Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:18 PM
Default Anyone else have an insane amout of TWINS!
I have been playing since yesterday after noon, have 3 different families in no way connected at all and had each one have a baby 2 out of the 3 were twins, and even yet both were twin boys. Normally i have to use the OFB cheesecake cheat to get twins in my game but i got both of these sets totally naturally. Anyone else have a lot of twins since you installed Seasons, or am i just lucky?
Advertisement
#2 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:22 PM
I do.When I first starting playing for like 5 months I only had twins.But lately I have only had non twins.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:39 PM
I think you are just cursed/blessed. I had a long run of twins, but I'm in a twin-free game now. I used to curse it, now I wouldn't mind a set of twins once in a while.

This could *possibly* be caused by some sort of pregnancy hack that hasn't been updated for Seasons, but usually twins seem to come in bunches ( at least for me).

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:45 PM
Same here. My first ever pregnancy were twins (can you imagine that shock?) and they kept coming. Then they stopped, then again they started. It's just you I think
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:55 PM
lol well i thought maybe it was cuz i have the pregnancy wear all hack from squinge but they say its suposed to work with Seasons, I don't always mind twins but they always seem to come on a family that im only really trying to have one baby on. I just had glitch in the game where i got stuck in winter (not sure where that came from since the pregnancy hack is the only one i have installed) So im going to make a new neighborhood and a new family and see if i get twins again. This game has had me up for 27 hours in a row and im hooked.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 9:05 PM
Well, my game is great with twins. I mostly get twins when i least expect it but there is not too many. Like my twins in the toddler thread. I wanted that family to have a boy then a girl. Via insim i checked and it said twins! This was my favorite family so i decided i will just have a boy and a girl. I was delighted with identical twin girls!

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 9:28 PM
Well its not like im complaining, Heck before i installed Seasons i never got twins and i always wanted them the most. I just wish i could mix it up a bit, maybe 2 girls or a boy and a girl. Lol well we will see just started playing a new family i will see what i get with them.
#8 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 9:55 PM
I've recently had a spat of twin births too and I haven't even got Seasons.

Note though, if you keep getting boys and want boy-girl or girls try saving just before your sim gives birth (as soon as she waves save the game) then let her give birth. If it's another set of boy-boy babies then exit the family and go back in. She will imediatly give birth to a different set of twins. Repeat process until desired gender result.
Gender is chosen at birth but number is chosen at conception (unless you have any hacks that alter this process like the quads hack) so she will always have twins when you go back so if you do want twins you don't need to worry about not getting them and if you don't want twins you're stuffed
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 10:01 PM
Are you getting them a lot just in the new neighborhood (Riverblossom) or in other neighborhoods?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 10:14 PM
I'm jealous. All this time I've had Sims2, and I've only got two sets of twins.
#11 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 10:33 PM
Me too. My first set were girl-girl and my second set, girl-boy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 11:04 PM
ive gotten both sets in a neighborhood i made myslef, the one baby that was born a singleton was in riverblossom.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 12:30 AM
You know what's funny - I loaded seasons after answering here, and the first pregnancy - InSim shows twins! I died laughing! :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 12:38 AM
I've never had a baby come out by itself. All I've ever have are twins and triplets

Read True Hollywood Story! You'll love it I swear!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:05 AM
well for now looks like my twin spell is broken i got another single birth altho if it follows a pattern witch it is right now (Twins, single, twins, single) my next birth should be twins im going to have to get Leslie pregnant again asap and see what happens.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:12 AM
I never get twins. Since my bought the Sims when it first came out, I have only had ONE set. I'm forcing another set right now with inSiminator, though.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:26 AM
I used to get them more often than I do now. I haven't had a natural twins birth for a long time.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:39 AM
Default Aliens?
The first time i ever got ubducted,my male had twins.I thought "okay,double surprise!"two alien baby-boys!
Then,with a seperate family,my sim got pregnant,had twin girls,then about a sim decade later(my twins were almost teens),the same sim got pregnant,and had twin boys!
This was all when i still thought the only cheats were 'Motherlode' and 'Moveobjects on'.
It seems every time my sim-boys are ubducted,they have little twin alien babys!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:44 AM
I am proud to say that I have never gotten abducted or had a male Sim pregnant, lol. I'm sure I'd be cursed/blessed with a twin dry spell there too. I want some twins! Oh well, I get them every now and then when I hack it, lol.
Theorist
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:09 AM
Twins seem to show up if your family is low in funds.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:10 AM
Oh the irony.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC

they show up when you want a family to have just one more baby.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 6:31 AM
Lol - I cheat! I have twojeff's Triplets and Quads Hack - which will make the percent chance of twins higher! I tend to get more twins and single babies then I do triplets and quads *shrug* And when I do get triplets or quads, I usually don't want them! <_< Go figure...

Here and back and then again... rinse, lather, repeat...
Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC

Not in my game. All my families were loaded by the time twins arrived. This new one, the family has over 12 mil simoleans. I think it is totally random.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Melodyway17
Lol - I cheat! I have twojeff's Triplets and Quads Hack

I use the same hack! I put the percent chance all around 25. I downloaded it after I noticed that I never could get twins in my game...and I wanted twins... and now I can take control at how many baby's I get. (No surprises for me....)
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Common Thread Topic.
Page 1 of 3