did this on purpose...but babies cry a whole lot more and people over at the maxis BBS were saying it is because their fun is down...

This is happening to me too! I have to cancel the action.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:15 AM
I posted in another thread (incl. pics) about the wolf turning up floating with twisted limbs and carrying his own fishing rod too, he actually stuck around and tried to fish (unsucessfully).
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:15 AM
I had a fire in one of my houses today and the alarm continued to go off long after the fire was out and the fireman had left. I had to delete the smoke detector to get it to stop :S
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:21 AM
Well, I can't see the fish in the pond when they are fishing. in the video, you can see them splashing in the water but i don't see that. they are still catching fish, but i don't see any. I haven't seen any lightning bugs yet either?? but maybe that's not a glitch, maybe not the right season???
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:24 AM
When my sim added compost to the compost bin his arms twisted around and the bin dissapeared :shrug:

"I don't even know a Curtis!!"
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:27 AM
I think lightning bugs are only summer, and your video card/puter need to be good enough for the fish. Do you see fish in tanks?
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:41 AM
Ive had the fire alarm glitch happen to me before I had seasons installed... it was terrible.

My babies now have social and fun needs, you just cant see them. My first Sims Seasons Baby was born in a bad mood and it scolded me for being bad Sim parents and letting my baby be without social interaction. Blah! My Sims had fishing to do! The baby needs to learn young how to amuse himself, right?! (hehe kidding)

I also had my sims stay in the aspiration reward mood enhancer thingy, it was 4-5 Sim hours later when I realized she was still getting zapped and canceled the action. Weirdos! Addicted a little?!?!

I have found one other little oopsie flaw. I had part of my sims house that was roofed with the small octogonal roof, and when winter hit, the snow looked great UNTIL heavy snow hit. Then just the octogonal roof was clear of snow and the snow pile that should have been on it was floating 3 feet above it. It was a little . . . odd.

Not a flaw, but I do think they should limit how much lightning really hits your sims lots. My first exploration of spring resulted in over a dozen fires. Half of them went out on their own due to the rain, the other half hit when the rain was stopping. My Sim family are on first name basis with the firemen now. *sigh*
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vellybelly
My Sim family are on first name basis with the firemen now. *sigh*

"How ya doin' today Bob?" <slaps him on shoulder>
Bob: "Damn expansion pack."

I've had the fire alarm too (Pets) but it wasn't TOOO long.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:49 AM
I had a weird glitch..I guess it's a glitch? When my elder sim was planting, the dirt pile was up at her face...when it should have been on the ground. It might have been because I was fast forwarding and it might have screwed it up?
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mecall
My sims cant watch the clouds or look at the stars anymore

was it winter when you tried this? I'm guessing you might not be able to watch the clouds or stars in winter if there's snow.
Theorist
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:57 AM
I've had a few jump bugs..I mean that the characters sometimes jump around a bit from once place or position to another, canceling out some actions.
I could have sworn I saw a puppy chewing on a bone BEFORE the mother dog gave birth.
I was thinking 'what the heck? when did she have the puppies' then I saw the mother dog 'go into labor' and have 2 puppies. That's the trouble with having too much going on at once...you're not sure what you might have missed. Maybe that chewing dog was a stray?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:59 AM
I have noticed that the gypsy women blind date options are not there, although i may have a hack in interfering.......
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:02 AM
Ive had the aspiration motives increaser thing problem to and the dirt at chest level.. and I get frequent crashing every here and there but thats about it so far..

edit: oh.. and im missing the marco polo option, waterballoon fight, baseball toss, and give gift options...but not the snowball fight.

Take a look at a new sims2 chat site ran by Tease. There are mods and we are working to get teh site off of its feet. You can look around and if you feel like joining that would be great for the site. Thanks

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenny
I have noticed that the gypsy women blind date options are not there, although i may have a hack in interfering.......

Yesterday I had menus missing. Not sure which hack(s) it was, but it was a hack(s)!
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:13 AM
So far I haven't had any glitches...then again the only glitch I had with pets was food coming out of a sim's hand after they fed a pet. Maybe I'm just lucky. =)
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:14 AM
My sims can't primp. =\
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Tech help belongs on MTS2.
Page 1 of 7